Thread: NHL 2011 Playoff Predictions Thread

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    We'll give you Cory Schneider, Keither Ballard and Christian Erhoff for Timmy
    Dude, it sucks so bad that you guys signed Luongo to such a long deal (still 11 more years ) because there is no way Cory will play back-up that whole time. He is definitely gonna be a good one and he's not a headcase like Luongo.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thelancinator View Post

I have been quiet almost the entire playoffs, not dogging anyone or any team, just enjoying an epic run through the playoffs for my Bruins and I couldn't be happier for the players, the organization, and the fans that have waited 39 years for the B's to bring the Cup back to The Old Town.

But one thing bothered me in the finals and I have to just get it off my chest. Anyone who has watched Timmy Thomas play and seen any interviews with the guy knows that he is a very quiet and thoughtful person and never has anything bad to say about anyone. He had a record setting performance in the regular season and he was the main reason the B's won the Cup this year. I respect every single player on the Canucks except one....Luongo. His whole whiny crap about saying he was 'pumping his tires' (referring to Thomas) all during the series and the comment he made about how he would have made that save in game 5 that Thomas let in, that was all classless (whether or not you believe his comment was overblown, as he tried to walk it back a bit after the media jumped on it). Thomas never said anything bad about Luongo at any point during the playoffs, even when he easily could have. And it takes a lot of nerve for Luongo to come out and say how he would have made that save in game 5 when he just came from Boston where he let in TWELVE goals in 2 games. I didn't realize that part of the rules was to heap praise on your opponent during a championship series. And if that's what Luongo needs to show up for the biggest 2 games in his NHL career, then he isn't nearly the hockey player he thinks he is and I hope he enjoys watching Timmy grab the Vezina as well when the awards are handed out. It will be the first time since the mid 70's that a goaltender will have won all three (the Cup, the Vezina, and the Conn Smythe) in the same season.

I believe in karma and unfortunately I think that's what Luongo got a big dose of in games 6 and 7.

Congrats to the rest of the Canucks, the organization and all their fans as you guys had an awesome season. It was a great Stanley Cup finals and one I will remember for a long time.

I was rooting for VAN to win the series but it's cool to see a MI native win all the hardware

I am fixed

"Somedays I wake up and feel like nobody loves me. Other days I wake up and feel like I love nobody. Sometimes I wake up and feel tired, and worn out. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I cannot face the day. But someday I'll wake up and realize that waking up is pretty stupid because it just makes you feel like crap."

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    I'm happy for Lucic.

They asked his grandfather if he was cheering for Vancouver or Boston... he said (and I paraphrase)

"Sure I'd love to see the cup come home. But I'd rather see it come to my home... with my name on it"

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    I'm happy for Lucic.

They asked his grandfather if he was cheering for Vancouver or Boston... he said (and I paraphrase)

"Sure I'd love to see the cup come home. But I'd rather see it come to my home... with my name on it"
    That's awesome