Page 117 of 126 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1876

Thread: Political Cartoons & Memes

  1. #1741
    Shelter Dweller
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,418
    vCash
    3000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    1,704
    Thanked 516 Times in 351 Posts
    The abortion one is something I really don't understand.
    Guys here on the forum, do you have personal views on abortion?
    Are you antiabortion, and for what reasons?

    The immigrant and gun stuff I can totally understand, the other, not so much.

  2. #1742
    Here comes the.... KevinD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    8,851
    vCash
    200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    12,059
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 915 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Republican politicians must really kiss the ass of their gold deities every night that they have been blessed with the issues of abortion, gun/gov control and immigration to get their various constituent demographics riled up about and voting....Issues that I suspect most wouldn't and couldn't give 2 flying fucks about
    I suspect you are wrong. Most of us in fact give a fuck about those items. Specifically, we are the reason the US hasn't gone socialist like the EU and your country.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

    DemonGeminiX (08-22-2019)

  4. #1743
    Here comes the.... KevinD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    8,851
    vCash
    200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    12,059
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 915 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Kisugi View Post
    The abortion one is something I really don't understand.
    Guys here on the forum, do you have personal views on abortion?
    Are you antiabortion, and for what reasons?

    The immigrant and gun stuff I can totally understand, the other, not so much.
    Personally, I'm against abortion as a form of birth control. I can see legit reasons for having one ( health issues with mother or fetus) rape, etc.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

    DemonGeminiX (08-22-2019), Griffin (08-22-2019), lost in melb. (08-22-2019)

  6. #1744
    Post-op activist lost in melb.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,693
    vCash
    3250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    4,901
    Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,550 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    I suspect you are wrong. Most of us in fact give a fuck about those items. Specifically, we are the reason the US hasn't gone socialist like the EU and your country.
    I meant politicians and their mock indignation, not every day people.

    I wonder if they really lie awake at night thinking about these issues, or whether they push buttons to get votes and kickbacks and who knows what other silver linings
    Last edited by lost in melb.; 08-22-2019 at 02:38 PM.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

    KevinD (08-24-2019)

  8. #1745
    Preferred Pronouns: He/Him Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    5280' Above Sea Level
    Posts
    207,572
    vCash
    6561
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks
    14,725
    Thanked 61,233 Times in 35,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Kisugi View Post
    The abortion one is something I really don't understand.
    Guys here on the forum, do you have personal views on abortion?
    Are you antiabortion, and for what reasons?

    The immigrant and gun stuff I can totally understand, the other, not so much.
    Out of those issues, abortion is the one I care the least about either way. The only reason I do care at all is because of the militant feminist movement about where they are claiming that they can do whatever they want with their body and no one at all has any say about it, even the potential father. I would be more in favor of a man's bill of rights that would parallel the Roe v Wade law in this country. It's not right that a man should have no say in it. Especially if it the scenario where the man decides he doesn't want the baby but the woman decides that she wants to keep it and there's nothing he can do about it. I look at it this way, if the father wants the baby but the woman gets an abortion anyway, without regard to what the man wants, then if it's reversed and the man doesn't want the baby but the woman keeps it anyway, then the man should NOT have to pay child support. On abortion, women want it both ways and that's not right.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

    Hikari Kisugi (08-22-2019), KevinD (08-24-2019)

  10. #1746
    Shelter Dweller
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,418
    vCash
    3000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    1,704
    Thanked 516 Times in 351 Posts
    Aye so actual abortion itself isn't particular the issue for many people.
    That I can understand.
    Folks here get militant on the matter too.
    Personally my view is that if a child is unwanted, why bother populating the world with it.

    I'm very much pro-voterID, I think it is insane you can vote anywhere on the planet without having ID.
    I'm in favour of guns being allowed, but additionally think there should be serious screening and certification of the process, including med checking.
    As for immigration, I think countries as a whole have to sit up and decide if they want to suspend the asylum system worldwide for a period of years.
    Asylum and illegal immigration i see as 2 completely separate things, the latter I've absolutely no time for.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hikari Kisugi For This Useful Post:

    Teh One Who Knocks (08-22-2019)

  12. #1747
    Dorian sucks donkey balls DemonGeminiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bum Fuck Egypt, East Jabip
    Posts
    52,592
    vCash
    9500
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    29,240
    Thanked 10,634 Times in 7,698 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    I meant politicians and their mock indignation, not every day people.

