Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: PGA/LPGA/Senior/Euro Tour

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Apparently Lee picked up her ball before it had been conceded, Pettersen claimed the hole, was only about a foot away.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I find this strange, all the commentators are absolutely slating Karin Koch and Suzanne Pettersen simply because they played to the rules I feel sorry for the girl Lee, but the fact is you do not pick up your ball until the putt has been verbally conceded. You can't pick and chose what rules you wish to adhere to........ although it would have been a strong/nice touch from Koch to concede the 18th and make the match a draw, missed a trick there.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Useless Euro hoors

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    I find this strange, all the commentators are absolutely slating Karin Koch and Suzanne Pettersen simply because they played to the rules I feel sorry for the girl Lee, but the fact is you do not pick up your ball until the putt has been verbally conceded. You can't pick and chose what rules you wish to adhere to........ although it would have been a strong/nice touch from Koch to concede the 18th and make the match a draw, missed a trick there.
    And you don't start walking away to the next hole if you haven't conceded the putt. Pettersen was a fucking cunt over the whole situation. But you know what, it didn't matter in the end because....

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    Useless Euro hoors

Biggest comeback in Solheim Cup history

All the Euros needed on the last set of matched was 4 points to retain the Cup and instead it was total domination by the Yanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    And you don't start walking away to the next hole if you haven't conceded the putt. Pettersen was a fucking cunt over the whole situation.
    Hull started walking away but Pettersen didn't I'm not condoning it, i think she was stupid to claim the hole but Lee was also stupid in picking up her ball before getting verbal confirmation

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    tbh i think that incident ultimately cost Europe the Cup, it gave the US team a massive incentive!

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Suzann Pettersen pens heartfelt apology after Solheim Cup controversy

Luke Kerr-Dineen - USA Today

The U.S. may have won the Solheim Cup late Sunday, but the story that would dominate the competition had already happened.

On the 17th hole on Sunday morning, while finishing a team match from the day before, U.S. player Alison Lee left her putt to win the hole about 18 inches away from the cup. That short tap-in was to tie the hole and keep the match all-square going into the 18th hole.

Usually in situations like that — when making an easy putt like that is a formality — opposition players will ‘give’ their opponents the putt so they don’t have to physically go through the motions of knocking it into the hole. That’s what Lee thought had happened, so she picked up her ball and walked to the next hole.

The problem? Lee’s opponent, Suzann Petterson, hadn’t awarded Lee the putt, which meant that in picking up her ball, Lee accidentally conceded the hole to the Europeans. Europe ended up winning the match 2 up, Lee broke down in tears and Pettersen caught some serious heat for holding Lee to the letter of the law.

To be clear, Pettersen didn’t break any rules and it was Lee’s mistake to assume the putt had been given, but in holding Lee so stringently to the rules, Pettersen acted not against the law but in opposition to the “spirit of the game.” For that, Pettersen apologized profusely on her Instagram account:

I’ve never felt more gutted and truly sad about what went down Sunday on the 17th at the Solheim Cup.

I am so sorry for not thinking about the bigger picture in the heat of the battle and competition. I was trying my hardest for my team and put the single match and the point that could be earned ahead of sportsmanship and the game of golf itself! I feel like I let my team down and I am sorry.

To the U.S. team, you guys have a great leader in Juli , who I’ve always looked up to and respect so much. Knowing I need to make things “right,” I had a face to face chat with her before leaving Germany this morning to tell her in person how I really feel about all of this. I wanted her also to know that I am sorry.

I hope in time the U.S. team will forgive me and know that I have learned a valuable lesson about what is truly important in this great game of golf which has given me so much in my life.

To the fans of golf who watched the competition on TV, I am sorry for the way I carried myself. I can be so much better and being an ambassador for this great game means a lot to me.

The Solheim Cup has been a huge part of my career. I wish I could change Sunday for many reasons. Unfortunately I can’t.

This week I want to push forward toward another opportunity to earn the Solheim Cup back for Europe in the right way. And I want to work hard to earn back your belief in me as someone who plays hard, plays fair and plays the great game of golf the right way.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Goofy (09-21-2015)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Sad Tiger Woods: Fallen golf great has 'nothing to look forward to'

By Matias Grez, CNN

(CNN)Is that it for Tiger Woods?

The 14-time major champion has sunk to world No. 400 after a litany of injuries and poor form saw him tumble down the rankings.

And the 39-year-old was in a particularly bleak mood Tuesday as he revealed his physical condition is so bad after another back operation that he can't even bend down to pick up a ball.

Woods underwent his third microdiscectomy surgery last month -- a procedure to remove bone around a pinched nerve to allow space for it to heal -- and admitted he has no idea when he will be back on the course.

"I have no answer for that. Neither does my surgeon or my physio," Woods said in a press conference at Albany Golf Club in the Bahamas, where this week he will host the Hero World Challenge tournament that raises funds for his charity.

"I also had to reset the clock each and every day and 'OK, here we go, this is a new day and this is taken for what it is.'

"I listen to my surgeon, I listen to my physios, and we just take it day by day. Hopefully the day by day adds up to something positive here soon."

Woods won his last major title at the U.S. Open in 2008 but hasn't had a significant victory since lifting the Bridgestone Invitational in 2013.

He has previously suffered a serious knee ligament injury, but his back problem is proving particularly difficult psychologically.

"There is no timetable for this and that's been the hardest mindset adjustment is that I don't know," he lamented. "Where is the light at the end of the tunnel? I don't know, so that's been hard.

"There is nothing I can look forward to, nothing I can build towards."

Woods, who spent a record 683 weeks ranked as world No. 1, revealed that a lot of his time is now spent playing video games and soccer with his kids, although his movement is severely restricted.

"I walk. And I walk ... I'm just walking, and that's it," he said glumly.

"I would like to be able to get to that first (bending over to pick up ball). If I can get to that, then we can start talking about golf."

Woods is also facing up to the fact he may never win a major, or any title, again in his career.

"I think pretty much everything beyond this will be gravy," said Woods, who has racked up 79 PGA Tour triumphs in total and over $110 million in tournament prize money.

"I've passed Jack (Nicklaus) in the all-time win list, just shy of Sam (Snead). I passed Sam basically a decade ago in major championships but I'm still shy of Jack's (record of 18).

"So I've had a pretty good career for my 20s and 30s. For my 20 years out here I think I've achieved a lot, and if that's all it entails, then I've had a pretty good run.

"But I'm hoping that's not it. I'm hoping that I can get back out here and compete against these guys. I really do miss it."

And Woods isn't the only one. Four-time major winner Rory McIlroy sent a message of support to the stricken golfer on social media.

"Wishing my idol and friend a speedy recovery," the Northern Irishman posted on Instagram. "Golf without him doesn't bear thinking about. Hope to see you back on the course soon."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Fodster (12-12-2015)

Basement Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,339 Times in 9,470 Posts
    Golf prank gone wrong

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Rory McIlroy not going to the Olympics because of concern over the Zika virus

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Lance you see that BS with Dustin Johnson at the Open? Holy that was garbage, messing with his head like that. Really glad to see top players like Rory, Fowler and Spieth speaking out.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Fodster (06-23-2016)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Jim Furyk shot a 58 yesterday!

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)