#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,110 Times in 59,910 Posts

Kardashian Products Made In Sweatshops With Child Labor

By Radar Staff

In a stunning world exclusive exposé Star magazine is reporting that the Kardashian family are endorsing and selling fashion products manufactured in foreign sweatshops, where workers, some as young as sixteen years old, are abused and virtually imprisoned.

A prestigious human-rights watchdog organization has launched an investigation into America’s top TV family, with officials imploring the Kardashians not to profit from what amounts to “slave labor.”

“The Kardashians are in bed with some pretty bad people,” Charles Kernaghan, the executive director of the Institute for Global Labour and Human Rights, tells Star. “Not only are celebrities like the Kardashians taking advantage of these workers, they are holding hands with a government that spits on democracy and women’s rights.”

While the Kardashians are involved with many fine consumer products in the fashion, beauty, fragrance, health and lifestyle industries that are not part of this investigation, there are several brands that are coming under fire. Items in the family’s high-end K-Dash by Kardashian label and the Kris Jenner Kollection — sold on the home-shopping television network QVC — and ShoeDazzle, a company that Kim cofounded and endorses, are all manufactured in areas of China where government regulations are often ignored and workers are subject to inhumane conditions.

Li Qiang, the executive director of China Labor Watch, says that the reality stars are turning a blind eye to human rights abuses, for the sake of their bottom line. “People like the Kardashians are producing their products in China because they will get more profit, since the labor cost is so low compared to the United States and other countries,” he tells Star exclusively.

The sweatshop workers live in squalid factory-run dormitories filled with the stench of sewage while toiling up to 84 hours during seven-day work weeks to produce some of the goods that helped Kourtney, 32, Kim, 31, Khloé, 27, mom Kris, 56, and the rest of their family earn $65 million last year.

Shockingly, the impoverished workers earn just a paltry $1 an hour, slaving away in factories in the Guangdong region of China, which Kernaghan describes as being "like minimum-security prisons."

The region is a “scary place,” Kernaghan continues, where the peak summer season is “brutal,” with temperatures inside non-air-conditioned factories soaring to over 100˚F. Workers in the region can come out with as little as $15 a month once rent and food debts have been paid to their bosses.

“You can’t talk during working hours,” Kernaghan adds. “You can’t listen to music; you can’t stand up and stretch. You can’t even put your head up and look around, or you will be screamed at. If you get permission to use the toilet, you get four minutes. If you’re highly specialized, you cannot even go to the bathroom.”

Star has learned that human-rights groups have dispatched their undercover investigators to a number of factories that have been linked to the Kardashians. And, Kernaghan says, it is time for the world and the Kardashians to take some responsibility. “Kim has been very fortunate, but it’s time for her and her family to treat these workers with respect,” he tells Star.

“Kim, for example, could say, ‘It ain’t going to be all about me, me and me.’ She could do something and not leave behind a broken mess of women and children. If she took a stand and said, ‘I want to manufacture my products in Chicago or Los Angeles, where I can ensure people humane conditions,’ she would be taking the right stand.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Arent all products made that way now? China doesnt have any labor laws do they?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thelancinator View Post
    By Radar Staff

In a stunning world exclusive exposé Star magazine is reporting that the Kardashian family are endorsing and selling fashion products manufactured in foreign sweatshops, where workers, some as young as sixteen years old, are abused and virtually imprisoned.

A prestigious human-rights watchdog organization has launched an investigation into America’s top TV family, with officials imploring the Kardashians not to profit from what amounts to “slave labor.”

“The Kardashians are in bed with some pretty bad people,” Charles Kernaghan, the executive director of the Institute for Global Labour and Human Rights, tells Star. “Not only are celebrities like the Kardashians taking advantage of these workers, they are holding hands with a government that spits on democracy and women’s rights.”

While the Kardashians are involved with many fine consumer products in the fashion, beauty, fragrance, health and lifestyle industries that are not part of this investigation, there are several brands that are coming under fire. Items in the family’s high-end K-Dash by Kardashian label and the Kris Jenner Kollection — sold on the home-shopping television network QVC — and ShoeDazzle, a company that Kim cofounded and endorses, are all manufactured in areas of China where government regulations are often ignored and workers are subject to inhumane conditions.

Li Qiang, the executive director of China Labor Watch, says that the reality stars are turning a blind eye to human rights abuses, for the sake of their bottom line. “People like the Kardashians are producing their products in China because they will get more profit, since the labor cost is so low compared to the United States and other countries,” he tells Star exclusively.

