Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts

Science Logitech MK320 Wireless Mouse/Keyboard Combo Review and Unboxing

I hate unboxings 10 minute Youtube video of some knob trying to peel sticky plastic off his electronics purchase...no thanks.

I decided to try wireless for the first time.I bought the cheapest, entry level combo mouse and keyboard.Came with a mouse, keyboard and USB receiver that looks like a small flash drive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keyboard - It has flat keys that are tactile, not soft and they offer good feedback.The entire board is slim and sits almost parallel with your desk, even with the legs set up.
    There are a few shortcut keys added which I'm going to try now...

number 1 reduces the current window and brings the desktop up
    number 2 would open a mail client if I had one
    number 3 brings up my home page for the browser
    number 4 opens the Windows Media Player
    and number 5 brings the desktop up again a different way.

There are also volume control buttons and mute conrols on the top right of the keyboard.

They've reorganized the delete/home/end bank of keys to only 5 keys and made the delete key twice as big and switched the orientation.
    Some purists may not like that. (see picture)

Optical Mouse - It's a little smaller than normal, yet still comfortable in my hand.Typical scroll wheel, left and right click scenario.
    It certainly is responsive, moves way faster and is more precise than my old wired optical mouse.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why the MK 320 ghetto combo is a good purchase - Some wireless sets don't have very good distance reception.They look great and are functional but I've read multiple reports
    of the user having to sit less than 2 feet from some of the USB receivers.

The MK 320 signal can supposedly reach 10 meters or over 30 feet, in a crowded room environment.I have mine plugged in the back of my computer, which sits inside a large desk.
    Last night I was reclining on the couch driving the pc, from over 10 feet away

Both the mouse and the keyboard have on/off switches to conserve battery life.The mouse has some sort of early warning indicator to tell you when to change the battery.
    Keyboard has a supposed 15 month battery life and the mouse has 5 months...if I get 3 months of daily use out of a battery, I'll be happy.One nice touch was that both came
    loaded up with batteries and ready to go

This is by no means the best wireless combo out there.I liked it because it's true plug n play...I just inserted the USB receiver, switched on both devices and Windows had them set up, ready to use.
    I paid 49.99.

oh yeah....THE UNBOXING!!!

here's the box...

and here's the slim keyboard and mouse
    note the large delete key setup

Last edited by Hal-9000; 04-03-2011 at 08:22 PM.