Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1731

Thread: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,103 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Did anyone else notice the piece of grass (or some other plant) sprouting up thru the snow as Jon was walking north of the wall? Was that supposed to signify that winter was already over?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    It's over! Let the Feminist and SJW crying begin!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    From an interview with Entertainment Weekly now that the series is over:

At least now Hempstead-Wright is free to talk about his character’s reign. While most of the show’s actors have said they felt pressure to protect final season spoilers, Hempstead-Wright had all those secrets plus the desire to share his character’s enormous victory.

“I just wanted to shout: ‘King motherfuckers!,’” he says. “Though that’s probably not a wise plan, obviously.”

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-20-2019), Hal-9000 (05-20-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I agree with much of what you say here. Too many of the 'good guys' survived and for a show that literally gut punches you when you least expect it (i.e. The Red Wedding) it seemed exactly like a fan service ending in that respect. Basically, all of the Starks (Jon, Sansa, Bran, and Arya) all get happy endings. Not to mention that entire Small Council. I dunno, that was just very mediocre to me. Now I'm not one for killing off characters just for the sake of killing them off, but seeing at least a few of those final people having a less than perfect ending would have been more in line with the history of the show.

Yeah, Sansa opting out of the 7 Kingdoms? WTF? And no one at all objected? If I had been one of those others sitting there I would have jumped up and said something like, "Wait, opting out is an option???"

I knew Dany was going to die, it was just who was going to kill her. Tyrion was completely right when telling Jon after they all heard Dany's speech about 'liberating' the rest of the world. She was mad with power and was never going to let up. It was sad though after Jon killed her and Drogon kept nudging her trying to get her to wake up. But then he just picks up her body after his tantrum and leaves and goes....where? Why?

Tyrion not getting mentioned in the book.

Jon could have looked a little bit happier when he was heading north of the wall with the Freefolk. And Castle Black and the Night's Watch? They still need that? What are they protecting the realm from now that the Freefolk are friends and the dead have been subdued? Do they have a Mexican problem at their border?

I was actually a little worried when Tyrion found Jamie's body that when he started to uncover Jamie and Cersei that one or both of them was going to still be alive, mostly Jamie. Glad that didn't happen.

And I guess that whole thing with Bronn and the fancy crossbow was absolutely nothing.
    I actually laughed during the Greyworm part...

I will accept the new political structure you have created.

Along with releasing the person who assassinated our queen.

AND release the short one who colluded with our enemy's brother.

*one minute later*

I'm going thousands of miles away on the sea to live in Hawaii. Bye.

So ya gonna facetime to check up on things Scowley?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (05-20-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I'm happy I never watched the first episode of this show..

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Initial reaction, while I didn't hate it, I didn't love it either. It felt very anti-climactic, but of course anything would be anti-climactic after the Battle of King's Landing.
    I liked the components of season eight and not the overall result at the same time.

For me it was the thunderous problems with pacing, huge resolutions and the shortened seasons.

1. The wights have been a constant threat since the first episode. We meet the Night King and he's depicted as the worst badass in the history of badasses.
    Then during the space of one episode in season eight he arrives at Winterfell and is killed 60 minutes later. All wights and white walkers cease to exist as well.

2. Cersei and her armies. Same thing. We have a chat on a castle rampart one episode, next episode we see Dany and one dragon remove all traces of Cersei and her threats.

The juice wasn't worth the squeeze because there was no squeeze.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, that was unsatisfying to say the least.

Jon was the rightful heir to the throne. Dany was basically usurping the power from Jon even though he didn't want it. He does something that has happened countless times before, he kills someone in the way. And now Jon gets to rule now that there is no one in the way. No, wait, Jon is taken prisoner for killing someone that had no right to the throne? None of that made sense to me.
    He was the rightful heir and people in King's Landing have been usurping rulers using that exact method for decades

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,894 Times in 11,969 Posts
    I agree with much of what you say here. Too many of the 'good guys' survived and for a show that literally gut punches you when you least expect it (i.e. The Red Wedding) it seemed exactly like a fan service ending in that respect. Basically, all of the Starks (Jon, Sansa, Bran, and Arya) all get happy endings. Not to mention that entire Small Council. I dunno, that was just very mediocre to me. Now I'm not one for killing off characters just for the sake of killing them off, but seeing at least a few of those final people having a less than perfect ending would have been more in line with the history of the show.

Yeah, Sansa opting out of the 7 Kingdoms? WTF? And no one at all objected? If I had been one of those others sitting there I would have jumped up and said something like, "Wait, opting out is an option???"

I knew Dany was going to die, it was just who was going to kill her. Tyrion was completely right when telling Jon after they all heard Dany's speech about 'liberating' the rest of the world. She was mad with power and was never going to let up. It was sad though after Jon killed her and Drogon kept nudging her trying to get her to wake up. But then he just picks up her body after his tantrum and leaves and goes....where? Why?

Jon could have looked a little bit happier when he was heading north of the wall with the Freefolk. And Castle Black and the Night's Watch? They still need that? What are they protecting the realm from now that the Freefolk are friends and the dead have been subdued? Do they have a Mexican problem at their border?

