Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1731

Thread: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (05-23-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

George R.R. Martin Says Ending In Books Will Be Different From Series

Dominic Smithers - LAD Bible

Right, so not everyone is happy with the last season of Game of Thrones. We get it, and we're sorry you feel let down, but there is light at the end of that tunnel.

The author of the original books, George R.R. Martin, has said his ending will be different from the television series, and will even have unicorns.

Writing on his blog, the 70-year-old said fans will also get the chance to read about some characters that didn't make the cut for the HBO series.

He said: "How will it all end? The same ending as the show? Different? Well... yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes.

"There are characters who never made it onto the screen at all, and others who died in the show but still live in the books.

"So if nothing else, the readers will learn what happened to Jeyne Poole, Lady Stoneheart, Penny and her pig, Skahaz Shavepate, Arianne Martell, Darkstar, Victarion Greyjoy, Ser Garlan the Gallant, Aegon VI, and a myriad of other characters both great and small that viewers of the show never had the chance to meet.

"And yes, there will be unicorns... of a sort."

If fans still aren't happy after that... well, Martin doesn't really care.

He added: "I'll write it. You read it. Then everyone can make up their own mind, and argue about it on the internet."

This comes after one of the stars of the show, Sophie Turner, who plays the Queen of a newly independent North, Sansa Stark, called the petition to remake the final season - which has gained more than one million signatures - 'disrespectful'.

Speaking to The New York Times, the 23-year-old said: "People always have an idea in their heads of how they want a show to finish, and so when it doesn't go to their liking, they start to speak up about it and rebel.

"All of these petitions and things like that - I think it's disrespectful to the crew, and the writers, and the filmmakers who have worked tirelessly over 10 years, and for 11 months shooting the last season.

"Like, 50-something night shoots. So many people worked so, so hard on it, and for people to just rubbish it because it's not what they want to see is just disrespectful."

What do you think? Was season eight total pants? Are you looking forward to see how Martin ties things off? Come tell us your opinion at Game of Thrones: Westeros Posting on Facebook.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-24-2019), Hal-9000 (05-24-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Kit Harington Tells Game Of Thrones Haters To 'Go F*** Themselves'

Amelia Ward - LAD Bible

The final season of Game of Thrones has really divided opinion, hasn't it? Some have said it's the best of them all, while others have absolutely slated it. There was even a petition to get the whole of the series remade - with 'competent' writers.

But Kit Harington, who played one of the show's main characters, Jon Snow, has hit back at GoT haters. Not holding back in the slightest, Kit took a swipe at people who have criticised the final series, in an interview with Esquire.

He said: "How I feel about the show right now is quite defiant.

"I think no matter what anyone thinks about this season - and I don't mean to sound mean about critics here - but whatever critic spends half an hour writing about this season and makes their [negative] judgement on it, in my head they can go fuck themselves."

Can't argue with that, Kit.

He continued: "I know how much work was put into this. I know how much people cared about this. I know how much pressure people put on themselves and I know how many sleepless nights working or otherwise people had on this show.

"Because they cared about it so much. Because they cared about the characters. Because they cared about the story. Because they cared about not letting people down."

However, some people certainly did feel let down by the show's final season. The online petition to get it remade has so far received more than 1,380,000 signatures and it shows no signs of slowing.

Obviously, it's unlikely to make a difference, what with season 8 having aired already - and Kit says in no uncertain terms that he doesn't care if people aren't pleased.

He added: "Now if people feel let down by it, I don't give a fuck - because everyone tried their hardest.

"That's how I feel. In the end, no one's bigger fans of the show than we are, and we're kind of doing it for ourselves. That's all we could do, really. And I was just happy we got to the end."

Kit's not the only cast member to feel pissed off by people's negativity. Sophie Turner, who played Sansa Stark, has had her say on the petitions too.

Speaking to CNN, she said: "I think it's disrespectful to the crew, and the writers, and the filmmakers who have worked tirelessly over 10 years, and for 11 months shooting the last season.

"Like, 50-something night shoots. So many people worked so, so hard on it, and for people to just rubbish it because it's not what they want to see is just disrespectful."

You can't please everyone, can you?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-24-2019), Hal-9000 (05-24-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,841 Times in 8,179 Posts
    During the finale Sansa asked Edmure to sit down and said Winterfell was pulling out of the Commonweath. And a montage shot of her walking alone away from the camera.

Two sentences and one shot of her walking.

Someone may have worked hard during 50 night shoots, it wasn't you sweetie.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    During the finale Sansa asked Edmure to sit down and said Winterfell was pulling out of the Commonweath. And a montage shot of her walking alone away from the camera.

Two sentences and one shot of her walking.

Someone may have worked hard during 50 night shoots, it wasn't you sweetie.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (05-24-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Dracarys distortion...

He could have improved that if he hit the last few light notes we hear after the main theme stops

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    https://wamplerpedals.com/products/dracarys-distortion

Only $200, in US dollars.

I thought the same thing.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I listened to a podcast about when GRRM met D&D and how they started working together.

Lots of information and it supported my thoughts about Martin saying F-you to the television series.

He wrote one screenplay per season up until season four and then stopped. His intent was then to finish the books and catch up with the TV series to provide more content.

nice try

Cliff notes:

Only seven writers have worked on GoT, which is unheard of by normal TV standards for shows with multiple seasons.

Writers would be given a broad story overview, then assigned characters to write about. Later they would assemble the stories in the writer's room.

D&D rarely creatively wrote together in the same room. They used the analogy of two people trying to drive a car at the same time. They would pair for rewrites etc.

Martin did provide the Hodor backstory to D&D, but according to sources he has only given broad overviews of his story. Some of which may vary greatly from his next two books.
    Two future books have been named and sources suspect since his novels are usually over 800 pages, there's going to be a lot more material than we've seen in the show.

The legendary lunch meeting happened in the mid 2000's. Martin met D&D for a five hour lunch and asked them who they thought Jon Snow's mother was. Depending on the source, only three of his books were released at the time of this meeting. Martin realized both writers knew the material well and they approached an infamously hardassed chief of programing at HBO with the pitch. She accepted.

Previous to the HBO pitch most producers loved the source material but wanted to make movies from it and remove the sex and violence for a more broad public appeal, a la LOTR. The HBO chief green lit the project allowing full nudity and violence.

The original pilot was a disaster. It had to be reworked* and reshot, changing a handful of actors and the director. The Dany and Catelyn we know were never in the original pilot. D&D were heralded for saving the show as they became heavily involved in the rewrite and directing decisions. Apparently the first pilot was so bad the show was in danger of being cancelled before the first season had completed shooting. Pilot we have seen is considered one of the best opening episodes in TV history.

*one example was the relationship of Jaime and Cersei was never explained, so the scene with Bran discovering them meant nothing to the audience.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-24-2019), lost in melb. (05-24-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Last edited by Teh One Who Knocks; 05-28-2019 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Switched to BBCode

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (05-28-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    I edited your post to use the BBCode replacement for Twitter. If you do that instead of using the HTML code, then the Tweet will show up on Tapatalk for people using mobile (like me on the weekends, I couldn't view the Tweet). It's east to use, all you need is the long Tweet number (1132832880328085505 in the case of the above Tweet) and put that in between the [*TWEET][/*TWEET] tags (no asterisks).

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Wait...so they have auto-table reads now...it gets read to them??

holy lazy

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (06-02-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks

22. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (06-02-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (06-03-2019)