Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: "Better Off On Benefits"

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,164 Times in 800 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchop View Post
    The woman in this news article who saved her welfare money to buy iPads has done so legally too. The law is great, isn't it?
    I said she was a lazy cunt and that's spot on. You went off on the increasingly predictable tangent about multinational companies not paying enough taxes.

The Prolapse Champion
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Trip View Post
    I said she was a lazy cunt and that's spot on. You went off on the increasingly predictable tangent about multinational companies not paying enough taxes.
    I just wanted to establish that you guys are critical of her and not the companies doing the same thing on a much larger scale.

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    I understand the correlation, lamby - but these loopholes are to attract businesses to an already high tax climate. incentive to do business and pay taxes here.

the welfare, not so much. its incentivizing laziness, which is what the whole point of the article was about

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    If I had to go to my office Mon - Fri, it would cost me about $4,500 a year in fuel alone, figuring average economy of 20mpg, at average fuel cost of $3.00/gal.
    my car does between 55-60mpg on the trip to work and my other car which I used as a daily driver ~6 years ago did 20mpg if I was lucky and back then, that used to cost me over $5000 to drive back and forth to work
    Quote Originally Posted by tehlancinator View Post
    That's not am insane amount, I bet it's pretty close to average...I just did the math and I spend roughly $2600 on fuel just going back and forth to work...
    the thing is, my car gets at least double your mpg and my daily commute is probably half yours
    Quote Originally Posted by tehlancinator View Post
    There's no way he could mean per month, could he?
    if tfuel was as expensive 6 years ago as it is now, and I still worked where I did back then it would cost me about $600 per month in fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyGut View Post
    He probably drives a VW diesel that gets 85 mpg and is the size of a dog house.. So it cant be monthly.. I was out of my mind yesterday..
    HAHA! I do!! Well, not strictly true, but I do drive a diesel VAG car