View Poll Results: Do you believe in ghosts?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 35.29%
  • No

11 64.71%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Do you believe in ghosts?

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    I keep my headphones hung up near my pc and plugged in.On multiple occasions now I've heard distant voices and sounds coming out of them.One night when the pc wasn't even on!

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    My father has an old radio from around WW2 time.Instead of station call letters or numbers, it has actual city names.One night myself and 3 other people heard sounds/voices coming from it and it wasn't plugged in....

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    My father has an old radio from around WW2 time.Instead of station call letters or numbers, it has actual city names.One night myself and 3 other people heard sounds/voices coming from it and it wasn't plugged in....
    I'm staying away from you. your like that kid from the movie sixth sense

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    We have a spare room downstairs that most people who visit us don't like sleeping in.Without sounding too cheesy or cliche, the room had odd angles and just doesn't 'feel' right.

Back in the day I had parties every weekend, lots of people sleeping over.A good friend swears that the door slowly closed while he was sitting there awake and he jumped up quickly thinking it was me.I was upstairs, the other side of the house, sleeping soundly in my room

Strange thing is that we've always had problems closing the door, because the carpet is too thick and the door rubs on it harshly and then stops before you can get the door closed.It takes a fair amount of strength to close it completely, even then the door bends...

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    When I was in grade school (must have been 2nd or 3rd grade), our teacher told us about the legend of the Banshee (if you don't know about it, you can find it here)...long story short, in one of the legends it is said that if you hear the wail of the banshee at night it would mean someone you know (most likely in your family) is going to die. The way she told it scared the fuck outta me and for weeks whenever I would hear the wind howl outside, I was afraid to get up and look out the window because I just knew it had to be a banshee.

In retrospect, the teacher should have known better than to tell that kinda story to a bunch of young kids like that

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I walk around my house at night in the dark....there's no need to turn lights on when I know the walls and doors haven't moved much in the past 20 years

More than once, I've physically ducked or moved aside as if someone was walking toward me or next to me.It's the oddest feeling....like someone is standing right there.I don't fear much so when I make an instinctual move like that, it's my subconscious taking over at a primal level.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tehlancinator View Post
    When I was in grade school (must have been 2nd or 3rd grade), our teacher told us about the legend of the Banshee (if you don't know about it, you can find it here)...long story short, in one of the legends it is said that if you hear the wail of the banshee at night it would mean someone you know (most likely in your family) is going to die. The way she told it scared the fuck outta me and for weeks whenever I would hear the wind howl outside, I was afraid to get up and look out the window because I just knew it had to be a banshee.

In retrospect, the teacher should have known better than to tell that kinda story to a bunch of young kids like that
    When I was in elementary school in Jersey, they used to have assemblies where they would bring in a Jersey folk historian and he would tell the entire school about the haunted history of Jersey and notably the Jersey Devil (no, not the hockey team, the legend the team's name came from). I believe I told you guys once about my step grandfather telling me that there were monsters that wanted to eat me in the ventilation shafts of his house when I was a little kid. Well between that, and this folk legend guy, I think it's pretty safe to say we all know why I am the way I am.

Anyways, I think I told all you guys back at AS about the ghost that I saw back in my old house in New Jersey. If you want me to retell the story I will.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    i believe in the supernatural.

Have seen a few things i cant quite explain, and have on a few occasions felt presences or generally had those heebegeebe moments.

One example, i was out late one night for a drive, i couldn’t sleep and just fancied a drive, so took to a nice little loop of a great mountain road close to me. On one clear part i notice a ball of light (i know that old cliché) hovering just about head height and as i get closer it gets dimmer. I pull over into the small pull in that it appeared in, got out and looked about, saw and heard nothing. Got a quick case of the shivers/heebegeebys, got back in my car and drove off.

My old, old house was inhabited by an old guy who sadly passed away in the house, and the entire time we lived there things kept going missing, small things like the tv remote, my mums glasses, car/door keys, passports, wallets etc. No amount of house hunting would get them to turn up. Worst case was when i was due to go on holiday and couldn’t find my passport, it wasn’t in my little safe box i kept in my dead stereo speaker where it was always kept. Me and my mother hunted high and low for the day, checking everywhere to no success. As i went to bed that night i asked Mr Williams (that was the guys name) to please put it back.

I woke the next morning to find it right there on the living room coffee table.
    This was a reoccurring thing and has been since they moved to the new place, things will go missing, and asking Mr Williams to put it back has always made them turn up. Apparently it isn’t unusual for a spirit to follow a family if he/she feels comfortable around them.

The mrs freaked out one night that she stayed, saying she thought she saw someone standing at the bottom of my bed, i had got up to go to the bathroom, and in her sleepy state she thought it was me at the bottom of the bed so she asked if i was ok, to no reply. Then she heard the toilet flush, looked at the open bedroom door, looked back at the bottom of the bed to see nothing. She was close to hysterical when i walked back into the room. It was also just the two of us in the house. Needless to say she didn’t stay over for a while

One other ‘supernatural’ thing i have experienced is a picture of a family member fell off the wall a week before he passed away. I remember hearing the old superstition – ‘If a picture falls off the wall, there will be a death of someone you know’. Coincidence or not i cant decide!?

My girlfriend’s cousin has had 2 near death accidents in the last 8 years, 1st one involved him getting run over deliberately, the other was last year between xmas and new year, where he was involved in a traffic collision with a ½ tonne cow! He remembers very little of both accidents but the single thing that sticks with him is seeing his dead grandfather’s face on both occasions, almost like a guardian angel type of sighting. The last accident no one can work out how he got away with it as the roof of the car was caved in and is practically touching the headrest of the driver’s seat.

These are the most ghostly/supernatural things that i can remember so far but i believe i have experienced ‘weird’ things on many more occasions.

apologies for teh poor spelling and grammar. Engrish isn’t this users strong point!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    When I was in elementary school in Jersey, they used to have assemblies where they would bring in a Jersey folk historian and he would tell the entire school about the haunted history of Jersey and notably the Jersey Devil (no, not the hockey team, the legend the team's name came from). I believe I told you guys once about my step grandfather telling me that there were monsters that wanted to eat me in the ventilation shafts of his house when I was a little kid. Well between that, and this folk legend guy, I think it's pretty safe to say we all know why I am the way I am.

Anyways, I think I told all you guys back at AS about the ghost that I saw back in my old house in New Jersey. If you want me to retell the story I will.
    TELL IT!

I am fixed

"Somedays I wake up and feel like nobody loves me. Other days I wake up and feel like I love nobody. Sometimes I wake up and feel tired, and worn out. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I cannot face the day. But someday I'll wake up and realize that waking up is pretty stupid because it just makes you feel like crap."