Thread: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,103 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    I got a text right after, she said she was "disappointed". I said What? I thought a lot went on, and it got us all caught up on where everyone is. Turns out it was just because no major character died in the first episode back, she was upset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I agree with Lance and Pony. It was a table setting episode and a damn good one at that. We saw people meet that either haven't shared a scene ever or their last meetings go back to seasons one and two. For me it was nice to get a sense of place for everyone. Jorah, the Hound, Sam...everyone is hanging at Winterfell!

I think we saw every main character with the exception of the Night King, Melisandre (and Gilly). How often do we get treated to that in one episode?

And Jaime looking at Bran in the final scene was masterful and chilling.

Bronn with Chekhov's crossbow was impressive as well. I predict the crossbow will be used, but not on Jaime or Tyrion.
    I was reading a couple of recap sites this morning and the commenters down in the comment section were whining that this episode was boring. And one person was even whining that the show isn't like it was when it started, with developing plots and things taking a long time to play out, he thought this episode moved way too fast. Hey moron, it's because the show is almost over, there' no more characters to develop, no more plots to uncover, it's all about the finish. FFS.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-15-2019), Hal-9000 (04-15-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I was reading a couple of recap sites this morning and the commenters down in the comment section were whining that this episode was boring. And one person was even whining that the show isn't like it was when it started, with developing plots and things taking a long time to play out, he thought this episode moved way too fast. Hey moron, it's because the show is almost over, there' no more characters to develop, no more plots to uncover, it's all about the finish. FFS.
    They had to do some sort of table setting episode. Last we saw, the Night King and the dragon took down the wall at the end of season seven and that left huge questions about Tormund, Beric Dondarrian not to mention Jaime, the Hound etc.

I mean what's not to love? We saw everyone from Sam to Varys to Euron and the Greyjoys, along with every major character except Melisandre within 60 minutes and it all made sense. They were gathering for the war at Winterfell and some of our heroes don't know each other or get along because of certain past events.

That to me is good writing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Bran: We don't have time for all of this. The Night King has your dragon, he's one of them now. The wall has fallen. The dead march south.
    Dany, Jon, and Sansa: Ok... WTF?!?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts

That's great!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (04-15-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Bran: We don't have time for all of this. The Night King has your dragon, he's one of them now. The wall has fallen. The dead march south.
    Cersei and Qyburn have those Twitter ravens. They got the same news about the Wall in one scene.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Typical bitchy Sansa - oh great, I only made dinner for me and Bran, now I've got dragons and an army to feed

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Dany looked genuinely horrified when Bran mentioned that the Night King had her other dragon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Typical bitchy Sansa - oh great, I only made dinner for me and Bran, now I've got dragons and an army to feed
    Someone has to do inventory control on the grain and mead.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Dany looked genuinely horrified when Bran mentioned that the Night King had her other dragon.
    Yeah didn't anyone tell her? There was only about 50 witnesses along with Jon when that happened. You would think she would somehow feel it

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    They do emotional facial expressions extraordinarily well on this show.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (04-15-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah didn't anyone tell her? There was only about 50 witnesses along with Jon when that happened. You would think she would somehow feel it
    I don't think anybody in Winterfell knew about the dragon's resurrection. Everybody that was at the wall when it fell, if they survived, were probably following the trail of the dead with Tormund and Beric. Jon wasn't there. He was busy tapping Dany's ass on the ship when the Night King attacked the wall.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 04-15-2019 at 06:31 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (04-15-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I don't think anybody in Winterfell knew about the dragon's resurrection. Everybody that was at the wall when it fell, if they survived, were probably following the trail of the dead with Tormund and Beric. Jon wasn't there. He was busy tapping Dany's ass on the ship when the Night King attacked the wall.
    Thanks. I thought Jon watch the Night King do the javelin thing to the dragon or had at least heard about it. He was boinking Dany on the boat while Tormund and co were running for their lives.

So Jon now knows Dany is his Auntie. Someone on the net thinks he may rebel against her at one point if she gets too wacky and cwazy with the fire. I think she's going to make it to the end.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks. I thought Jon watch the Night King do the javelin thing to the dragon or had at least heard about it. He was boinking Dany on the boat while Tormund and co were running for their lives.

So Jon now knows Dany is his Auntie. Someone on the net thinks he may rebel against her at one point if she gets too wacky and cwazy with the fire. I think she's going to make it to the end.
    Yeah, they all saw the dragon die, but no one saw the Night King resurrect it. When the Night King was having all those wights drag it up from the bottom of the lake (sea?) all the living had long since departed for south of the wall.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-15-2019), Hal-9000 (04-15-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Yeah, I wonder how Dany is going to take the news that (A) Jon Snow is her nephew and (B) that he is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne.

Jon: Sooooo...where are your dragons right now? I think we have something to talk about.

Dany: Oh they're right here *dragons pop their heads up from behind a wall*

Jon: Oh, nevermind, it can wait

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-15-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, I wonder how Dany is going to take the news that (A) Jon Snow is her nephew and (B) that he is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne.

Jon: Sooooo...where are your dragons right now? I think we have something to talk about.

Dany: Oh they're right here *dragons pop their heads up from behind a wall*

Jon: Oh, nevermind, it can wait
    Word on the street is that Dany is a pretty uppity queen and wants all to kneel before her no matter what.

Kinda cool thinking she is Rhaegar Targaryen's little sister. If she believes the story about Jon, he does get the nod for succession.

Ok the dragons. Pervy or angry when watching Jon kissing Dany?