Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Night King thought bubble

*my kingdom for a fkcing compass*

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    does he get over/through the wall tonight?

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Nope because Donald Trump Stark is there and the Night King is the wrong color.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    orange blaze takes him out

5. The Following User Says Thank You to deebakes For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (08-28-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    "Has it ever occurred to you that she may not have been the most reliable source?" = "I'm coming to your room tonight to fuck you senseless and find out for certain, Auntie Dany."

I can't wait to see the look on Jon's, Sam's, and Bran's faces when they tell him who he really is and they all realize that he fucked his aunt.

Theon Euron The whole fucking Greyjoy storyline

Killing Littlefinger off should have been more satisfying. I would rather have watched Arya do it in a back room after stalking him while disguised and pulling off one of her faces as he bled to death. Sansa could have stepped out of the shadows and given the proverbial high five to her little sister. I wonder who takes over the Vale?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,103 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Much better episode this week and a pretty decent finale IMHO.

I was right about Arya

Personally I loved the Littlefinger execution scene....I thought it was perfect. It was plenty satisfying for me, watching the confusion come over his face after Sansa read the charges that he thought were against Arya, and then she asked him how did he plead? And after him begging for mercy and his life, Arya just slit his throat with his own knife, I thought it was excellent.

I was right about Cersei not being reasonable, even though she almost faked me out. What a stupid bitch. So, will Jaime defy her and take the Lannister army north? Or will Jaime just desert and head north by himself, and maybe with Bronn as well?

The Greyjoy thing is kinda meh...although it was nice to see Theon get his balls back so to speak But unless Theon is going to be able to save Yara and kill Euron (quickly) so that they can join forces against the Night King, that storyline is absolutely pointless.

Hey, at least Jon and Dany are only aunt and nephew and not brother and sister

I guess Cersei really is pregnant and it just wasn't something to trick Jamie into falling back in line? I don't think she would have needed to fake a pregnancy in front of Tyrion.

How will Dany take it when she finds out that Jon is the heir to the Iron Throne ahead of her?

And I have to agree with Dee a bit on the whole Night King's power...if he was that all powerful, then there is no chance for thew living to defeat him and his army and they would have easily taken over the world in any of the previous winters.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts

I get the feeling George R.R. Martin might have a thing for a member of his own family.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    In the books he's always talking about tweaking and pinching nipples....I envision him working on his old 1992 DOS computer with holes cut out of his shirt at chest level, giving himself the odd nip-pull after finishing a particularly good chapter.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    In the books he's always talking about tweaking and pinching nipples....I envision him working on his old 1992 DOS computer with holes cut out of his shirt at chest level, giving himself the odd nip-pull after finishing a particularly good chapter.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I liked the finale overall but can't get away from the feeling it's become a runaway train. This is the weirdest complaint ever in light of the past seasons that feature people literally taking years to get from A to B. They are cramming so much into the episodes comparatively that it doesn't seem real Like that scene at the war summit. Everyone from the cast was there except Arya, Sansa, Bran and Littlefinger. The scene almost played like an old WWF Wrestling Summer Slam special where everyone shows up

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Much better episode this week and a pretty decent finale IMHO.

I was right about Arya

Personally I loved the Littlefinger execution scene....I thought it was perfect. It was plenty satisfying for me, watching the confusion come over his face after Sansa read the charges that he thought were against Arya, and then she asked him how did he plead? And after him begging for mercy and his life, Arya just slit his throat with his own knife, I thought it was excellent.

I was right about Cersei not being reasonable, even though she almost faked me out. What a stupid bitch. So, will Jaime defy her and take the Lannister army north? Or will Jaime just desert and head north by himself, and maybe with Bronn as well?

The Greyjoy thing is kinda meh...although it was nice to see Theon get his balls back so to speak But unless Theon is going to be able to save Yara and kill Euron (quickly) so that they can join forces against the Night King, that storyline is absolutely pointless.

Hey, at least Jon and Dany are only aunt and nephew and not brother and sister

I guess Cersei really is pregnant and it just wasn't something to trick Jamie into falling back in line? I don't think she would have needed to fake a pregnancy in front of Tyrion.

How will Dany take it when she finds out that Jon is the heir to the Iron Throne ahead of her?