    I wonder if they really lie awake at night thinking about these issues, or whether they push buttons to get votes and kickbacks and who knows what other silver linings
    Most think about it insofar as their voters think about it. There are some that are die-hard constitutionalists, and others that are drinking the far leftist kool aid, but the majority of them are just doing what they know the people that voted them in office want them to do, and that's why it's so important for the voters in their state and district to reach out to them and talk to them... like I do, constantly. My 2 US Senators and Representative know exactly who I am and what I expect from them. My state legislator knows who I am, what I'm about, and what I expect from them too.


    Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

    Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

    KevinD (08-24-2019), lost in melb. (08-22-2019)

  14. #1748
    Kwon Atlas Muddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    On the Waters of Life
    Posts
    40,257
    vCash
    14500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    19,455
    Thanked 8,631 Times in 5,817 Posts
    I hate to see fetuses aborted. It is killing a potential life. Personally I wish people would take more responsibility and not get knocked up in the first place. With the population problem we have on the Earth though, I do respect peoples right to terminate. I hate it, but the herd needs to be manged more.
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    You want us to reject the policies because of the man, but we tolerate the man because of the policies.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

    fricnjay (08-22-2019), Pony (08-22-2019)

  16. #1749
    Dorian sucks donkey balls DemonGeminiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bum Fuck Egypt, East Jabip
    Posts
    52,592
    vCash
    9500
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    29,240
    Thanked 10,634 Times in 7,698 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Kisugi View Post
    Aye so actual abortion itself isn't particular the issue for many people.
    That I can understand.
    Folks here get militant on the matter too.
    Personally my view is that if a child is unwanted, why bother populating the world with it.

    I'm very much pro-voterID, I think it is insane you can vote anywhere on the planet without having ID.
    I'm in favour of guns being allowed, but additionally think there should be serious screening and certification of the process, including med checking.
    As for immigration, I think countries as a whole have to sit up and decide if they want to suspend the asylum system worldwide for a period of years.
    Asylum and illegal immigration i see as 2 completely separate things, the latter I've absolutely no time for.
    I'm dead set against abortion unless absolutely necessary. If a child is unwanted, it can be adopted. There are tons of couples that for one reason or another would prefer to adopt children. I believe we have a forum member here that has done so. In fact, I know we do. To me, abortion 'just because' is selfish, and in some cases downright evil.

    I'm totally for voter ID. You're right, doing otherwise is insane.

    Outside of background checks during purchasing, all forms of government should be hands off with weapons. US citizens should be able to purchase and own everything a police officer or military soldier is permitted to use. If you're an avid student of US and world history, then you should understand why.

    Immigration - enforce the laws. A civil society cannot exist without laws and a sovereign country cannot exist without borders. Suspend constitutional citizenship for the children illegals have in the US, that birthplace amendment was intended to prevent disenfranchising freed slaves and their children to begin with. It doesn't apply anymore.

    I like what Trump's doing with Asylum seekers currently.


    Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

    Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

    fricnjay (08-22-2019), KevinD (08-24-2019)

  18. #1750
    Post-op activist lost in melb.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,693
    vCash
    3250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    4,901
    Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,550 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    US citizens should be able to purchase and own everything a police officer or military soldier is permitted to use.