The sweatshop workers live in squalid factory-run dormitories filled with the stench of sewage while toiling up to 84 hours during seven-day work weeks to produce some of the goods that helped Kourtney, 32, Kim, 31, Khloé, 27, mom Kris, 56, and the rest of their family earn $65 million last year.

Shockingly, the impoverished workers earn just a paltry $1 an hour, slaving away in factories in the Guangdong region of China, which Kernaghan describes as being "like minimum-security prisons."

The region is a “scary place,” Kernaghan continues, where the peak summer season is “brutal,” with temperatures inside non-air-conditioned factories soaring to over 100˚F. Workers in the region can come out with as little as $15 a month once rent and food debts have been paid to their bosses.

“You can’t talk during working hours,” Kernaghan adds. “You can’t listen to music; you can’t stand up and stretch. You can’t even put your head up and look around, or you will be screamed at. If you get permission to use the toilet, you get four minutes. If you’re highly specialized, you cannot even go to the bathroom.”

Star has learned that human-rights groups have dispatched their undercover investigators to a number of factories that have been linked to the Kardashians. And, Kernaghan says, it is time for the world and the Kardashians to take some responsibility. “Kim has been very fortunate, but it’s time for her and her family to treat these workers with respect,” he tells Star.

“Kim, for example, could say, ‘It ain’t going to be all about me, me and me.’ She could do something and not leave behind a broken mess of women and children. If she took a stand and said, ‘I want to manufacture my products in Chicago or Los Angeles, where I can ensure people humane conditions,’ she would be taking the right stand.”
    I wouldn't expect anything else from them...

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyGut View Post
    they have forced labor camps where we have liberal labor laws.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Holy Kathy Lee Gifford!

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,894 Times in 11,969 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyGut View Post

That's exactly what I was thinking. I should make a better effort to buy stuff that says "Made in USA" on the label.

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post

That's exactly what I was thinking. I should make a better effort to buy stuff that says "Made in USA" on the label.
    but then you're helping those damn unions

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Cant win.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,110 Times in 59,910 Posts

Update

Kardashian Scandal: Shoe Company Calls BS on 'Slave Labor' Reports
    By the TMZ Staff

The company behind the Kardashian shoe line is adamant ... there is NO CHILD LABOR taking place in any of its China factories ... claiming it's never even been contacted by the "agency" making the claim.

Robert Shapiro -- the famous lawyer-turned-entrepreneur who owns ShoeDazzle -- tells TMZ ... his team has invested tons of time, energy and money to ensure the factories are operating in good standard.

One of the people who has personally visited the factories is ShoeDazzle COO Deborah Benton .... who tells us "This issue of child labor is of paramount importance to us. We've been very focused on this from the very beginning."

She adds, "Factories are routinely inspected and always pass inspection."

Benton says the company has a full-time employee -- who graduated from UCLA -- who moved his family to China ... with the specific task of checking the factories on a daily basis. Benton says she's never received a report of "slave labor" conditions.

Benton also says the company has not been contacted by the agency that allegedly conducted the investigation -- but says, "I'm more than happy to work with any organization that reaches out to us with a concern."

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I thought Robert Shapiro was deceased?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    A few days ago I was reading this about Apple. Just a snippet:

Delly Sesete knows the truth about where Apple gets the minerals used to make iPhones. He’s been a tireless advocate against the conflict mineral trade in the Democratic Republic of Congo -- a trade that's fueled the deaths of more than 5.5 million people and hundreds of thousands of rapes.

Nearly every game console, cell phone, and computer being sold today requires tantalum, tin, tungsten and gold. Armed groups fight each other and the Congolese military for control over mines producing these minerals, and use rape as their primary means of terrorizing and asserting dominance in local communities -- something Delly has personally documented in Congo (for which the government has responded by threatening to kill him).

Nothing is clean, everything corporate is greed and success at any cost. Nobody cares. Deal with it.

Actually...I do care...but it seems few people really do. Would anyone REALLY be shocked if Kim K was selling sweatshop products? Aren't most fancy labels made that way, with at least some part of the production chain falling to an area with questionable practices? I think we all know this by now.
    Behold my signature~!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post
    Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!
    The horse does not eat cucumber salad.
    I think everyone in my world, the normal world, knows that Mark Levin and Hannity are relevant only to the angriest, most bitter Americans. (Alec Baldwin)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    why don't people just not buy this crap

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    why don't people just not buy this crap
    I'm holding out for the boys dress sock line...

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    i want some for the 7th night of hanukkah dad

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Next year Im going to put a 25 foot high cross of lights on my house... I wonder if the news will show up, or someone will try and kill me for it?

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    make sure you use blue lights