And I have to agree with Dee a bit on the whole Night King's power...if he was that all powerful, then there is no chance for thew living to defeat him and his army and they would have easily taken over the world in any of the previous winters.
    Alrighty so I liked the finale, along with some observations/complaints.

The scene with Cersei and Tyrion was great. For a pure drama talky scene, it was electric. Lena Headey was vulnerable, angry, scary, sad...all within five minutes.

Lance was indeed correct about Arya, good call. However the entire Littlefinger execution scene felt limp to me because of one thing. What was he trying to accomplish for the past two seasons? He went from being one of the most influential and intelligent characters, to a guy who was trying to start a rift between two sisters? His stock went waaaay down and it was disappointing to see a mastermind start begging, get no chance to defend himself (way to be fair and just Stark family..), and get killed because someone had a vision.

Like most of the net, I couldn't really care less about the Greyjoys. The Theon fight scene was a bit much as he was getting the crap kicked out of him and then after the guy knees him in the missing junk, he all of sudden gets superpowers from having missing junk and kills the bigger, more fierce fighter?

The writers made no bones about establishing certain plot points. Sam meets Bran, we have Jon's true lineage. Dany and Jon boink, no cute subterfuge they get right down to it. The Night King commands his new dragon, the dragon has a breath weapon that can destroy the wall. Part of the wall comes down and they march south.

This brings me to probably the most important plot point or observation. The good guys went north, got a wight and brought it to Cersei as proof of the threat. Cersei eventually agrees to help, then secretly backs out of helping and decides to wait in the south to take on whatever is left over from the forces fighting in the north. So what has really been accomplished by the good guys? They are one dragon down and lord knows how many people, they've lost their fleet of ships the Unsullied sailed to Casterly Rock, and the wall is crumbling

Tyrion is about zero for three in 'clever' ideas and this last development puts the good guys deep in the privy of crap.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Someone online posted a good metaphor about Bran. 'Bran has access to the entire internet, but still has to google subjects to learn about them.' This was in reference to him thinking Jon was still a bastard. I liked that moment when he said - Jon would be a Sand then, not a Snow. It shows he doesn't know every fact from the past unless he specifically seeks out moments.

Are Tormund and Beric alive? I say yes and we won't see Tormund die until he gets some sweet Brienne love.

Sansa to Arya - 'You're still strange and annoying...'

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (08-28-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    How about Sandor walking up to The Mountain and laying down that threat. The Clegane Bowl is on

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Alrighty so I liked the finale, along with some observations/complaints.

The scene with Cersei and Tyrion was great. For a pure drama talky scene, it was electric. Lena Headey was vulnerable, angry, scary, sad...all within five minutes.

Lance was indeed correct about Arya, good call. However the entire Littlefinger execution scene felt limp to me because of one thing. What was he trying to accomplish for the past two seasons? He went from being one of the most influential and intelligent characters, to a guy who was trying to start a rift between two sisters? His stock went waaaay down and it was disappointing to see a mastermind start begging, get no chance to defend himself (way to be fair and just Stark family..), and get killed because someone had a vision.

Like most of the net, I couldn't really care less about the Greyjoys. The Theon fight scene was a bit much as he was getting the crap kicked out of him and then after the guy knees him in the missing junk, he all of sudden gets superpowers from having missing junk and kills the bigger, more fierce fighter?

The writers made no bones about establishing certain plot points. Sam meets Bran, we have Jon's true lineage. Dany and Jon boink, no cute subterfuge they get right down to it. The Night King commands his new dragon, the dragon has a breath weapon that can destroy the wall. Part of the wall comes down and they march south.

This brings me to probably the most important plot point or observation. The good guys went north, got a wight and brought it to Cersei as proof of the threat. Cersei eventually agrees to help, then secretly backs out of helping and decides to wait in the south to take on whatever is left over from the forces fighting in the north. So what has really been accomplished by the good guys? They are one dragon down and lord knows how many people, they've lost their fleet of ships the Unsullied sailed to Casterly Rock, and the wall is crumbling

Tyrion is about zero for three in 'clever' ideas and this last development puts the good guys deep in the privy of crap.
    Agree with most of your points, I still stand by that I was okay with the Littlkefinger execution, but other than that, I pretty much agree with everything you say

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    How about Sandor walking up to The Mountain and laying down that threat. The Clegane Bowl is on
    I'll take The Hound on this one