Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Totally disgusted....

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    another little retail pet peeve I've noticed lately...you hold out your hand for your change or debit receipt and the guy puts it down on the counter..away from your open hand.

Now I always say - YOU MISSED!...and walk away in a huff

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Is an angry email really gunna do shit though?!?
    yes it will !!!

after recently getting ripped off by a local car garage, i ranted and raved to the mrs, she took note of everything i said and fired off an email to the head office of the company. i told her it wouldnt make any difference, they probably wont even read it.

3 days or so later she gets a phone call, its from some manager in the company, and he's offered to refund 75% of what i was over charged. the next day the cheque lands through the letterbox!!

and yeah you guessed it the mrs was sat there all smug and the 'i told you so' look writen all over her face.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    another little retail pet peeve I've noticed lately...you hold out your hand for your change or debit receipt and the guy puts it down on the counter..away from your open hand.

i hate that too!

one of my least favourite things when i have to work on the reception desk here at the gym is when people walk in with their membership card in their mouth and hand it to me with the end that was just in their mouth!!!

i tell them to scan the card, and get the look of disgust from many . . . . yeah well dipshit, how do i know you wernt just give some dirty tramp a bj before you came in!?!?!

apologies for teh poor spelling and grammar. Engrish isn’t this users strong point!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post

Yeah that irritates me as well.. I always look them in the eye and say in a moderately stern voice.. "Thaaaanks"..

He who laughs, lasts. Noilly Pratt's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 705 Posts
    I would have done the same, GF. Fine, talking to each other I might let it pass, but they have a job where their laziness and uncleanliness could spell disaster.

I was at a party with a bunch of Kindergarten parents and I complained about our local Safeway having their coolers for their milk too warm...the milk consistently went bad before. Others at the party agreed with me.

Little did I know that one of the dads I was talking to...his dad is the Safeway CEO! They take complaints like that really seriously and asked me to submit it in writing. We did, and the manager was told and I see now all the fridges were replaced.

They will respond, 'cause they have a waiting list of people wanting to work there because of their benefit plan.

Signature created way-back-when by Goofy

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    ALDI will put all of them out of business eventually.