Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,139 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leefro View Post
    Club Before Country

Fuck the English National Team

Fuck the FA
    I agree with the latter two! Country > Club in my books tho...

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezter View Post
    Country > Club in my books tho...
    Couldn't agree more...IMHO there is no greater honor than to be asked to compete for your country. I have ZERO respect for any athlete that refuses to do so.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tehlancinator View Post
    Couldn't agree more...IMHO there is no greater honor than to be asked to compete for your country. I have ZERO respect for any athlete that refuses to do so.
    Couldn't agree more with you Lance!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I have no problem about someone not wanting it represent their country as it's a personal decision and theirs alone as I don't judge anyone

I watch my national team wanting them to win but if they lose I'm not that bothered but if West Brom lose (which is happening a touch to often lately)

Then you better not be near me for a few hours
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    excluding a mirror....you can never see your own eye...

whoa

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Leefro For This Useful Post:

JoeyB (02-09-2012)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I have no problem about someone not wanting it represent their country as it's a personal decision and theirs alone as I don't judge anyone

I watch my national team wanting them to win but if they lose I'm not that bothered but if West Brom lose (which is happening a touch to often lately)

Then you better not be near me for a few hours
    Club should come first, I agree on that point. Lots of players retire from international play to focus on their club, and I respect that decision. It's also a nightmare when players come back from international duty crocked.
    Behold my signature~!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post
    Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!
    The horse does not eat cucumber salad.
    I think everyone in my world, the normal world, knows that Mark Levin and Hannity are relevant only to the angriest, most bitter Americans. (Alec Baldwin)

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts
    good old UK papers ,should we get behind pearce as caretaker no we dig the dirt

England in race storm No2
    Stand-in boss Pearce 'abused Paul Ince'

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...storm-No2.html

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And you still wonder why there is so much drama and shitty performance...

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by redred View Post
    good old UK papers ,should we get behind pearce as caretaker no we dig the dirt

England in race storm No2
    Stand-in boss Pearce 'abused Paul Ince'

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...storm-No2.html
    How did they find out ?

Did they hack his phone ?

whoa

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Leefro For This Useful Post:

JoeyB (02-10-2012)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    How did they find out ?

Did they hack his phone ?
    they probably sent a few interns to the archives with an order to dig up anything that might be used to raise a stink, no matter how old.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    West Brom boss Roy Hodgson claims it would be "arrogant" to rule himself in or out of the running for the vacant England manager's post.

Harry Redknapp remains the overwhelming favourite to be appointed as Fabio Capello's successor, but alternative options are being discussed.

Hodgson's vast experience makes him an obvious candidate, with the 64-year-old having been involved in coaching for 30 years.

The vast majority of his management career has been spent at the helm of club sides, but he has also worked with Switzerland, the United Arab Emirates and Finland at international level.

He has been billed as England manager material in the recent past, but Hodgson is reluctant to discuss any possible claims he has to the post while speculation continues to rage.

"I don't think it's right to say whether you are interested or not," he told Sky Sports News HD.

"The FA need to decide who they think are the right people. They need to decide what candidates are out there.

"It seems at the moment that Harry is receiving all of the backing from virtually all the quarters, but it's up to them to decide what they want to do.

"I don't think it's right for people like myself to say 'I'm interested' or 'I'm not interested' because I have no idea what the FA have got in mind or what they want to do."

Pressed on whether he would be interested in the role if it was offered to him, Hodgson added: "It's hypothetical. When and if that day comes, then I will be able to take stock of the situation and make a decision.

"I think it's arrogant to rule yourself in jobs or rule yourself out of jobs when there is no indication that anyone is going to want you in the first place."

Hodgson's contractual situation at West Brom means he could be lured away from The Hawthorns with the minimum of fuss, but he says he is happy to continue testing himself on short-term deals at club level.

"I think it's right to keep one's options open," he said.

"The situation we have here is a very good one and I enjoy my work here. Hopefully people appreciate the work I try to do, that's fine. I am happy to keep my options open but I haven't kept them open for any particular reason. I certainly haven't kept them open in relation to the England job.

"Basically speaking, I shall see what happens between now and the end of the season and hopefully be able to make a decision on my future a little bit later on.

"One would hope anyway that the Football Association will decide, as I have heard them say, that they want what they consider to be the right man for the job. I don't think whether people happen to be in or out of contract will necessarily affect that situation."

whoa