Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116
Results 1,726 to 1,731 of 1731

Thread: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    I do feel bad for the actors because for the most part they're given scripts and have to adapt to the material. Some actors make suggestions that incite small changes but the way I understand it the writers and producers always have the final say when it comes to storyline elements.

And why do I get the sense that Martin only gave the writers the most basic outline of plot points and now is laughing his ass off. He's going to make a killing on the next book because of negative opinions on the last season.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (07-18-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I do feel bad for the actors because for the most part they're given scripts and have to adapt to the material. Some actors make suggestions that incite small changes but the way I understand it the writers and producers always have the final say when it comes to storyline elements.

And why do I get the sense that Martin only gave the writers the most basic outline of plot points and now is laughing his ass off. He's going to make a killing on the next book because of negative opinions on the last season.
    Plus I think that it's 'first reaction' that generated a lot of the negativity on the series. While yes, it was a bit of a letdown and definitely rushed, I don't think it was nearly as bad as a lot of people online made it out to be. Especially the people in the "DANY WOULD NEVER DO THAT!!!!!" camp. And yeah, it's definitely unfair to say negative things about the actors in that season, the acting was still amazing as it was during the whole series.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Plus I think that it's 'first reaction' that generated a lot of the negativity on the series. While yes, it was a bit of a letdown and definitely rushed, I don't think it was nearly as bad as a lot of people online made it out to be. Especially the people in the "DANY WOULD NEVER DO THAT!!!!!" camp. And yeah, it's definitely unfair to say negative things about the actors in that season, the acting was still amazing as it was during the whole series.
    I have two opinions on the final season. That second episode where 'nothing happened' was one of my favorites and it's been highly regarded by others. I liked the battle episodes as well.

And one of my favorite moments from any TV show was Arya and the Night King. It was electric and felt so right for the character because of where she had been previous.

It was the plot mechanics and something about the final scenes that really upset me. It was too nice, almost playing purely for fan service and didn't seem like Game of Thrones to me

I have a lot of little logic nitpicks like one episode a dragon getting instantly killed from a crossbow mounted on a boat and then next episode another dragon taking out an entire city, stone blocks and all.

The scene with Bronn that was weird and didn't mean a thing...the scene with Grey Worm threatening everyone and then just leaving after Dany is killed...

There were too many puzzling and cringy moments that took me out of the moment...and I think that crew could have done much better. If you read what happened behind the scenes with the writers D&D, they actually admitted to rushing the material because they were tired/burnt out by it and had already signed on for the next Star Wars. That put a different slant on the result for me.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Who Was Quaithe? Game Of Thrones’ Biggest Unresolved Mystery Explained

By James Hunt - Screen Rant

Quaithe is Game of Thrones' biggest unresolved mystery and the subject of many A Song of Ice and Fire fan theories, but who was she and why does she matter? Played by Laura Pradelska, Quaithe only actually appeared in two episodes of Game of Thrones season 2, but left a big impression and an even bigger question mark behind.

In Game of Thrones, Quaithe made her first appearance in season 2's "The Ghost of Harrenhal", where she warns Jorah Mormont that the men of Qarth may desire Daenerys' dragons. It's not her words that stand out, however, but her appearance, with Quaithe instantly striking thanks to her gold hexagonal mask. She re-emerges a couple of episodes later, informing Jorah that all men who pass the Doom of Valyria need protection, and also questioning his own loyalty to Daenerys.

After that she's never seen again, but it becomes clear that she is in some way prophetic. Not only do the warlocks steal Dany's dragons, but in Game of Thrones season 5 Jorah himself sails past Old Valyria without protection, and ends up contracting greyscale. Quaithe foreshadowed both events, but isn't so much as mentioned after Game of Thrones season 2, leaving her true purpose unclear.

Quaithe has a bigger role in George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire books, where she interacts with Daenerys directly, and makes even more vague prophecies. These include "To go north, you must journey south, to reach the west you must go east. To go forward you must go back and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow," and "The glass candles are burning. Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun's son and the mummer's dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal."

Both of these quotes have long been speculated over by A Song of Ice and Fire fans to divine their true meaning, from Daenerys' journey to just who the "perfumed seneschal" is, with some of them difficult because of the many possibilities. Still, some of these have already shown to come true, or are about to: the Kraken likely represents Victarion Greyjoy, who is sailing for Daenerys by the end of A Dance With Dragons; the lion is Tyrion Lannister, who is likewise on his way to Dany; the griffin and the mummer's dragon are presumably references to Griff and Young Griff, a.k.a. Jon Connington and Aegon Targaryen, and the sun's son was Quentyn Martell, although most of these didn't make it into Game of Thrones.

