by Josh Grossberg - E! Online

You name it and Taylor Swift's lived it in her 22 years.

Gracing the cover of the February issue of Vogue, the country pop princess opened up in a candid interview about her extraordinary music career, her interest in fashion, the loves that have fueled her songwriting (we're looking at you, John Mayer) and her highly anticipated new album.

Here are some highlights...

Showcasing her reputation as a style icon, Swift donned a wide-brimmed beige hat and floral hippie dress for the cover while the story featured a spread of the singer wearing various Rodarte floral prints.

But while she's got all the accoutrements of being a celeb, Swift says she remains just a small town girl who grew up on a Christmas tree farm in rural Pennsylvania and always felt like an outsider in school.

"I think who you are in school really sticks with you," she told the magazine. "I don't ever feel like the cool kid at the party, ever. It's like, 'Smile and be nice to everybody, because you were not invited to be here.'"

On dating the likes of John Mayer Joe Jonas, Taylor Lautner and Jake Gyllenhaal, Swift admitted to having rose-colored glasses when it comes to relationships.

"I think I am smart unless I am really, really in love, and then I am ridiculously stupid," the crooner remarked.

She's often mined her failed romances as creative fodder for her records, including the song "Dear John," off 2010's multi-platinum-selling smash, Speak Now, which was a scathing kiss off to Mayer.

When asked if she was seeing anyone currently, she had this to say: "I got nothing going on! I just don't really! I just don't really feel like dating. I really have this great life right now, and I'm not sad and I'm not crying this Christmas, so I am really stoked about that."

But there's good news, Swift fans. Taylor's putting all her latest travails where it counts.

"There's just been this earth-shattering, not recent, but absolute crash-and-burn heartbreak," she said, and "that will turn out to be what the next album is about. The only way that I can feel better about myself—pull myself out of that awful pain of losing someone—is writing songs about it to get some sort of clarity. I have red flags now."

While she loves playing to thousands of people and being one of a handful of performers that can sell out stadiums, Swift was just as circumspect about her music career.

"This is what I've wanted to do my whole life. It never freaks me out. Never. Ever," she said. "But you know what does freak me out? When is the other shoe going to drop? I am so happy right now. So I am always living in fear. This can't be real, right? This can't really be my life."

Swift has since been spending splitting her time between her condo in Nashville and Los Angeles where she's quietly eyeing movie roles, such as a big screen adaptation of the hit musical Les Misérables.