Thread: [ANDROID] Save a Bit of Battery with Optimus Battery Saver

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,139 Times in 1,281 Posts

Advice [ANDROID] Save a Bit of Battery with Optimus Battery Saver

Battery saving apps are everywhere, all with varying degrees of efficacy. Rooted phones can have their CPUs underclocked, have custom ROMs installed, and enjoy a bunch of tweaks. Non-rooted phones, however, are quite limited in their struggle for decent battery life, usually only being able to turn down the screen brightness or turning off WiFi and mobile data. So the differentiating factors among these apps usually come down to their ability to automate such rituals and routines to not only save battery, but to save people’s time.

Developed by XDA Forum Member SocialNetis, Optimus Battery Saver aims to automate these battery saving rituals and routines. Presented with a pleasant and intuitive interface, Optimus Battery Saver has multiple modes suiting differing situations. The General mode allow users to deactivate WiFi and mobile data connections when the screen goes off, and re-enable them when the you want to use your device again, as well as set the frequency for these connections to be made in order to synchronize and update various apps. The night mode allows one to set the time when all connections are to be halted, and the Super Saving mode allow you to either disable connections or have a set frequency of re-connections when your battery level falls below a certain percentage. There’s also a handy little widget allowing for quick activation and deactivation of different modes.

Optimus Battery Saver, although not revolutionary, is a well polished and thought out application that automates the battery saving rituals users go through every day. It’s pleasant to look at and work with, and once configured, won’t bother users daily activities on their devices. It’s available for free from the Play store, and more information and details can be found in the original thread.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jezter For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-24-2013)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Are you using it Jez? Better than Juice Defender?

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    I didn't like JD. I'll try this. Thanks.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    FYI, with this active it disables packet data apparently. I can't get picture texts without it on. JD did the same thing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, I uninstalled this one too. I don't want to have to keep going in to enable packet data every time I get an MMS. I appreciate it though!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tehlancinator View Post
    Are you using it Jez? Better than Juice Defender?
    I just started yesterday when I found it. I think it is pretty new. Can't tell until like a week of use.
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Yeah, I uninstalled this one too. I don't want to have to keep going in to enable packet data every time I get an MMS. I appreciate it though!
    Dude...duuuude... you didn't read the instructions, did you!?
    The General mode allow users to deactivate WiFi and mobile data connections when the screen goes off, and re-enable them when the you want to use your device again, as well as set the frequency for these connections to be made in order to synchronize and update various apps.
    You don't have to do it manually at all if you just set the app right. It is not App error, it is user error...just like in JD.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jezter For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (03-25-2013)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezter View Post
    I just started yesterday when I found it. I think it is pretty new. Can't tell until like a week of use.
    Let me know your review....I have the paid full version of JD, so I don't wanna switch unless this a LOT better.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezter View Post

Dude...duuuude... you didn't read the instructions, did you!?

You don't have to do it manually at all if you just set the app right. It is not App error, it is user error...just like in JD.

No need to be an asshole. I had it set to reactivate mobile but it failed to do so for packet data specifically.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    No need to be an asshole. I had it set to reactivate mobile but it failed to do so for packet data specifically.
    I wasn't aware I was being an asshole...
    However, Im still fairly sure it is just your settings that are not correct for your usage. Maybe take a screenshot of your settings?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tehlancinator View Post
    Let me know your review....I have the paid full version of JD, so I don't wanna switch unless this a LOT better.
    There's no need to switch from JD to this. I mean, Optimus does the same thing as JD, but if you have the paid version, you get even more control and features. Optimus is clean, fast and easy to set up and does what it is supposed to do. So it works, but so does JD.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jezter For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (04-01-2013)