Still, while that means her prophecies and warnings are often accurate, it doesn't solve who she is. There are various theories, ranging from Ashara Dayne to Sheira Seastar, while the mention of "glass candles" suggests she might be working with the Maesters of the Citadel, especially as Archmaester Marwyn has a keen interest in Daenerys.

Whether there is a bigger reveal with Quaithe remains to be seen. There certainly wasn't in Game of Thrones, but Daenerys thinks about her much more in the books, and has a few visions of her too. But Quaithe's identity isn't what matters so much as her purpose, and in that we can be guided by the events of Game of Thrones, including season 8. Daenerys' downfall is one driven by a belief in her own destiny and right to rule, which is in part pushed by prophecy too, such as being The Prince (or Princess) That Was Promised. It's not the first time we've seen this kind of arc though, with clear parallels to be drawn between Stannis' story and Daenerys.

Stannis went down that path partially because he was being guided by Melisandre, and knowing where Daenerys' story is going, we can say that Quaithe is serving a similar function for Daenerys' story. Both characters are from Asshai, and in Game of Thrones the costumes were designed to echo each other, with Quaithe's mask mirroring Melisandre's necklace. To that end, then, Quaithe isn't just some random figure to spout prophecies. She's the Melisandre to Daenerys' Stannis: someone who helps light the way, but also a warning of things to come. Quaithe's words play in Daenerys' mind, including the betrayals she now expects. Martin likes introducing these magical, oft-mysterious guides for some of his most important characters (Jojen Reed for Bran is another, and again will eventually link to the Iron Throne), and that's what Quaithe is. Her key message isn't one of those strange prophecies, but when she tells Daenerys to "remember who you are."

Ultimately, it may not matter too much who Quaithe is or was, and there are enough secret identities already. What matters more is what she represents to Daenerys' story, in both Game of Thrones and A Song of Ice and Fire, helping to highlight the dangers of prophecy and destiny, while also contributing to her path of fire and blood. We've seen where it led Stannis, and Quaithe, by mirroring Melisandre, shows us where it's leading Daenerys.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Update ‘Game Of Thrones’ Prequel Pilot Starring Naomi Watts Not Going Forward At HBO

By Dominic Patten, Nellie Andreeva - Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: HBO has more Game of Thrones in the pipeline, but the prequel written by Jane Goldman and starring Naomi Watts is no longer happening.

Showrunner Goldman has been emailing the cast and crew of the project to tell them that the pilot is dead, we hear. The development has not been confirmed by HBO.

The prequel, created by the Kingsman scribe and George R. R. Martin, takes place thousands of years before the wars, romances and dragons of the Emilia Clarke- and Kit Harington-led GoT, which wrapped up its blockbuster eight-season run in May. Weaving in issues of race, power, intrigue and White Walkers, the Goldman-run prequel was given the pilot green light back in June 2018.

It was picked among several GoT prequel scripts that had been commissioned by HBO. While the pilot, carrying heavy corporate expectations, was in editing, HBO in September gave an unofficial pilot green light to a second prequel project from Martin and Ryan Condal, which is set 300 years before the events in Game of Thrones and tracks the beginning of the end for House Targaryen.

Word of the Watts-led pilot, penned by Goldman and directed by S.J. Clarkson, not going forward comes after a lengthy post-production, which included re-editing of the initial cut after it was not well received, and rumors about issues during filming in Northern Ireland.

That is not altogether unheard of for a production of such scope — hardcore fans of the Emmy-winning mothership series will recollect that the $10 million pilot for the show created by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss also had a rocky road. The duo and others have admitted that the original GoT pilot was a mess that required it to be re-shot almost entirely at great expense before HBO execs would give the go-ahead to take the project to series.

News of the prequel’s demise comes as HBO owner WarnerMedia hopes to blow some dragon fire of its own today with an investors day presentation of its HBO Max streaming service on the Warner Bros lot in Burbank.

Set to launch next spring, the AT&T-owned media company’s latest foray into the streaming wars has its eyes set on a prize almost as large as the conquest of the Seven Kingdoms. With AppleTV+ premiering on November 1 and Disney+ on November to crowd the space already occupied by Netflix, Amazon and the Disney controlled Hulu, plus NBCUniversal’s Peacock on the horizon for 2020 too, AT&T CEO Randell Stephenson declared yesterday that he sees big numbers for HBO Max in such a tight landscape.

The telecom conglomerate boss said in a forecast issued Monday that HBO Max aims to have 50 million U.S. subscribers in its first five years. A desire for more Game of Thrones likely is partially fueling that ambition.

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    what am amazing fuck you dear watcher of this program season 8 was, I'm glad I never really watched too much of this