Thread: Me, my wife and my live-in girlfriend: Polyamorous couple on sharing their bed with another woman - and how it benefits their six-year-old son

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Lifestyle Me, my wife and my live-in girlfriend: Polyamorous couple on sharing their bed with another woman - and how it benefits their six-year-old son

By Sadie Whitelocks - The Daily Mail

A married couple who identify as polyamorists have opened up about their unconventional relationship, revealing how an active sex life boosts their mood and keeps them fit.

Kamala Devi and Michael McClure, aged 38 and 49 respectively, swore off monogamy from day one. They have up to a dozen different lovers each - some to themselves and some who they share.

Six months ago they welcomed 27-year-old bisexual Rachel Rickards into their home in San Diego, California, and now the three of them enjoy each other's company - and bodies.

'One of my favoroite things since we all lived together is actually the fact that we do more exercise. It's so improved my live,' Ms Devi told ABC News, while Mr McClure interjected: 'And your butt.'

They say that Ms Rickards also provides a helping hand when it comes to raising their six-year-old son, Devin. He was educated about his unusual family set-up from a young age.

Addressing concerns about how he might be effected by the situation Mr McClure said: 'He understands the word "polyamory."

'He understands what that means. He doesn't really know what sex is yet.'

'He has so much love and he has so many aunties and uncles,' Ms Devi also said in a previous interview, likening her lovers to family members.

Indeed, Devin appears to enjoy having 'two mothers' around the house.

In one frame during the ABC News interview the youngster says: 'I'm so grateful for this loving family that lives here.'

For those who maybe confused as to what polyamory is, Dr Karen Stewart, a sex therapist in Los Angeles, said: 'Polyamory is not about being swingers. It's not about the one-off weekend with the couple we met at the bar.

'It's about forming long and lasting and loving relationships.'

However, she admitted that Ms Devi and Mr McClure's son might find their polyamorous relationship hard to understand later in life, especially when he realizes that friends' situations are different.

'When he goes to school and in ten years brings dates home, this is probably going to be a little complicated for him,' she said.

'I'm not sure if the parents are thinking down the road about that.'

But Ms Devi believes by the time Devin is a teenager polyamory will be 'a new paradigm'.

'It is quite normal already. It's just not out of the closet,' Mr McClure added.

It was originally his decision to have Ms Rickards move in, after he met the pretty brunette on holiday.

Ms Devi, a full-time sex and relationship coach, approved the arrangement because she saw her husband so 'happy' – not because she was worried about losing him to a younger model.

In fact, she had been dating another woman named Roxanne for two years anyway and only saw it fair that Mr McClure pursued someone of interest too.

Ms Rickards, who also divides her time between two boyfriends and a girlfriend, isn't the first person to have lived with Ms Devi and Mr McClure.

Tahl Gruer and Jennifer Gold, who have been married for nine years and practicing polyamory for three, cohabited with the couple for two years.

During their time together the foursome enjoyed exploring meditation, yoga and Tantric sex.

In one YouTube video, the four are seen cosied up on a sofa giving tips on how to have 'sizzling sex'.

And photos of them on Facebook show them partner swapping, with Mr Gruer planting a kiss on Ms Devi's cheek in one shot and touching Mr McClure's clothed thigh in another.

Ms Devi and Mr McClure say the three rules they live by are, 'safe sex', 'no drama' and 'honesty'.

'That first rule is really about making sure that we've created the space to have the conversation,' Ms Devi explained.

This kind of 'polyamorous' relationship is becoming increasingly common, experts say.

"The divorce rate in the United States is over 50per cent. People are not staying nearly as faithful they used to,' said Dr. Stewart.

'The world has become a much smaller place. We can seek out connections, there's dating sites on every street corner. You can go anywhere to meet someone now.'

Ms Devi and Mr McClure, who have been married for 12 years, say their aim is to continue growing their polyamorous community and 'potentially even get a hotel' where they can stay with all of their lovers combined.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    ahhh, good times!

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Wait for it....

So why aren't they allowed to get married?

That slippery slope argument is obviously just homophobic propaganda.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Living large!