Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The right to die (euthanasia)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    They're too scared of damaging the patient or giving him loss of facial mobility doing something like that.
    Thats a right serious side effect.

I had a lady write me a snail mail letter who suffered for years. She had all of her teeth removed...pain still came. A doctor used a heated syringe and went in through the outside of her cheek and cauterized part of the nerve. That's considered too barbaric now so they don't perform the operation anymore. She told me it stopped 30 years of pain and it was a complete fluke according to the doctor.
    Sounds like its worth looking up that doctor..

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,164 Times in 800 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tehlancinator View Post
    What if you're smoking a joint in bed and fall asleep with it still lit?
    That's death due to bad decision making.

1) Rolled a joint. Only noobs roll joints
    2) Took an object that was on fire into bed.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyGut View Post
    Thats a right serious side effect.

Sounds like its worth looking up that doctor..

I asked for the operation and wanted to sign a waiver allowing them to do anything...I don't care if I lose mobility, at least I'll be able to sleep again and not fear eating..

Part of my problem is the 10 years of other treatments I had, while they were looking for cause. I have severe TMD now, which means simply my jaw muscles, nerves and ligaments don't know how to behave...with each jaw motion of speaking or chewing (or sleeping) the various components don't know how to work...

small example from yesterday - my 17, 16 teeth (upper right back teeth) felt like they needed a root canal. Nothing but white hot pain and reactions to hot, cold...breathing

my 17 tooth has been root canaled already so it's a bit of a mental game. Your mind says - Holy fuck the tooth is compromised, I need it root canaled or extracted!!!....when actually it's the nerve.

Right now my entire left side is swollen, feels like I have dental freezing right in the joint. Teeth are sensitive and opening my mouth causes some pretty good pain, like if someone was hitting you in the face with a baseball bat. There are drugs I can take....but I need to drive a forklift and a car so I don't.

Neuro muscular dentistry isn't new, but dentists are finding out that occlusion or jaw problems refer a shitload of pain to the teeth, so more dentists are being trained in this area. I have what is known as - Non procreation of the ligaments, so every motion brings pain. I binge eat a lot because 3 squares a day just isn't worth it for me. There are ways to get around it but most involve very strong drugs coupled with not moving at all for hours....and Homey don't roll that way
    Last edited by Hal-9000; 06-20-2012 at 04:56 PM.

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    tha's killing yourself with fire

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tehlancinator View Post
    What if you're smoking a joint in bed and fall asleep with it still lit?
    That's a waste of perfectly good weed

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I asked for the operation and wanted to sign a waiver allowing them to do anything...I don't care if I lose mobility, at least I'll be able to sleep again and not fear eating..

Part of my problem is the 10 years of other treatments I had, while they were looking for cause. I have severe TMD now, which means simply my jaw muscles, nerves and ligaments don't know how to behave...with each jaw motion of speaking or chewing (or sleeping) the various components don't know how to work...

small example from yesterday - my 17, 16 teeth (upper right back teeth) felt like they needed a root canal. Nothing but white hot pain and reactions to hot, cold...breathing

my 17 tooth has been root canaled already so it's a bit of a mental game. Your mind says - Holy fuck the tooth is compromised, I need it root canaled or extracted!!!....when actually it's the nerve.

Right now my entire left side is swollen, feels like I have dental freezing right in the joint. Teeth are sensitive and opening my mouth causes some pretty good pain, like if someone was hitting you in the face with a baseball bat. There are drugs I can take....but I need to drive a forklift and a car so I don't.

Neuro muscular dentistry isn't new, but dentists are finding out that occlusion or jaw problems refer a shitload of pain to the teeth, so more dentists are being trained in this area. I have what is known as - Non procreation of the ligaments, so every motion brings pain. I binge eat a lot because 3 squares a day just isn't worth it for me. There are ways to get around it but most involve very strong drugs coupled with not moving at all for hours....and Homey don't roll that way
    Im sorry you have to go through all that shit, Homer...

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    thanks....I have been in handfuls of car accidents and fights so the professionals always say that I probably had some underlying cause..the dentistry just aggravated it.

It makes me very angry.People are struggling with serious shit like cancer, MS etc and I get to endure something that most folks can't see or really understand...it's embarrassing

Anyways, that's my monthly bitch session, thanks for listening

at least when I go there will be some people who understand why.