  19. #1751
    Ask about Muddys butthole PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    64,184
    vCash
    3832
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    31,727
    Thanked 21,748 Times in 12,189 Posts






  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

    fricnjay (08-22-2019), KevinD (08-24-2019)

  21. #1752
    Dorian sucks donkey balls DemonGeminiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bum Fuck Egypt, East Jabip
    Posts
    52,592
    vCash
    9500
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    29,240
    Thanked 10,634 Times in 7,698 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post




    You think I'm off my rocker, but consider this: several things that history teachers never teach but are absolutely true: The founding fathers of this country didn't trust a large and powerful central government. Nor did they trust a constantly standing military. History teaches us that constantly standing militaries under their own power or under the power of a powerful central government can take the freedoms away from the citizens of their nation when the citizens are disarmed. The founding fathers wanted us to retain our spirit of rebellion and be able to meet fire with fire if we found ourselves in that situation. The tree of liberty is refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

    Recent history is also littered with examples where such a travesty has happened: Germany in the 30s. Adolf Hitler convinced the people to give up their guns before taking full control as Der Fuhrer. Millions upon millions died because of it. The Venezuelan socialist government convinced their people, by force, to give up their weapons, and now Maduro's regime kills Venezuelan protesters indiscriminately. China kills unarmed protesters indiscriminately. Putin's Russia kills dissidents within the opposition. Time after time throughout history, the same thing happens over and over again: A regime convinces the people to willingly disarm for whatever reason, then those people cease to be human in the eyes of the regime and citizens die.

    Yes people die because of terrible and sick people with guns, but every life taken is the price of freedom. The Freedom of this nation is bigger and far more important than any individual citizen, young/old, male/female, regardless of race, religion, whatever. If we lose the right to keep and bear arms, it will be the end of freedom as this world knows it. The beacon of liberty that this country was to the rest of the world will be extinguished.

    If you don't get that, then I'm sorry, you're too far gone, and there's nothing I can do to help you.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 08-22-2019 at 10:10 PM.


    Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

    Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

    KevinD (08-24-2019), Muddy (08-22-2019), Pony (08-23-2019)

  23. #1753
    Kwon Atlas Muddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    On the Waters of Life
    Posts
    40,257
    vCash
    14500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    19,455
    Thanked 8,631 Times in 5,817 Posts
    Well said, Homey..^
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    You want us to reject the policies because of the man, but we tolerate the man because of the policies.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

    DemonGeminiX (08-22-2019)

  25. #1754
    Post-op activist lost in melb.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,693
    vCash
    3250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    4,901
    Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,550 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    You think I'm off my rocker, but consider this: several things that history teachers never teach but are absolutely true: The founding fathers of this country didn't trust a large and powerful central government. Nor did they trust a constantly standing military. History teaches us that constantly standing militaries under their own power or under the power of a powerful central government can take the freedoms away from the citizens of their nation when the citizens are disarmed. The founding fathers wanted us to retain our spirit of rebellion and be able to meet fire with fire if we found ourselves in that situation. The tree of liberty is refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

    Recent history is also littered with examples where such a travesty has happened: Germany in the 30s. Adolf Hitler convinced the people to give up their guns before taking full control as Der Fuhrer. Millions upon millions died because of it. The Venezuelan socialist government convinced their people, by force, to give up their weapons, and now Maduro's regime kills Venezuelan protesters indiscriminately. China kills unarmed protesters indiscriminately. Putin's Russia kills dissidents within the opposition. Time after time throughout history, the same thing happens over and over again: A regime convinces the people to willingly disarm for whatever reason, then those people cease to be human in the eyes of the regime and citizens die.

    Yes people die because of terrible and sick people with guns, but every life taken is the price of freedom. The Freedom of this nation is bigger and far more important than any individual citizen, young/old, male/female, regardless of race, religion, whatever. If we lose the right to keep and bear arms, it will be the end of freedom as this world knows it. The beacon of liberty that this country was to the rest of the world will be extinguished.

    If you don't get that, then I'm sorry, you're too far gone, and there's nothing I can do to help you.
    Fair enough. I read it and perhaps in the case of the US, you indeed can't trust your government. Perhaps it's the size of the country, or its history that acts as a factor. Countries like Canada and Australia & Britain seem to do ok plus most of Europe and there don't appear to be government take-overs or coupe's on the horizon, nor is there repression of its citizens.

    I also wonder if countries like Venezuala, China and Russia had the same degree of weapons whether there would have been a civil war or something. Hard to predict outcomes there.

  26. #1755
    Post-op activist lost in melb.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,693
    vCash
    3250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    4,901
    Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,550 Posts

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •