Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: PGA/LPGA/Senior/Euro Tour

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Played with a random guy the other day who said he likes to watch highlights of pros fucking up before his round to help him mentally, and wanted to try it myself. This is good stuff.
    I might try a mental golf app this summer. Eyeing Imagine Golf...
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Godfather (03-07-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    I might try a mental golf app this summer. Eyeing Imagine Golf...
    Will definitely check that out.

Do you have some friends you golf with? We've been using this app The Grint the last year or so. It's great while you're playing for keeping scores and the range finder using GPS on your phone is within a yard or two of my buddies with expensive range-finders. It's also social, so you can get notifications when your friends are playing rounds and see their scores. Pretty cool app with a ton of features.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-07-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Will definitely check that out.

Do you have some friends you golf with? We've been using this app The Grint the last year or so. It's great while you're playing for keeping scores and the range finder using GPS on your phone is within a yard or two of my buddies with expensive range-finders. It's also social, so you can get notifications when your friends are playing rounds and see their scores. Pretty cool app with a ton of features.
    Nice. Thanks. I had to come back to read your whole post... All I read was "do you have some friends" and I curled up crying.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Godfather (03-07-2022), Teh One Who Knocks (03-07-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    My bad, I think I said that because honestly living in Vancouver where it's so expensive to live, let alone golf, I dont have many friends to golf with. I play mostly with my brother, my dad and 2-3 buddies. Sadly golf just isn't that popular with people my age, too pricey I think.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-07-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    My bad, I think I said that because honestly living in Vancouver where it's so expensive to live, let alone golf, I dont have many friends to golf with. I play mostly with my brother, my dad and 2-3 buddies. Sadly golf just isn't that popular with people my age, too pricey I think.
    Yes, too pricey, but a unnecessarily plush $3000 a month apartment and $100 craft beer bar tabs are totally fine.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

News World No. 2 Golfer Nelly Korda, 23, Out After Being Diagnosed With Blood Clot

By Amanda Prestigiacomo - The Daily Wire

LPGA star golfer Nelly Korda, 23, is out indefinitely after being diagnosed with a blood clot, the athlete shared via social media.

Korda is currently ranked No. 2 in the world and took home the gold during the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. “Korda had a banner year in 2021,” Just Women’s Sports noted. “She won four times last season, capturing her first major at the KPMG Women’s PGA Championship.”

“On Friday, I was in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL for a photoshoot and a commercial appearance,” Korda posted to her Instagram and Twitter accounts. “After a typical morning workout, my arm started to feel like it was swelling. At the advice of my doctor, I went to the emergency room as a precaution. I was diagnosed with a blood clot.”

“I am currently at home getting treatment to eliminate further risks,” the 23-year-old continued. “I will communicate my status as and when there is more information. In the meantime, I want to thank everyone for their support and ask for privacy for all our family during this time. I hope to be back soon! Thank you.”

Korda has been battling for the No. 1 spot in the women’s golf game with Ko Jin-young. The pair are set to meet at a tournament in two weeks, but it remains unclear if Korda will be able to compete, CNN reported:

The 23-year-old American has been fighting for the world No. 1 spot with Ko Jin-young, and they are scheduled to meet for the first time this season at the Chevron Championship — formerly the ANA Inspiration — in Rancho Mirage, California. That tournament begins in two weeks, on March 31.

Korda gave no indication regarding her scheduled return. The setback continues her difficult start to the season following a 20th place finish at the Gainbridge LPGA at Boca Rico tournament and the loss of her world No. 1 ranking which she had held for 29 consecutive weeks.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

PGA Tour suspends 17 golfers playing in LIV Golf league, including Phil Mickelson, Dustin Johnson

By Kyle Porter - CBS Sports

Less than an hour after LIV Golf officially teed off its first Invitational Series event on Thursday, the PGA Tour responded by handing down suspensions to players who previously competed in its league. PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan officially announced that players participating in this or any future LIV Golf events will no longer be allowed to play on the PGA Tour.

Monahan was unclear, perhaps purposefully so, about the length of the suspensions in a statement released by the PGA Tour:

We have followed the tournament regulations from start to finish in responding to those players who have decided to turn their backs on the PGA Tour by willfully violating a regulation.

Simultaneous to you receiving this memo, the players are being notified that they are suspended or otherwise no longer eligible to participate in PGA Tour tournament play, including the Presidents Cup. This applies to all tours sanctioned by the PGA Tour ... As you know, players listed below did not receive the necessary conflicting event and media rights releases -- or did not apply for releases at all -- and their participation in the Saudi Golf League/LIV Golf events is in violation of our tournament regulations. The same fate holds true for any other players who participate in future Saudi Golf League events in violation of our regulations.

Of the 17 golfers named in the letter, 10 had previously resigned their memberships. The other seven, including Phil Mickelson, were active members as of Thursday morning. Regardless of membership status, players choosing to play for LIV Golf will effectively be treated the same by the PGA Tour.

"Players who resigned will be removed from the FedEx Cup points list and are not permitted to play in PGA Tour events as non-members or via sponsor exemptions," according to the Tour.

At the conclusion of his letter, Monahan pivoted to what makes the PGA Tour special and encouraged players to press in on both the history and the meritocracy of the PGA Tour.

"I am certain our fans and partners -- who are surely tired of all this talk of money, money and more money -- will continue to be entertained and compelled by the world-class competition you display each and every week, where there are true consequences for every shot you take and your rightful place in history whenever you reach that elusive winner's circle," he said.

LIV Golf responded quickly with a statement of its own.

"Today's announcement by the PGA Tour is vindictive and it deepens the divide between the Tour and its members," said LIV Golf in a statement provided as a response to the suspensions. "It's troubling that the Tour, an organization dedicated to creating opportunities for golfers to play the game, is the entity blocking golfers from playing. This certainly is not the last word on this topic. The era of free agency is beginning as we are proud to have a full field of players joining us in London, and beyond."

Basement Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,337 Times in 9,470 Posts
    Too fucking right, not that they will be bothered, most have earned more joining the tour than Tiger did in PGA Tour winnings!

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I dono what to think just yet... on one hand, get your bag. Less golf for more money, and guaranteed no less? That's huge for the fringe players on the tour who spend thousands traveling to events and might miss cuts and make squat... but I'm pessimistic this will work out. It's fascinating though, I don't remember a time when a major sport had a disruptor come in quite like this?

Basement Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,337 Times in 9,470 Posts
    In football they wanted a break away Best of the Best league, most League Associations pretty much said if you join you wont play in this league again!

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Bubba joined LIV now too. Not a huge loss for the PGA in terms of his quality of play, but that's another very recognizable personality gone.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (08-01-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    How much longer is the PGA going to let this go on before they make some changes?

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    until the master's decides what they are going to do with LIV players. if they are banned from the masters, the pga lives. if not, the pga is in serious trouble

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    until the master's decides what they are going to do with LIV players. if they are banned from the masters, the pga lives. if not, the pga is in serious trouble
    I haven't seen, have the other 3 majors decided to allow LIV tour players? I know the LIV tour has petitioned for recognition.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    nope, everyone (from what i understand) is waiting on the master's to make the call and the others will likely fall in line with what they decide