Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Teh Jags

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    its funny how many offers my buddy has had on these. many of them, swindle attempts, veritably. most try to assert that since the gold jag has been modified its not really worth much whereas Lee Holman said you have a truly, truly rare gem someone offered dave 60k for all 3 a month ago. turned that down right next to that $40k offer for the Neve board that Vintage King tossed at us (so you assholes can do the cap job I just did and then charge someone $70k+ for it? fuck you people!)

He who laughs, lasts. Noilly Pratt's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 705 Posts
    I bet you get Lenny Kravitz interested if you have a Neve board - he collects rare recording stuff like that and uses them in his recordings. He has the board from Abbey Road studios.

As for the Jags...thanks for the progress report, even if it's only people offering $.

You should approach the Speed channel or whatever passes for such nowadays and have them film the resurrection...more revenue streams!

Signature created way-back-when by Goofy

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Its amazing how much business we're already getting because of it - at least half a dozen bands already want a piece of that Hell our recording buddy Jimmy in RI fried and sold his Toft board and bought a newer better one, apparently throwing a neve tantrum, he's salivated over them forever (but no way in hell will he ever own one....just like if we didnt have one bequeathed from the heavens, no fuggin way we ever would have bought a neve board.) Cool because there's seriously only a handful of these left, its definitely a huge attraction - good enough that it pretty much makes us a mastering house as well as a recording studio. Glad to see that 15 years of polishing digital turds is beginning to show some shine We'll probably be up and running well by the time INC is ready to record another album, it would be killer to get a name that big. Since the guitarist in Idiot Excuse that writes all the stuff for it plays bass for INC, that might just be a possibility...singer Dennis was at our show saturday, very nice guy....he goes jesus christ, you remind me of flea I think the only other relatively big name that has been tossed around is the printer/copier guy that does work for dave.....actually is like involved in being drummer for....wtf's his name...david coverdale? Hey, that's fuggin whitesnake, aint it? He inquired about recording his drums for whatever's next - at our place!

Yeah, that's why I've been spending 30+ hours a week working on this stuff until it is ready to go, I still have an assload of wiring and soldering to do.

In jagland, I think the gold one will be leaving my garage soon and going to dave's, I think swayback is FINALLY done working on his damn Ranger so that opens a bay up for us to get the jag in there, get that engine taken out....and we are thinking of perhaps using a couple engine stands and build a fuggin spit roaster for the body....it is going to need a TON of work.

One other good thing there is that our relatively new drummer for At Wits End also happens to be an unbelievable car/body/paint guy - to enough of an extent people seek him out and he can name his own price....he is *that* good that it doesnt really matter that he's got header pipes tattooed out the sides of his neck, has sleeves, big chest and back piece, couple on his face, one around the back of his head....and people dont give two shits because its the work they are about

I'm gonna have him paint that dimebag guitar...I wanted to have that done this year but looks like once again I have a thousand other things that wind up coming before it. fuggit, glad it at least has strings on it for now so I can at least play it!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FBD For This Useful Post:

Goofy (09-23-2014), KevinD (09-24-2014)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Rumour has it that ladies undergarments fall off at the sight of a fully restored E-Type

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

FBD (09-24-2014)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    Rumour has it that ladies undergarments fall off at the sight of a fully restored E-Type
    mine too.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I got to ride in an friend's E-Type when I was 17. Bought it for $10,000 then sold it for $15,000 and thought he made out like a bandit. A 2+2...supposedly rare because it was when they were changing over from '67 to '68 bodies (series 1 to series 2), this one got a raked '68 windshield, but its registration was the last of the '67s.

Probably bogus, but a nice car fable.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    gotta love car fables

dave's uncle that rents the property has a few nifty cars too...and he just looooove to rev those engines and do burnouts.

doofus did one sunday on the....80 or so yards of street in front of the place with his sub 9 second late 80s mustang that has....some serious junk under the hood (as in you need to go to the back of the car and flip a switch to engage the fuel cell and shit) .... so he goes to do a burnout down the street, throttle got stuck 3/4 open...he came sooooooooooooooooo close to nailing this honda accord that was parked on the street trying to control the thing

but his brother's car....is one that will wind up on some album - he's got this really nice maverick, we brought a mic into the garage and recorded it starting up one day that sounded absolutely amazing. Sometime soon we are going to get 2 mics in there and record it stereo proper so it can be a song intro or something.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    ahahahahaha apparently there's video of that, I will attempt to obtain it

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Still havent been able to get my hands on that vid...

and in other news, goodbye AMX. we hoped to restore the thing, but its like 5th in line and there is no chance in hell of it getting restored anytime soon. fuggin green with a 390 in it and everything.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,886 Posts
    The guys on AMX forums might pay well for numbers matching

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    hm...not sure to what extent it was numbers matching. already gone though! 4000 bucks, somewhat beat up, not running, definitely needed body work.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I hear with American Motors cars, Numbers-matching is on a whole other level - the VIN tells you a lot about the equipment the car had originally...

I remember a neighbour having a mid 70s Javelin and it was the brightest metallic green I've ever seen.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Nice! Yeah we talked for years about getting it going, but there were always mustangs in line ahead of it, now there's mustangs and jags ahead of it, it got like 5, 6 deep in the queue and nowhere to put it, work on it, etc. It needs welding and fender and quarter panel work, aint no gem that's for sure. But we do have the buyer's info...if in the future it gets found again, that's an option if the conditions are right...

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    check out this old find!

swayback still kicks himself every day. every. day. still to this day pops made him get rid of it in the gas crunch and 2 weeks later the buyer was a quadriplegic, unfortunately.
    Last edited by FBD; 04-28-2015 at 07:24 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    *drools at the thought*

Over 5K in 1969 would be about 30K now. Oh for a time travel machine!

I'd even take the '66 Fairlane GT mentioned as the trade.