Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football Thread

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    I think we'd need a larger playoff format to even consider including them.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Conspiracy James Carville calls ESPN 'gutless' over apology to SEC for his Alabama theory

By Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

James Carville, the former lead strategist for Bill Clinton’s presidential campaign, slammed ESPN on Saturday after the network issued an apology for his theory the SEC is essentially working for Alabama.

Carville, 74, appeared on ESPN’s “College Gameday” and offered a hot take about the suspension of LSU linebacker Devin White, who didn’t appear in the first half of the game against Alabama because of a targeting penalty he received the week before against Mississippi State.

Carville, who graduated from LSU, said on the network it wasn’t a coincidence White was suspended.

“Tennessee’s best defensive player couldn’t play against Alabama because of the SEC. Missouri’s best defensive player couldn’t play against Alabama because the SEC kicked him out. [Texas] A&M’s best defensive player couldn’t play against Alabama ’cause [sic] he was taken out,” Carville said.

“And now, the best defensive player in the conference is not going to play the first half for nothing. He did nothing wrong.”

Carville had also written an op-ed in The Advocate in late October calling on SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey to overturn the suspension.

“In the name of all that is right, holy and just in this world, I beg SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey— tear this abomination of a decision down now,” he wrote.

ESPN issued an apology over Carville’s statement on the SEC.

“While appearing as a guest on ‘College GameDay’ earlier today, James Carville offered his thoughts on SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey,” ESPN said in a statement. “As we regularly demonstrate here on ESPN, diverse opinions are encouraged. However, these actions were over the top, and we would like to apologize to Commissioner Sankey for them.”

Carville didn’t take too kindly to ESPN’s apology. He tweeted a picture of himself hours before kickoff calling the network “gutless.”

“Grabbing bite to eat @philsoysterbar⁩ and I see gutless ESPN cut in their show to bow down to the SEC. well I got documentary evidence they knew what they were gonna get on air but still can’t help but suck up to power,” Carville tweeted.

It didn’t appear White would have made a huge difference in the ball game. Alabama defeated LSU, 29-0.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (11-28-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Okay, final week.

#1 Alabama will easily beat #4 Georgia
    #2 Clemson will easily beat unranked Pitt
    #3 Notre Dame is finished at 12-0

That leaves Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, and UCF on the bubble.

#5 Oklahoma plays #14 Texas
    #6 Ohio State plays #21 Northwestern
    #7 Michigan is done after getting their asses kicked by Ohio State
    #8 Undefeated UCF plays unranked Memphis with a backup quarterback after the starter was injured.

If UCF finishes unbeaten after winning with a backup, I vote let the 4 undefeated teams play for the championship. #2 Clemson has only played 2 ranked opponents #19 and #20 and only beat them by 2 points each.
    Michigan plays Northwestern in the B10 championship
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (11-29-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Soooooo...Alabama v Clemson final then

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post

Soooooo...Alabama v Clemson final then
    I don't think so. I still don't think Clemson's that good.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I don't think Notre Dame is that good

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I don't think Notre Dame is that good
    They have God on their side.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    They have God on their side.
    Then why are they only #3?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

SJW BACKLASH GROWS: Thousands Express Outrage At Hit Piece Over Heisman Winner's Tweets From When He Was 14

By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

Outrage continued to grow on Sunday over a hit piece written by USA Today blogger Scott Gleeson about Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray, who just won the Heisman Trophy.

Gleeson wrote an article shaming Murray immediately after he won college football's top individual award, over some tweets that he wrote when he was as young as 14-years-old.

"But the Oklahoma quarterback's memorable night also helped resurface social media's memory of several homophobic tweets more than six years old," Gleeson wrote. "When Murray was 15 years old, he tweeted at his friends (via his since-verified Twitter account) using an anti-gay slur to defame them."

Gleeson later updated his piece to include Murray's apology, claiming that the star quarterback "took accountability" after Gleeson's hit piece on him.

The backlash to Gleeson's absurd piece exploded on Sunday morning, with tens of thousands of people expressing outrage over the fact that this blogger decided to attack a young man during one of the greatest moments of his life over comments he made years prior when he was 14. On the initial tweet from USA Today alone, more than 6,900 people commented on it with nearly all the comments disapproving of the article.

Here are some of the top responses to Gleeson's article that got the most traction on social media:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (12-10-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Then why are they only #3?
    God doesn't brag.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

Outrage continued to grow on Sunday over a hit piece written by USA Today blogger Scott Gleeson about Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray, who just won the Heisman Trophy.

Gleeson wrote an article shaming Murray immediately after he won college football's top individual award, over some tweets that he wrote when he was as young as 14-years-old.

"But the Oklahoma quarterback's memorable night also helped resurface social media's memory of several homophobic tweets more than six years old," Gleeson wrote. "When Murray was 15 years old, he tweeted at his friends (via his since-verified Twitter account) using an anti-gay slur to defame them."

Gleeson later updated his piece to include Murray's apology, claiming that the star quarterback "took accountability" after Gleeson's hit piece on him.

The backlash to Gleeson's absurd piece exploded on Sunday morning, with tens of thousands of people expressing outrage over the fact that this blogger decided to attack a young man during one of the greatest moments of his life over comments he made years prior when he was 14. On the initial tweet from USA Today alone, more than 6,900 people commented on it with nearly all the comments disapproving of the article.

Here are some of the top responses to Gleeson's article that got the most traction on social media:

Nobody posted "USA Today is a bunch of fucking faggots" in response? Gutless rump rangers.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Didn't watch the game last night, but was reading about it, quite amazing what Clemson pulled off last night:

- worst loss for Alabama since Saban has been head coach
    - first loss by at least 20 points since 2003
    - Clemson QB was a 19 yo true freshman (first to start and win national title in 33 years)
    - 44 points by Clemson is tied for second most allowed under Saban at Alabama

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Saban's gonna dismiss the entire squad and recruit like crazy for the next season.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Another one:

- Clemson became the first team in modern college football history to finish a season 15-0 and the first overall to do so since Penn in 1897