vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    The movie rights are going to be worth BILLIONS

fook me, I'll go see it even if Tom Cruise is starring
    Can't wait for the movie, in particular showing the politics behind this escafacade

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    it's funny...I work with a few East Indians.We were talking about the cultural differences with them
    can vouch for that..........used to work with a guy who was sikh.....as english as they come tho .....his dad was indian immigrant, his mother was a few generations here...nice guy....................we had an agency worker come in one night to do some work for a supplier who had fucked up.............he was muslim...again his dad was the immigrant from pakistan, he had been born here....................i honestly thought we were going to have a punch up cos the atmosphere was electric.....i said to Raj what was up...he replied 'filthy paki muslim...dont trust him'.....i said how can you tell hes a muslim or a paki?.....he said 'cant you tell??????!!!!!!' ...the pair of them spent an 8 hour shift staring each other down

They say that life's a carousel, Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well. The world is full of Kings and Queens, Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Just listening to the radio - a Pakistani historian/political commentator interview.

He was saying that there was no way Bin Laden could have moved in there without knowledge and protection and secondly that the US must have known for some time that OBL was living there (they would have only needed to ask their allies right ).

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    can vouch for that..........used to work with a guy who was sikh.....as english as they come tho .....his dad was indian immigrant, his mother was a few generations here...nice guy....................we had an agency worker come in one night to do some work for a supplier who had fucked up.............he was muslim...again his dad was the immigrant from pakistan, he had been born here....................i honestly thought we were going to have a punch up cos the atmosphere was electric.....i said to Raj what was up...he replied 'filthy paki muslim...dont trust him'.....i said how can you tell hes a muslim or a paki?.....he said 'cant you tell??????!!!!!!' ...the pair of them spent an 8 hour shift staring each other down
    One step further....two of the East Indian guys are Christians, one is Punjabi....the other old guy (we call him Gandhi's Dad) is from Africa and he's Muslim.

Confused yet?

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepsepia View Post
    Whaddya think? Is Rush being sincere? Or sarcastic? or both?
    Quote Originally Posted by thelancinator View Post
    I go with sarcastic....Limbaugh is a pompous windbag that only talks to hear himself talk
    Told ya

Was Rush Limbaugh's Praise of President Obama All Sarcasm?
    By Sara Hammel - People Magazine

President Barack Obama received bipartisan praise for his handling of the operation to kill Osama bin Laden – but was there one high-profile exception?

Rush Limbaugh opened his radio show Monday with effusive – and highly uncharacteristic – praise, ending with, "Thank God for President Obama."

But later in the show, Limbaugh broke into laughter while reading aloud a publication that appeared to take his earlier comments literally.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    he other old guy (we call him Gandhi's Dad) is from Africa and he's Muslim.

Confused yet?
    actually...no.....you need to know some history of the British Empire...........back in victorian days they had this idea to build a railway from uganda to kenya and the indian ocean...plus lots of others in africa to set up a rail network.........cos they needed skilled labour to do it they 'imported' it from india where we had the railways running for a long time.......skilled labour and management were from india.....so of course theres lots of their descendants in africa today..........famously idi amin threw them all out of uganda back in the 70's when he was in charge......and the way i understood it, back in apartheid days in south africa the indian population made up a third 'class' besides black and white, and didnt qualify as either!!

They say that life's a carousel, Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well. The world is full of Kings and Queens, Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    I wonder about the exact moment...the strike team goes in, they start a firefight and then someone pulls the ankles of a dead, elderly dude and realizes it's the head cheese.

I know they're professionals but I bet at least one American let out a WOOT! or a Fucking EH Bubba!!!!
    I bet they did a :cheerlead

I want one!!

Quote Originally Posted by St. George View Post
    Take it as you want Lance. You have nearly 3 times more posts than Hal so I clearly have no chance of convincing you of my sarcastic nature.

Maybe if i'd used this smiley >>>>> a few hundred nore times that would help.

Quote Originally Posted by St. George View Post
    Well it was nice knowing some of you guys then!

Regards

St. G.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Here in the states.

What I noticed yesterday... (aside from FBD )

We weren't Republicans or Democrats... This guys death brought us all together as 'Americans'..

At least for one day...

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Hopefully it will last longer than a day

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I thought this was pretty cool...the scene at the Mets/Phillies game when the news broke Sunday evening