Just wondered if anyone is doing the same as me...saving up to buy another car. I have always wanted a Ford Mustang, and the particular model I like is the 2005-2009 one. The newer ones would be good, too, but I don't think I can afford them, so used I must go.

I'm hoping to get my ideal car -- a 2009 GT with a glass roof. So, I've now just got ourselves out of any debt (except for the house, and even then I'm half way paid off) and I'll try and save from now on to afford it. I'm very anti-debt so I want to buy the thing mostly with cash so this will take a few years.

I know the 2011s and above have greater Horsepower and 2010 and above has the restyle that isn't bad looking, but I think I like the slightly earlier ones better. However the pre 2005 ones do nothing for me...except for the Fox bodied ones...but I can't see myself getting one of those and I'd prefer newer.

I presently have a 1992 Nissan NX 2000 that I've had since new, and put 315,000 kms onto. I tend to keep my cars for a looooong time, so I will probably have this Mustang for 20 years which puts me at 65years of age when the thing will be as old and decrepit as I am!

When I was young (27) and foolish, I saved a little bit and paid for my NX with mostly credit...I think it was a 9% loan and for 15 grand, and the payments were $289 a month. Couldn't do that now! Not with a wife and kids to support.

Anybody know about future values...what my dollar in '92 would be worth today etc.?