Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1731

Thread: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    The gif of Emilia Clarke's eyebrows sent me down a strange rabbit hole. She kept reminding me of someone from my past and I finally figured out who.

I fell in love with a girl who I went to kindergarten - grade six with. She had dark hair and eyes and we'll call her Tara (because that's her name).

In grade one she dressed as an Indian princess (native) and every little boy in our grade fell in love with her.

Did some googling and found she moved to Montreal and has written and directed movies! One of them is quite famous...

I'll post a pic or two elsewhere.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (06-03-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Emilia Clarke is hilarious

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (06-03-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    and Imgur is not posting properly again...grrrr

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post

Emilia Clarke is hilarious
    I find her really gracious and humorous. Her laugh is outstanding

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (06-03-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (06-03-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    I edited your post to use the BBCode replacement for Twitter. If you do that instead of using the HTML code, then the Tweet will show up on Tapatalk for people using mobile (like me on the weekends, I couldn't view the Tweet). It's east to use, all you need is the long Tweet number (1132832880328085505 in the case of the above Tweet) and put that in between the [*TWEET][/*TWEET] tags (no asterisks).

No problem

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (06-03-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (06-04-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Shocking Lena Headey Reveals Ceresi Has A Miscarriage In Deleted Game Of Thrones Scene

By Morgan M. Evans - People Magazine

A month after Game Of Thrones’ end, Lena Headey is still shocking fans.

When HBO’s epic series ended on May 19, it’s no secret fans were conflicted about the way several of the main character’s stories came to an end – especially when it came to Cersei Lannister’s death in the show’s penultimate episode.

But during a recent comic book convention appearance in Germany, the actress, 47, revealed that Cersei’s last episode, where her demise alongside her twin-brother-slash-estranged-lover, Jaime Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau), as the Red Keep crumbled around them, almost featured her having a miscarriage.

“We shot a scene that never made it into season seven, which was where I lose the baby,” she said. “And it was a really traumatic, great moment for Cersei, and it never made it in.”

In the show’s final season, Cersei becomes pregnant with what she assumes is her twin brother’s child, but when Euron Greyjoy later tells the queen that he is the father, the truth of the of the unborn child comes into question. In the end, fans are left without a full explanation of Cersei’s mysterious pregnancy when the doomed lovers meet their fate, but Headey admitted that she “loved” the deleted scene and felt it would have “changed things” for her character’s famed storyline.

“I kind of loved doing that because I thought it would’ve served her differently,” she said. “Of course, we’re not exactly sure what made the show’s creators scrap the scene, but we can’t say it isn’t interesting to at least think about how that moment may have changed things.”

This isn’t the first time the actress has opened up about her character’s controversial death on the series.

The star recently revealed that she wasn’t exactly thrilled with the way her character exited Westeros for good, admitting to U.K. outlet The Guardian that she “wanted a better death” for the icy queen.

“Obviously you dream of your death,” she said. “You could go in any way on that show. So I was kind of gutted.”

However, Headey recognized that the writers “couldn’t have pleased everyone,” and explained, “No matter what they did, I think there was going to be some big comedown from the climb.”

In another interview with Entertainment Weekly, Headey revealed that her initial reaction to the character’s final scene was “mixed.”

“I wanted her to have some big piece or fight with somebody,” she said.

But after she talked over the scene with Coster-Waldau, 48, she changed her mind. Trapped in an underground passageway, emotional but resigned to their doomed fate, a mortally wounded Jaime uttered his final words to Cersei as the walls around them collapsed: “Nothing else matters, only us.”

“The more we talked about it the more it seemed like the perfect end for her,” Headey explained. “They came into the world together and now they leave together.”

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (06-19-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I've read multiple instances where they shoot what seems like pivotal scenes in TV and movies and then cut them. It makes me a little angry hearing they couldn't fit in 15 seconds of additional dialog.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (06-19-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Rereading the books and twice now I've seen him use the term break bad...

I wonder if we'll meet ser Jesse of the Chili Powder Meth

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Rereading the books and twice now I've seen him use the term break bad...

I wonder if we'll meet ser Jesse of the Chili Powder Meth
    Jesse of House Meth

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (06-20-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Jesse of House Meth

Your highness, sers Badger and Skinny Pete are here to parley.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (07-04-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    On a rewatch I'm going to notice the things they left or forgot. Probably going to lower my opinion on the series overall.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    George R.R. Martin reveals 5 new facts about HBO's Game of Thrones prequel

Ready for some new info about HBO’s mysterious Game of Thrones prequel series?

