Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: North Carolina voters ban gay marriage, civil unions

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,773 Times in 4,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Another straw man argument. If it sucks so bad then why do they want to be part of it?
    How so? This character has the right to be a moral crusader for the sanctity of marriage? It's a bunch of hypocritical bs. He has no more claim to the union of marriage than two men or two women who want to give it a shot - that's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    I think that's a bullshit argument, always have... it's not the same thing.
    Again how so?! Telling a gay couple they can't be married is less offensive than it was to an interracial one? If that's true, I need far more elaboration because IMO it couldn't be more relevant. And if we had a crystal ball, I'd bet good money that future generations will look back in agreement and be embarrassed.
    Last edited by Godfather; 05-11-2012 at 07:26 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (05-11-2012)

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    and here I interpreted that as he was being a nice guy for caving in to his woman saying "marry me marry me marry me marry me marry me marry me marry me marry me"

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    do ya know they actually had to play with WHEN the stats were taken for the month in order to obtain that result? like with everything else, there's a game behind it...

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,107 Times in 59,910 Posts

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Godfather (05-11-2012), minz (05-11-2012), PorkChopSandwiches (05-11-2012)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Godfather (05-11-2012), PorkChopSandwiches (05-11-2012)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    How's about the word it comes from...what do two gay guys have to do with the concept of matrimony? I've always maintained that there's not a damn thing wrong with civil unions. In fact, "more equal" would be all are civil unions unless people are having kids.

This concept of "own the language, own the issue" is fucking preposterous. That's all this is, is an attempt to "own the language and thus shape the debate."

And btw, this thread has an incorrect title - NC voted to ban gay marriage a while ago - this vote was to define it as between a man and a woman - and wow look at that, it passed overwhelmingly. Just like it did in 32 other states including progressive utopia Calfornia, until a judge there decided he could write law.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    How's about the word it comes from...what do two gay guys have to do with the concept of matrimony? I've always maintained that there's not a damn thing wrong with civil unions. In fact, "more equal" would be all are civil unions unless people are having kids.

This concept of "own the language, own the issue" is fucking preposterous. That's all this is, is an attempt to "own the language and thus shape the debate."

And btw, this thread has an incorrect title - NC voted to ban gay marriage a while ago - this vote was to define it as between a man and a woman - and wow look at that, it passed overwhelmingly. Just like it did in 32 other states including progressive utopia Calfornia, until a judge there decided he could write law.
    So please explain to me how 2 gay people getting married affects you personally. Or any other individual person for that matter...how does gay marriage affect their life?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks

He who laughs, lasts. Noilly Pratt's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 705 Posts
    I have gay friends who just got married. They have every right to be happily ever trapped in holy headlock, er I mean happily ever wed in holy wedlock as I do!

Their homosexual union does not affect the sanctity, or validity of my heterosexual union one bit and vice versa.

Signature created way-back-when by Goofy

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tehlancinator View Post
    So please explain to me how 2 gay people getting married affects you personally. Or any other individual person for that matter...how does gay marriage affect their life?
    Muddy will tell you the thought of what 2 GUYS (not women) do in the privacy of the bedroom is so repulsive to him it must be stopped so it doesnt conjure images into his mind.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,164 Times in 800 Posts
    My only question to gay people is why they must use the word marriage when it pisses so many people off. Religious groups think they own the word marriage (which is false) so there will forever be resistance to gay people using that term.

Would a gay black person be offended if I called them nigger? I'm pretty sure they would. So how is me not using the word nigger any different from them not using the word marriage?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Acid Trip For This Useful Post:

FBD (05-11-2012)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tehlancinator View Post
    The relationship itself, no facet of that affects me. The neverending progressive war on language, individual freedoms, etc, why yes, sooner or later the endless creep of "we know best how to tell every single last one of you to live your life" will reach you. Sorry for placing this in a larger context, but this is a small bit of the puzzle.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    careful with the N-bombs AT....Muddy is African American Black Negro Mulatto and he'll get his Irish up if he reads that...

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Trip View Post
    My only question to gay people is why they must use the word marriage when it pisses so many people off. Religious groups think they own the word marriage (which is false) so there will forever be resistance to gay people using that term.

Would a gay black person be offended if I called them nigger? I'm pretty sure they would. So how is me not using the word nigger any different from them not using the word marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    The relationship itself, no facet of that affects me. The neverending progressive war on language, individual freedoms, etc, why yes, sooner or later the endless creep of "we know best how to tell every single last one of you to live your life" will reach you. Sorry for placing this in a larger context, but this is a small bit of the puzzle.
    Why is the "word" so important to you to be protected?

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    My friend (who is a hardcore Christian) said the same thing as some here...he believes that gays should have the right to get married, but call it 'Narriage' or something similar. He was completely serious.