Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: School Has Become Too Hostile to Boys

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Screw you man.. I bet im more in the know than you are...
    really. So justify your position, Mr. in-the-know. Did you observe the plummeting rates of college admissions and graduations for boys? Did you observe the sheer devastation of the male workforce in the most recent recession? Did you observe that more females hold managerial jobs than men? Did you observe that girls outperform boys in school by every measure? What exactly have you observed?
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    We know whos in charge and what the ideal american way of life is geared towards.. How about football? Name one female sport with 1/4 that draw.. But look.. Im pecking on an ipad and struggling here to write my thesis right now..

He who laughs, lasts. Noilly Pratt's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 705 Posts
    As a parent, if you think that your school is biasing more towards girls, or there's any trouble brewing - get active and have a voice. Be part of the PTA or volunteer in some way. My daughter's principal knows us by first name because we are keenly in there and not interfering but taking an active role. And both my wife and I work so people saying they have no time to do it are wrong...it just requires management and sacrifices. I don't go out "with the boys" much anymore and just see friends on weekends. That's fine. Now's the time when my family needs me the most.

The last principal they had at her school was not really decisive and if a problem was presented he swept it under the rug. Well a few concerned parents voiced their concerns to the PTA, took him to task on a few of his decisions and he was eventually transferred out to a smaller school where his hands-off style was better suited. This new principal is much more in touch with his teachers and more hands on, and where my daughter was floundering in math, she's now excelling because a few concerned parents voiced it, and did something about it.

Many parents (this was in grade 2-3 believe it or not!) decided to transfer their kid out and now they're realizing that they've traded one problem for another. We stayed along with about 4 other parents who were keenly interested, and now (going into Grade 5) we've made it into something better and found a staff that is willing to listen to us.

Signature created way-back-when by Goofy

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    We know whos in charge and what the ideal american way of life is geared towards.. How about football? Name one female sport with 1/4 that draw.. But look.. Im pecking on an ipad and struggling here to write my thesis right now..
    In charge? You think men are in charge? Please tell me how men are in charge. That's laughable. It's the same as the racial issues. You are viewing it through a 1950's lens that simply doesn't apply. So, you're basing your position on gender issues on who's sport draws more? wtf. Really, have you given this any attention or are you just spewing randomly?

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noilly Pratt View Post
    As a parent, if you think that your school is biasing more towards girls, or there's any trouble brewing - get active and have a voice. Be part of the PTA or volunteer in some way. My daughter's principal knows us by first name because we are keenly in there and not interfering but taking an active role. And both my wife and I work so people saying they have no time to do it are wrong...it just requires management and sacrifices. I don't go out "with the boys" much anymore and just see friends on weekends. That's fine. Now's the time when my family needs me the most.

The last principal they had at her school was not really decisive and if a problem was presented he swept it under the rug. Well a few concerned parents voiced their concerns to the PTA, took him to task on a few of his decisions and he was eventually transferred out to a smaller school where his hands-off style was better suited. This new principal is much more in touch with his teachers and more hands on, and where my daughter was floundering in math, she's now excelling because a few concerned parents voiced it, and did something about it.

Many parents (this was in grade 2-3 believe it or not!) decided to transfer their kid out and now they're realizing that they've traded one problem for another. We stayed along with about 4 other parents who were keenly interested, and now (going into Grade 5) we've made it into something better and found a staff that is willing to listen to us.
    Yes, I agree Noilly, involvement is the key.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    You have made zero effort to get informed and expect me to engage this. Fuck that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    In charge? You think men are in charge? Please tell me how men are in charge. That's laughable. It's the same as the racial issues. You are viewing it through a 1950's lens that simply doesn't apply. So, you're basing your position on gender issues on who's sport draws more? wtf. Really, have you given this any attention or are you just spewing randomly?
    *spewwwws* That was only one example. There are many more.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    *spewwwws* That was only one example. There are many more.
    Oh please, enlighten me.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    How about our elected leaders? Tell me that isn't one big cock waving session...

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    How about our elected leaders? Tell me that isn't one big cock waving session...
    I will agree that women are underrepresented in elected officials. However, that's the voting public's decision, not a discriminatory practice. So why do we not suggest that men need to be better represented in female dominated professions?