Thread: John Mayer gushes over Katy Perry: ‘I’m quite happy’

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts

John Mayer gushes over Katy Perry: ‘I’m quite happy’

Could Katy Perry be the one? It seems that singer John Mayer and Perry are still going strong.

“I’m quite happy,” Mayer told RollingStone.com when asked about his relationship with Perry. “I’m happy in all aspects of my life. I’m very happy in all aspects of my life.”

Perry and Mayer recently enjoyed the Inauguration Day festivities together in the nation’s capital. Several days before President Barack Obama took the oath of office in front of nearly a million people on the National Mall, Perry performed at the Kids’ Inaugural Concert in a red, white and blue costume. First lady Michelle Obama and daughters Malia and Sasha were in attendance.

Both Perry and Mayer have gone through some personal struggles in the last year or two. Perry’s ex-husband, comedian Russell Brand, filed for divorce from the singer at the end of 2011. Although in a statement to PEOPLE Brand said that the two “remain friends,” the split came just one year after they were married in India.

Mayer, on the other hand, recently announced that he is on an “indefinite break from live performing,” according to the singer’s Tumblr.

“During rehearsal on Tuesday, it came to mind that I should see my throat doctor because something didn’t feel/sound right,” he wrote in March of last year. “I went in for a visit on Wednesday and a scope of my vocal cords revealed that the granuloma has grown back where it had mostly healed.

Despite his health troubles, Perry seems to have changed Mayer in a lot of ways, including his feelings about the media.

“I also think that the way that the media plays a part in everyone’s life has changed over the last several years,” Mayer said in his interview. “I think people are a lot less concerned with what’s going on with the lives of celebrities, and celebrities are a little less concerned with what’s going on with the lives of other people thinking about them all day.”

Sorry, John. This sounds like a fantasy. Maybe we should ask Justin Bieber or Lindsey Lohan if people are “less concerned” with the lives of celebrities. Regardless, Mayer said he’s no longer concerned about the paparazzi taking photos of him.

“I mean, I used to be incredibly put off by somebody taking a picture, thinking as if in some way it was it was invading my brain,” Mayer said. “But all it is is you can see where I was last weekend. That’s all…And I think time has shown that nothing will be stolen from you. It’s just a photograph of you and your dumb scarf that you put on because it wouldn’t fit in your suitcase. Cool.”

While taking an indefinite break for live performing, Mayer has learned a lot about himself.

“I just became more settled in as a person,” he said. “I would rather not be settled in as a person instead of playing music all the time, to be honest with you. But that wasn’t an option. I wasn’t going to be able to just visualize myself as a musician. You know, when you visualize yourself as a musician, you can make a lot of apologies for the little weird, interpersonal things you have with people. And when you don’t have that, you go, ‘OK, let’s focus in on the fact that the people I see today, I’m going to see tomorrow.’”

Are Katy Perry and John Mayer the real deal? Mayer has also been part of a number of other high-profile relationships. How long will this one last?
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    is her body a wonderland too?

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    tits or gtfo

I might be losing it... Softdreamer's Avatar
    behind the 2 way mirror in your bathroom.
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I read this as John Major (ex British PM)

Puked in my mouth a little..

come back to my place, I'll show you how to drink tequila.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,773 Times in 4,012 Posts
    John picks dumb girls eh. He must like the ego stroke. I was so turned off Katy Perry when I saw a couple minutes from the documentary on her the other day. God she speaks like a valley girl. I mean, 30 words per minute... speaking. The girl is not attractive except in her music videos (when they're on mute)

It's all Zoe Deschanel from here on in for me...