Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1731

Thread: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    He didn't really say that it was one out of two, it was that it just depended on the way the coin landed. Either they were normal or they were nuts. There could have been a streak of 4 or 5 'normal' in a row and then suddenly with the next one, the coin came up 'nuts'.
    Yeah yeah okay be pedantic. You know what I meant.

The reputation is there for a reason because it must have happened to more than one person.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Bran wasn't even alive when the Mad King ruled? Or he was just an infant and not yet a Three Eyed Raven yet anyways.
    Same could be said about young Hodor before he got Hodor'ed. There was no way Bran was alive during that flashback so it was greenseeing time travel that allowed the event to happen.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-14-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Bran wasn't even alive when the Mad King ruled? Or he was just an infant and not yet a Three Eyed Raven yet anyways.
    Bran wasn't alive when Hodor was a kid and Bran forced that conniption on him either.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I really loved those Bran moments when he was greenseeing. Especially that Hodor episode.

Can you imagine seeing your father as a young man and discovering he not only lied about your half brother, he also lied about defeating the best swordsman in Westeros?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I really loved those Bran moments when he was greenseeing. Especially that Hodor episode.

Can you imagine seeing your father as a young man and discovering he not only lied about your half brother, he also lied about defeating the best swordsman in Westeros?
    I think that's more of a commentary on human nature and the tendency to make things bigger and more epic than they really are. Pick and choose your point in history and look at the newspaper headlines during that time period and compare that with what we know about what really happened beyond the propaganda.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I think that's more of a commentary on human nature and the tendency to make things bigger and more epic than they really are. Pick and choose your point in history and look at the newspaper headlines during that time period and compare that with what we know about what really happened beyond the propaganda.
    I wonder why though, Ned Stark went with the Arthur Dayne story? Howland Reed was there and helped Ned, and Ned is usually such an honorable guy.

Wasn't it a huge dust up at first with lots of guys and then it was down to Ned, Arthur and Howland?

I can google and check out the book lore, but it was a prominent scene in the TV show as well.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Geez man they could make a cool TV series just using that one Wiki entry about Arthur Dayne.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I wonder why though, Ned Stark went with the Arthur Dayne story? Howland Reed was there and helped Ned, and Ned is usually such an honorable guy.

Wasn't it a huge dust up at first with lots of guys and then it was down to Ned, Arthur and Howland?

I can google and check out the book lore, but it was a prominent scene in the TV show as well.
    Yeah, Arthur Dayne and one or two others versus 5 or 6, then it was down to Reed and Stark vs Dayne. Dayne knocked Reed out of the fight for a few minutes and had Stark dead to rights and Reed stabbed Dayne in the back.

Well, Ned was Lord of Winterfell. Royals and such usually had tall tales associated with their names.

Jaime 'the Kingslayer' Lannister, actually stabbed the mad Targaryen in the back. So there's that as well.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,103 Times in 59,908 Posts
    History is written by the victors.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-14-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Yeah, Arthur Dayne and one or two others versus 5 or 6, then it was down to Reed and Stark vs Dayne. Dayne knocked Reed out of the fight for a few minutes and had Stark dead to rights and Reed stabbed Dayne in the back.

Well, Ned was Lord of Winterfell. Royals and such usually had tall tales associated with their names.
    I'm a little upset because I heard the prequel will go back thousands of years.

That time right before Robert's Rebellion sounds so interesting. Arthur was a good friend to Rhaegar Targaryen (broke 12 lances against Rhaegar in a losing bid at a tourney he won) and some of the references to his prowess are impressive.

Jaime - I learned from Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, who could have slain all five of you with his left hand while he was taking a piss with the right.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm a little upset because I heard the prequel will go back thousands of years.

That time right before Robert's Rebellion sounds so interesting. Arthur was a good friend to Rhaegar Targaryen (broke 12 lances against Rhaegar in a losing bid at a tourney he won) and some of the references to his prowess are impressive.

Jaime - I learned from Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, who could have slain all five of you with his left hand while he was taking a piss with the right.

Hopefully for the prequel they get the same writers that Star Trek: Discovery uses

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Martin's back stories are so impressive. Dayne was buddies with Rhaegar and knew about him and Lyanna Stark. The fight him and Ned got into was after Robert's Rebellion, where Robert (and the world) thought Rhaegar had kidnapped Lyanna Stark. Instead both of them were married (Robert was betrothed to Lyanna) and having an affair. Arthur Dayne was helping his friend Rhaegar.

The whole thing started the downfall of the Targaryens on the throne at King's Landing, which they had held for decades before.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Hopefully for the prequel they get the same writers that Star Trek: Discovery uses
    *opening scene*

Starks never existed. Their written history is false and there were REALLY a family of people named the Fienbergs.

This is their story...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (05-14-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    *opening scene*

Starks never existed. Their written history is false and there were REALLY a family of people named the Fienbergs.

This is their story...

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    My big question with that is if Howland Reed was there, then Reed knew about Jon, knew about the promise Lyanna Stark asked of Ned before she died. Everyone watching the show and reading the books was so enamored with the enigma that was Jon Snow's parents from day 1. How big of a dick is George RR Martin to not only let a character who knows the secret remain alive in the story, but also not make him even a minor recurring character in the story at all? Somehow, somewhere Howland Reed is still alive in this story and he knows everything and always has.