Page 103 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1731

Thread: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    You see, some people are bitching because they feel the show didn't give us enough time and reason for Dany to go crazy. Some do believe she lost it, but there weren't enough events to justify it in their minds.

So then I come in with the - Noooo, she's actually crazy from a physical cause that goes back centuries in her bloodline.

They hate me

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (05-14-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Could you find a bigger graphic? I can barely see that one.

I normally resize Imgur graphics because I guess they're all phone sized and people can't see 1500 x 10 million on phones for some reason

didn't do this one, bite the weenie

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    You see, some people are bitching because they feel the show didn't give us enough time and reason for Dany to go crazy. Some do believe she lost it, but there weren't enough events to justify it in their minds.

So then I come in with the - Noooo, she's actually crazy from a physical cause that goes back centuries in her bloodline.

They hate me
    That's what I don't understand about these people. The show has been sowing these seeds of her possibly going crazy since SEASON ONE ffs. The only reason she hasn't gone Mad Queen earlier is because her advisors always talked her down from the ledge. Did it seem to happen quick this season? Maybe. But there were plenty of things leading up to it that really pushed her to the brink and then over the edge finally. All these people saying it was completely out of character are insane.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-14-2019), Hal-9000 (05-14-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    To be fair the writers do an after-show segment and someone posted a statement by them that supports the military choice thing. They haven't come right out and said Dany lost it. But there's still one more episode and that may figure prominently into the plotline and they may not want to blow it.

I said she committed an ethnic cleansing and made damn sure to list every other civilization she's freed without doing that, then reminded folks that she had the main gate blown down, the Golden Company had surrendered, she had wiped out almost every other military unit in King's Landing, and then went on to kill almost a million innocent people. That ain't normal.

ethnic cleansing got a response

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    That's what I don't understand about these people. The show has been sowing these seeds of her possibly going crazy since SEASON ONE ffs. The only reason she hasn't gone Mad Queen earlier is because her advisors always talked her down from the ledge. Did it seem to happen quick this season? Maybe. But there were plenty of things leading up to it that really pushed her to the brink and then over the edge finally. All these people saying it was completely out of character are insane.
    They're saying it gives the character no agency if she had to give in to insane impulses. Like they're offended Dany actually was affected by a family trait.

My response - She just wiped out a city of innocents. And hello? Her Dad was the MAD KING

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I also started - Post your wild off the cuff idea for an ending.

One of mine - Dany realizes the horror that she's committed and flies Drogon straight up into the clouds, then straight down towards the ground at subsonic speed.

She wants to ensure this is the last of the dragons.

should of seen the pushback on that

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    There's got to be something else to the madness with the Mad King. I'm still thinking Bran did something or another, like he did with Hodor.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (05-14-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Another ending I posted:

Jon, Arya, Sansa, Bran have all passed away. There's a time jump and we see Sam & Gilly's full grown children.

They look suspiciously like Jon and placard on the screen says - Last of the Taragaryens?

people - No way! Gilly would never screw around on Sam. WTF is wrong with you?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    I also started - Post your wild off the cuff idea for an ending.

One of mine - Dany realizes the horror that she's committed and flies Drogon straight up into the clouds, then straight down towards the ground at subsonic speed.

She wants to ensure this is the last of the dragons.

should of seen the pushback on that
    Dany tries to get Drogon to roast Jon and Drogon says 'fuck you' and eats Dany instead... because female Targaryens taste like chicken. And everybody lives happily ever after. Until Bran starts warging into guys while they're fucking because he never got laid.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (05-14-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (05-14-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    There's got to be something else to the madness with the Mad King. I'm still thinking Bran did something or another, like he did with Hodor.
    I'm curious where the overall family reputation comes from if that's the case.

Varys talks about one out of two is nuts, so I'm not sure how prevalent it really was.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Dany tries to get Drogon to roast Jon and Drogon says 'fuck you' and eats Dany instead... because female Targaryens taste like chicken. And everybody lives happily ever after. Until Bran starts warging into guys while they're fucking because he never got laid.
    On a more serious note I said Tyrion somehow gets the crossbow from Bronn and uses it to kill Dany while defending someone else.

also

Jon has to kill Dany because Arya tried and got hurt or killed in the process.

There's a big groupthink on the net that says Jon Snow really hasn't done anything considering his lineage and other people always seem to step up and do the important stuff I disagree a little but can see their point.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    They're saying it gives the character no agency if she had to give in to insane impulses. Like they're offended Dany actually was affected by a family trait.

My response - She just wiped out a city of innocents. And hello? Her Dad was the MAD KING
    I look at it this way, she was liberating all the slaves while she was building her army and they worshiped her and loved her for doing so. She expected the same thing when she got to Westeros but instead they see her as an invader and view her suspiciously because she's a Targaryan and she doesn't like that at all. Not to mention she saw just how much everyone loves Jon Snow and it ate away at her because that's how she wanted to be treated. How she believes she should be treated. She has always been a narcissist.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (05-14-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Bran wasn't even alive when the Mad King ruled? Or he was just an infant and not yet a Three Eyed Raven yet anyways.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm curious where the overall family reputation comes from if that's the case.

Varys talks about one out of two is nuts, so I'm not sure how prevalent it really was.
    He didn't really say that it was one out of two, it was that it just depended on the way the coin landed. Either they were normal or they were nuts. There could have been a streak of 4 or 5 'normal' in a row and then suddenly with the next one, the coin came up 'nuts'.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I look at it this way, she was liberating all the slaves while she was building her army and they worshiped her and loved her for doing so. She expected the same thing when she got to Westeros but instead they see her as an invader and view her suspiciously because she's a Targaryan and she doesn't like that at all. Not to mention she saw just how much everyone loves Jon Snow and it ate away at her because that's how she wanted to be treated. How she believes she should be treated. She has always been a narcissist.
    The scene with her and Jon at the window before the battle. He says something about not having to kill everyone and she makes some cryptic statement about the need to start over from scratch sort of thing. (I can find the exchange but you guys probably recall it)

So she's contemplating doing the full cleanse before going into battle. Point for sanity/narcissism/I wasn't breastfed enough as a child.

But as I pointed out, they also said she hadn't slept and eaten for two days since they got back. So THAT can't help things mentally can it?