EW recently spoke to author and executive producer George R.R. Martin about showrunner Jane Goldman’s pilot, which is currently filming in Northern Ireland. HBO and Martin have previously revealed the show takes place roughly 5,000 years before the events in Game of Thrones, when Westeros was a very different place, and leads up to an epic confrontation with the White Walkers known as The Long Night. Since some fans have been concerned that the show is pre-Targaryen (and therefore pre-dragon), we asked Martin what are some families and creatures that are around during this time period.

Martin gave some intriguing hints about the state of Westeros during this time period, and even noted a possible new title:

1. Westeros is divided into roughly 100 kingdoms in the prequel. “We talk about the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros; there were Seven Kingdoms at the time of Aegon’s Conquest,” Martin says. “But if you go back further then there are nine kingdoms, and 12 kingdoms, and eventually you get back to where there are a hundred kingdoms — petty kingdoms — and that’s the era we’re talking about here.” The Seven Kingdoms maintained some degree of order (at least, until war broke out). So it sounds like Westeros could be even more dangerous and chaotic and lawless than it is in GoT — like Wild West Westeros.

2. There are Starks and direwolves. The pack survives. This should be obvious given the time period (the Starks were descended from the First Men), but in case there was any doubt Martin confirms the fan-favorite family is around. “The Starks will definitely be there,” he said. And while much has been made about the fact the prequel predates dragons, that doesn’t mean there won’t be other creatures. “Obviously the White Walkers are here — or as they’re called in my books, The Others — and that will be an aspect of it,” Martin says. “There are things like direwolves and mammoths.”

3. There will not be any Lannisters — at least not at first… The prequel predates the rise of the Lannister family, Martin says. But there is another family currently residing in the future Lannister homestead. “The Lannisters aren’t there yet, but Castlery Rock is certainly there; it’s like the Rock of Gibraltar,” he says. “It’s actually occupied by the Casterlys — for whom it’s still named after in the time of Game of Thrones.” The Casterlys were supposedly swindled from their homestead by Lann the Clever — who founded House Lannister — though it’s unclear if this tale will be told in the prequel.

4. It’s a true ensemble. HBO’s cast breakdown appeared to suggest the show might be led by a trio of female leads (Naomi Watts, Naomi Ackie, and Denise Gough). Asked about this, Martin said the prequel — like Game of Thrones — is more accurately described as an ensemble story. “I hesitate to use the word ‘lead,’” Martin says. “As you know for Game of Thrones, we never even nominated anybody for lead actress or lead actor [during awards season] until recently; it was always for supporting [categories] because the show is such an ensemble. I think that will be true for this show too. We don’t have leads so much as a large ensemble cast.”

5. The show might get a slightly different title than the one you’re expecting. The prequel is still officially untitled, Martin emphasizes. In the past, the author has suggested the title The Long Night. One behind-the-scenes factor that complicated this choice is that the third episode of Game of Thrones season 8 is also titled “The Long Night.” While The Long Night remains Martin’s preferred title, there is another similar possibility being considered. “I heard a suggestion that it could be called The Longest Night, which is a variant I wouldn’t mind,” he says. “That would be pretty good.”

While Martin has many projects in the works, including the prequel pilot, he notes he’s currently only writing one thing: The sixth Ice and Fire novel The Winds of Winter.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (07-10-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (07-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau: 'Game Of Thrones' Cast Upset Over Intense Final Season Backlash

Ace Showbiz

AceShowbiz - The stars of "Game of Thrones" were deeply upset about the criticism of the show's final season, according to Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

Disappointed fans created an online petition calling on HBO bosses to reshoot the final six episodes after lashing out at the deaths of pivotal characters and the show's uninspiring story lines, and now Coster-Waldau, whose character Jaime Lannister died in the penultimate episode, admits the criticism took its toll on the cast.

Speaking at "Game of Thrones" fan convention, Con of Thrones, in Nashville, Tennessee over the weekend (July 13), he said, "Every season has been intense in terms of the attention and discussion, but it was extraordinarily intense for a final season."

"We have this WhatsApp group, the actors, and I saw some people getting a little upset because some of the stuff is vicious, and if you make the mistake of start reading all that s**t... You write to each other and go, 'F**king a**holes. This is so not what would happen! They ruined, they butchered George's world!' It's just fun for you, but of course some (castmates) got a little upset."

"There was that kind of weird feeling of, 'What the hell? We worked so hard...' I'm not asking anyone to feel sorry (for us), by the way. That's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying how it was to get through that whole thing."

He added that at times series creators D.B. Weiss and and David Benioff felt they were "the most hated people in the world", adding, "I know how they feel."

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (07-18-2019)