Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The right to die (euthanasia)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks

Sad The right to die (euthanasia)

I feel for this guy I really do, as an animal he would be put to sleep as it's the "humane" thing to do, but as a human he is not allowed to die with assistance despite his obvious suffering and lack of any quality to his life, instead he would be forced to starve himself to achieve a somewhat painful and harrowing death. So when did the dog get more rights than the human being?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18495973

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    I believe very strongly in euthanasia. Anyone who's watched a friend or relative die of cancer may agree. There comes a time when the person is not living, just existing... to pacify either the doctor's wishes or the relative's. I've had moderate to high levels of daily pain for 11 years now. If it gets any worse I will stop working, eating and moving. That will be my time to check out...

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I believe very strongly in euthanasia. Anyone who's watched a friend or relative die of cancer may agree. There comes a time when the person is not living, just existing... to pacify either the doctor's wishes or the relative's. I've had moderate to high levels of daily pain for 11 years now. If it gets any worse I will stop working, eating and moving. That will be my time to check out...
    Hal if you saw this guy on TV it's heart breaking, I was almost in tears for him, just watching and seeing the despair.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,110 Times in 59,910 Posts
    I would have thought the right to die would have been legal under the NHS?

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    a friend of mine died in 1988 from AIDS...he went to one of my high schools. I made the mistake of visiting him in the hospital with a small group of friends

I know they have different ways of treating that disease now but it truly was heartbreaking to see someone you know, 60 pounds lighter and on a ventilator.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tehlancinator View Post
    I would have thought the right to die would have been legal under the NHS?
    Sadly not, he needs to be assisted so in British law that constitutes murder, thats what he's trying to challenge, I hope for his sake and that of countless others who are suffering that he makes a difference, but sadly I dont htink anything will change.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I think if you are terminal or you have a zero quality of life due to illness or disease or injury and you wish to end your life, then you should be able to do so.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

minz (06-19-2012)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,164 Times in 800 Posts
    Damn man, that sucks. Do you have the Canadian version of a marijuana card? I know people with chronic cystic fibrosis that get almost 100% relief from certain strains of weed.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I think if you are terminal or you have a zero quality of life due to illness or disease or injury and you wish to end your life, then you should be able to do so.
    I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Trip View Post
    Damn man, that sucks. Do you have the Canadian version of a marijuana card? I know people with chronic cystic fibrosis that get almost 100% relief from certain strains of weed.
    I think it's legal on prescrition in Scotland. I could be wrong though.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by minz View Post
    I totally agree.
    I should clarify that with...as long as your family agrees with your decision. If you have no family, then the decision is yours alone, but if you do have family (wife/husband, kids, parents, etc.) then they should also be involved in the decision. Ending your life is a big step and is not a decision to be made hastily or lightly.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I should clarify that with...as long as your family agrees with your decision. If you have no family, then the decision is yours alone, but if you do have family (wife/husband, kids, parents, etc.) then they should also be involved in the decision. Ending your life is a big step and is not a decision to be made hastily or lightly.
    Agreed, this guys family want to end his suffering, I'm all for things being done legally, even under controlled circumstances but he should at least be given that choice to make for himself.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    You have to pay and get flown out to Holland
    excluding a mirror....you can never see your own eye...

whoa

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leefro View Post
    You have to pay and get flown out to Holland
    He's so disabled he couldnt even make it to London from Wiltshire for the court hearing.

The Prolapse Champion
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Some kind and wealthy soul may offer to pay for his trip to one of the Dignitas clinics; however, I am sure he would prefer to die in his country of origin.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Trip View Post
    This is me AT...I have some other things going on, this is my primary diagnosis. I've never tried to get a medical card, but have attended a clinic that left the door wide open for existing opiates and some experimental stuff. The pills I've taken have been 10 times more powerful (and debilitating) compared to weed, so I smoke pot recreationally after a certain time of day only, so as not to let it become a 24/7 thing.I've found it's very easy to let go, get with the program and live on what amounts to welfare and pills. So I avoid that scenario at all costs.

I'd rather bitch about something most people never understand and hopefully, never experience

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigeminal_neuralgia