Most of the members here at Teh Basement met on a different forum.It was based out of Britain and folks from all over the world came to visit.At one point it had over 50000 members, which is no small feat for any internet forum.

Unfortunately the forum has been closed and from what I understand the administrator did everything he could to try and save it.

I personally spent 5 years there...it was my first forum and I had no idea how forums worked or what the protocol was for chatting with strangers.I was very intimidated to say the least.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People have left Anothersite for various reasons...their personal lives changed, they grew out of it, or perhaps they had a disagreement with a fellow member (nooo hal, that doesn't happen on the net does it???!!! )

For whatever reasons, that chapter in life is now closed and it's time to turn the page.

Please feel free to reminisce, maybe describe how you met someone at AS or relate an event that sticks in your mind.This isn't a place to rehash bad times or arguments...I thought some of us could make a post or two about the good times.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks dm for Anothersite, it got me through some lonely nights and literally opened up the world to me.In that spirit, I look forward to making Teh Basement my new home and having the same or better experiences here