Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1731

Thread: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I don't think you need to spoiler tag things in here If you read what's in here before you see the current episodes then it's on the reader.

And as to that little tidbit you spoilered:

Maisie Williams Thought Her Big Game of Thrones Scene With Gendry Was a ‘Prank’
    By Halle Kiefer - Vulture

Spoilers ahead! Perhaps like you, when Maisie Williams realized her Game of Thrones character Arya was about to have sex for the first time with her longtime friend Gendry, played by Joe Dempsie, during Sunday-night’s season-eight episode “A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms,” she assumed the scene was a practical joke. “At first, I thought it was a prank,” the actress told Entertainment Weekly, “I was like, ‘Yo, good one.’ And [the showrunners were] like, ‘No, we haven’t done that this year.’ Oh fuck!”

Shock aside, Williams says Game of Thrones creators David Benioff and Dan Weiss asked her to pick whatever level of nudity felt right for the scene, a choice presumably complicated by the dozens of other sex scenes in the series. “David and Dan were like: ‘You can show as much or as little as you want,’” explained Williams. “So I kept myself pretty private. I don’t think it’s important for Arya to flash. This beat isn’t really about that. And everybody else has already done it on the show, so …”

Adding to the inherent weirdness in taking your top off at work is the fact Williams has been a part of the Game of Thrones cast since she was 11, essentially growing up alongside her castmates. “It’s obviously slightly strange for me because I’ve known Maisie since she was 11, 12 years old,” Dempsie added. “At the same time, I don’t want to be patronizing toward Maisie — she’s a 20-year-old woman. So we just had a lot of fun with it.”

And in the end, if Arya should lose her life to the army of the dead, isn’t it probably better she had one last normal coming-of-age experience before she shuffles off Westeros’s mortal coil? “This maybe is a moment where Arya accepts death tomorrow, which she never does — ‘Not today,’” Williams muses. “So it was that moment where she says, ‘We’re probably going to die tomorrow, I want to know what this feels like before that happens.’ It’s interesting to see Arya be a bit more human, speak more normally about things people are scared of.”

================================================== ======

Pretty cool that they gave her control over the scene to show as much or as little as she wanted.

XXX Ayra!!!

Did you catch that post-sex look on her face? Methinks Gendry is a better armorer than lover

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Is the big woman still here??!

He was excellent in this episode.

I would knight her 10 times!
    Giant's milk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (04-22-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The internet is already freaking out. "Only 6 episodes and we get another hour of character exposition and table setting?"

I didn't mind a little more time with the characters. It felt like the last summer together after high school finishes.

It would be a shame to have all of these show superstars in one place without some extended exchanges and encounters before they die.

And Arya. My Lord it was like walking in on your little sister and also a very natural human thing for the character to do.

These people all think they're going to die tomorrow. For most of them the gallows humor and bonding made a lot of sense.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Giant's milk
    After Tormund told the part about getting nursed for three months the look on Jaime's face was perfect

WTF???

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The internet is already freaking out. "Only 6 episodes and we get another hour of character exposition and table setting?"

I didn't mind a little more time with the characters. It felt like the last summer together after high school finishes.

It would be a shame to have all of these show superstars in one place without some extended exchanges and encounters before they die.

And Arya. My Lord it was like walking in on your little sister and also a very natural human thing for the character to do.

These people all think they're going to die tomorrow. For most of them the gallows humor and bonding made a lot of sense.
    I thought the last 2 episodes were very well done. Even though they weren't heavy on 'action' the pacing was quick and it went by fast. None of it seemed to be filler at all. It's exactly what it should have been IMHO.

Besides, the whiners will get what they want, the White Walkers are there now, so it will be on soon enough.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (04-22-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    After Tormund told the part about getting nursed for three months the look on Jaime's face was perfect

WTF???
    And Ser Davos reaction: I think I will have that drink.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-22-2019), Hal-9000 (04-22-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I thought the last 2 episodes were very well done. Even though they weren't heavy on 'action' the pacing was quick and it went by fast. None of it seemed to be filler at all. It's exactly what it should have been IMHO.

Besides, the whiners will get what they want, the White Walkers are there now, so it will be on soon enough.
    For sure. Almost everyone from the show except Cersei and Qyburn are at Winterfell (except some Iron Island people and they don't count). So it serves the show to have some interactions between a cast that has relationships going back seven seasons.

If you look at the whiteboard there's going to be a battle against the White Walkers and probably one against Cersei. They could wrap that show in two episodes if they wanted to.

I agree with podcast guy - On a regular season of Game of Thrones you normally only get one huge battle scene.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And Ser Davos reaction: I think I will have that drink.

Would have been great if Brienne just grabbed Tormund and said - Oh alright let's get this over with.
    Last edited by Hal-9000; 04-22-2019 at 02:41 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-22-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (04-22-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Sooooooo....any guesses on who the first major character to die will be?

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I put up a death pool draft chart and was soundly ignored

They all will live, Cersie will invite everyone south for a banquet and all will be forgiven

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I put up a death pool draft chart and was soundly ignored

They all will live, Cersie will invite everyone south for a banquet and all will be forgiven
    I'm not asking the disposition of the entire cast, just who will die first

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    You could have picked one, two or ten people to die!

Now it's too late

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    This is a post I made somewhere else about two weeks ago with predictions:

"Let's include anyone who's alive right now and has spoken more than one line (not Ed Sheeran). Cersei down to Gendry.

I'm gonna say Jaime, Jorah and Gilly die, and Tyrion, Sansa and Arya live.

Leftover ruler will be Dany."

The world is saying Arya dies and Jaime lives so I went against that a little.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Did anyone happen to catch Creepy Bran's fifth Beatle imitation?

The things we do for love!

I know it was a callback to Jaime's line right after he pushed Bran off the ledge, but ffs it seemed so out of place as usual

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    This is a post I made somewhere else about two weeks ago with predictions:

"Let's include anyone who's alive right now and has spoken more than one line (not Ed Sheeran). Cersei down to Gendry.

I'm gonna say Jaime, Jorah and Gilly die, and Tyrion, Sansa and Arya live.

Leftover ruler will be Dany."

The world is saying Arya dies and Jaime lives so I went against that a little.
    One of the big theories is that Jamie will be the one that kills Cersei, so people are saying that he will survive the battle against the dead.

Then, I saw multiple theories about the song Podrick sang. It's about some peasant chick (I forget the name of the song off the top of my head) and she ended up marrying the next heir to the throne and he gave up everything to marry her because he loved her. People are saying THAT is foreshadowing of Jon giving up his right to the throne for Dany because he loves her.