And I guess that whole thing with Bronn and the fancy crossbow was absolutely nothing.
    Agree with good guys surviving. Whole-heartedly agree with Sansa opting out of the 7 Kingdoms. Her brother's King, it's not like he wasn't give her all the favoritism in the world. And I would be pissed too, if I was one of the others.

I think on some level Drogon knew that Westeros wasn't 'home'. His two brothers and his mother all died there, so maybe he was taking Dany back to Essos? Possibly to where he was born? And if his Mommy couldn't sit on that damned Iron Throne that she died trying to get to, nobody would, dammit!!!

I don't know about the Night's Watch either, but maybe, on some level, Jon's going home? I don't know about the smiling thing. He did love Dany and didn't want to kill her, so I guess that will be haunting him for the rest of his life. I doubt anybody South of the wall will throw up a stink if they find out he went beyond the wall... which still has a huge fucking gap in it where undead Viseryion blew it down, by the way. Are they gonna repair that? Do they know how to? I'm not sure the rest of the 6 Kingdoms are on board with Wildlings being friends. I'm sure the North has no problem with it, but the rest of the Southern folk? I'm not so sure.

Yeah, that was unsatisfying to say the least.

Jon was the rightful heir to the throne. Dany was basically usurping the power from Jon even though he didn't want it. He does something that has happened countless times before, he kills someone in the way. And now Jon gets to rule now that there is no one in the way. No, wait, Jon is taken prisoner for killing someone that had no right to the throne? None of that made sense to me.
    King's Landing was under the Unsullied and Dothraki control. Jon murdered their Queen. I think it was out of character for them to keep Jon alive. There was no way in hell they were going to let him rule. As Tyrion said, there would be war if Jon was executed, and there would be war if he was crowned. Exiling him to the North was the best option for peace that everyone would agree to. Tyrion said that nobody was happy about it. They could have waited for the Dothraki and Unsullied to leave like they did, and just kicked Bran over a ledge somewhere, but that would go against Jon's code of honor.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I liked the components of season eight and not the overall result at the same time.

For me it was the thunderous problems with pacing, huge resolutions and the shortened seasons.

1. The wights have been a constant threat since the first episode. We meet the Night King and he's depicted as the worst badass in the history of badasses.
    Then during the space of one episode in season eight he arrives at Winterfell and is killed 60 minutes later. All wights and white walkers cease to exist as well.

2. Cersei and her armies. Same thing. We have a chat on a castle rampart one episode, next episode we see Dany and one dragon remove all traces of Cersei and her threats.

The juice wasn't worth the squeeze because there was no squeeze.
    If they would have kept the seasons at 10 episodes apiece instead of making season 7 only seven episodes and this season only 6, I think they could have dealt with the pacing issues much better and maybe had a little more build up to Dany going Mad Queen. I don't have any issues with the season and what the endgame was, but it did unfortunately feel rushed (both the Battle of Winterfell and the Battle of King's Landing were each over in just one episode).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (05-20-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    He was the rightful heir and people in King's Landing have been usurping rulers using that exact method for decades
    Exactly, so why does he get exiled? FFS he's the one everyone wanted to be King when they found he was the rightful heir.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (05-20-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    How can you be sure that time passes equally when he is viewing the past? It may be different when he is viewing past events, maybe time passes infinitely faster when he's doing that compared to how it's passing in real time?

Already had this argument with another person.

Even if time somehow moves faster during his visions, it's still that whole thing about knowing which moments in time to visit. Since we know he couldn't have viewed all of recorded history (we assume), it's sussing out the key events without knowing what they are first.

When the Three Eyed Raven showed Bran the fight at the Tower of Joy, it played out in real time...

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Exactly, so why does he get exiled? FFS he's the one everyone wanted to be King when they found he was the rightful heir.
    Umm, er, Dany tripped and now I'm your king! Sad I know but she hit her head really hard and then fell on that dagger. Terrible accident, yes.

He didn't have to tell anyone either. FFS even Drogon gave him a pass

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,894 Times in 11,969 Posts
    I will say this: Black people got shafted in Game of Thrones too!!! They just left the fucking Kingdom they took over to the white folks!?! They didn't even get justice for that white dude killing their Queen!?! What the fuck is this shit?!?! Can't a brother get a fucking Kingdom and keep it?!?

#WhitePrivilegeGOT

That's gotta be everywhere on the internet.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    If they would have kept the seasons at 10 episodes apiece instead of making season 7 only seven episodes and this season only 6, I think they could have dealt with the pacing issues much better and maybe had a little more build up to Dany going Mad Queen. I don't have any issues with the season and what the endgame was, but it did unfortunately feel rushed (both the Battle of Winterfell and the Battle of King's Landing were each over in just one episode).
    Like I said at the end of the large post, all we needed was one dragon and one Arya all along.

Loved seeing both events but these guys are better writers than that.

And it's been confirmed. D&D had all of the financial backing necessary from HBO to extend the series to any amount of episodes. It was the blank check scenario.

And both have said they were tired of the material and wanted to end the series because they picked up a contract for a Star Wars movie.

You know someone backed the truck up with gold bars right to their doorstep.

dicks

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post: