Page 5910 of 6437 FirstFirst ... 4910 5410 5810 5860 5900 5908 5909 5910 5911 5912 5920 5960 6010 6410 ... LastLast
Results 88,636 to 88,650 of 96544

Thread: Checking In/Checking Out Version 1.0

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,103 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Pot smokers cause crime and violence?

Usually it's the boozers and tweakers that do that here. And the people that don't smoke pot
    Ever since it's been legalized, violent crime and the homeless population has increased exponentially.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And, there have been two HUGE drug raids by the feds in my neighborhood for illegal grows for black marketing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,923 Times in 6,613 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Ever since it's been legalized, violent crime and the homeless population has increased exponentially.
    Huh thats not what we hear out here.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fricnjay View Post
    Huh thats not what we hear out here.
    You hear what the state of Colorado and pro-pot people want you to hear.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    You hear what the state of Colorado and pro-pot people want you to hear.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Pot smokers cause crime and violence?

Usually it's the boozers and tweakers that do that here. And the people that don't smoke pot
    And hey, don't get me wrong, when the referendum came up, I voted FOR legalization. The state painted the rosy picture of how wonderful it will all be and when it comes to things like this, I prefer to take a more libertarian stance and let people do what they want so long as it doesn't affect anyone else. But everything the state said was a lie, even though they are taking in BILLIONS on marijuana tax since legalization. Illegal grows have gone up, not down (when you see that the DEA and the SWAT team were on not their first but second drug raid 2 miles from your house in less than 6 months, it kinda makes you worried). Violent crime is up. Homeless population is WAY up, there's beggars and panhandlers on every street corned and there never used to be any in the suburbs. Now you can't even go to the grocery store without them coming up to you in the parking lot. And of course like I said earlier, NONE of the money has been spent where the state said it was going.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Sounds like the Texas lottery. Most of that money is supposed to end up in schools but it never does.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Stats don't lie, and on the other hand violent crime and homelessness can be affected by a lot of different incidents.

You know my personal stance. Weed makes people the opposite of violent and the daily users are not usually inclined towards crime.

Homeless people are usually results of the economy and job market, rather than any one thing like legal booze and pot sales.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And hey, don't get me wrong, when the referendum came up, I voted FOR legalization. The state painted the rosy picture of how wonderful it will all be and when it comes to things like this, I prefer to take a more libertarian stance and let people do what they want so long as it doesn't affect anyone else. But everything the state said was a lie, even though they are taking in BILLIONS on marijuana tax since legalization. Illegal grows have gone up, not down (when you see that the DEA and the SWAT team were on not their first but second drug raid 2 miles from your house in less than 6 months, it kinda makes you worried). Violent crime is up. Homeless population is WAY up, there's beggars and panhandlers on every street corned and there never used to be any in the suburbs. Now you can't even go to the grocery store without them coming up to you in the parking lot. And of course like I said earlier, NONE of the money has been spent where the state said it was going.
    I think we legalized it the wrong way up here. I support the action because of the job growth and God knows we need it in our province. Within four months our province did millions in sales.

When I say they legalized the wrong way, I mean they just opened the candy store to the kids and said - Have at it. Up to 30 grams and buy what you like. It's like opening a large water hose because we're just not used to existing with pot in our world. Where can you smoke it? What about driving on it? Can I get high at work?

I've always said you smoke or drink something to make you feel different or fuck you up. You don't do it to feel the same. So we just allowed a bunch of young people without experience to start using it and then driving, when we don't even have a decent roadside test to determine if a driver is too baked to handle a vehicle.

They should of (up here anyways) made it a more gradual process.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (03-12-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I think we legalized it the wrong way up here. I support the action because of the job growth and God knows we need it in our province. Within four months our province did millions in sales.

When I say they legalized the wrong way, I mean they just opened the candy store to the kids and said - Have at it. Up to 30 grams and buy what you like. It's like opening a large water hose because we're just not used to existing with pot in our world. Where can you smoke it? What about driving on it? Can I get high at work?

I've always said you smoke or drink something to make you feel different or fuck you up. You don't do it to feel the same. So we just allowed a bunch of young people without experience start using it and then driving, when we don't even have a decent roadside test to determine if a driver is too baked to handle a vehicle.

They should of (up here anyways) made it a more gradual process.
    That's the same way they did it here. They scrambled to get some kinds of regulatory laws in place and then they just opened up the pot shops. There were not a ton of them at first because the licensing process was new, but they are literally everywhere now in the metro area. Off the top of my head, I can think of 7 of them within 5 miles of my home, and there may actually be more than that. But it was the same way down here, they just let the stores all open up and there were lines out the doors. And the same issue when it comes to impaired driving exists here, there's no easy and reliable test to give someone like you would a breathalyzer for a drunk to see if they are over the limit.

While the whole time the state takes in the tax money pretending everything is okay. Total marijuana sales in the state are more than $6 billion since it was legalized in 2014. More than $3 billion of that coming in the last 2 years. Sales keep climbing every single year. And there's already been one pot franchise that was busted and shut down because they were circumventing the daily limit allowed to be purchased. It was opening Pandora's Box without being prepared on so many fronts.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (03-12-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Good to know, there is a LOT of talk legalizing it here in Texas. Might look at little closer to the regulations before casting my vote.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Good to know, there is a LOT of talk legalizing it here in Texas. Might look at little closer to the regulations before casting my vote.
    There's no foolproof way to be prepared for every situation, but like here in Colorado and in Canada like Hal describes, there were lots of failures at different levels. All the government will want you to focus on is all the revenue coming into the state and how it will help so many things. But as I said, none of that has happened here. What this state does with all the tax money is beyond me, but it's certainly not going towards what they said it was going to be used for. Plus, they didn't have enough or correct regulations or enforcement procedures in place when sales started.

And I tell you what, the first person that can invent a breathalyzer that can be used for pot impairment will be an instant billionaire.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    There's no foolproof way to be prepared for every situation, but like here in Colorado and in Canada like Hal describes, there were lots of failures at different levels. All the government will want you to focus on is all the revenue coming into the state and how it will help so many things. But as I said, none of that has happened here. What this state does with all the tax money is beyond me, but it's certainly not going towards what they said it was going to be used for. Plus, they didn't have enough or correct regulations or enforcement procedures in place when sales started.

And I tell you what, the first person that can invent a breathalyzer that can be used for pot impairment will be an instant billionaire.
    billionaire you say...

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    billionaire you say...
    Easily.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    hal's roadside weed test.

Police hold bag of Doritos in one hand, bag of chocolate chip cookies in the other hand. Choices offered are:

Chips, cookies or on your way? If they say anything other than on your way they been smokin the devil's cabbage