Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Plants won't grow near Wi-Fi routers, experiment finds

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    eg

I trust the synaptic transference of electricity within my brain moreso than a wifi signal because......

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    all things in this universe are composed of particles....sound waves, light waves, your ass, doors, earth, gases, rocks, clouds...and ESPECIALLY, those electronic signals from phones, PC's, cars etc
    I think we need to tech you basic chemistry and the atomic structure.

Electronic signals are just electrons being directed to move through a medium from one point to another. That's all.

Sure, there are particles flying around all over the place, but for the most part, they've always been there. There's no definitive evidence at this point in time to suggest that the radiation used in wireless signals is harmful to the human body.

But I still don't want Verizon's fucking tower in my backyard.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Is my ass really composed of farticles?

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I think we need to tech you basic chemistry and the atomic structure.

Electronic signals are just electrons being directed to move through a medium from one point to another. That's all.

Sure, there are particles flying around all over the place, but for the most part, they've always been there. There's no definitive evidence at this point in time to suggest that the radiation used in wireless signals is harmful to the human body.

But I still don't want Verizon's fucking tower in my backyard.

I think we need to tech you spelling

Ok Mr I'm smarter than everyone.....science 101. Liquids, gas, solids...all composed of particles that move. Some are packed more densely than others, and move much slower, but particles all the same.

Same with electronic signals...they're not composed of nothing, otherwise they wouldn't exist. The signal in an optical cable for example...the signal is composed of electrons, protons, whatever-trons, point being....it's a real and palatable thing composed of particles.

Further...electricity from a wall socket. Stick your tongue in there and tell me the electricity wave is nothing....

and your last comment agrees with what I'm saying You get enough of those signals and no matter how harmless you think those signals are....the tower becomes a problem because?

did I pass?

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    From Wiki:

listen to hal and stay away from that shit, he's right!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Is my ass really composed of farticles?
    Large...farticles

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    and....

something to do with the actual composition of the wave.....c'mon, you know it
    Not really. Electromagnetic radiation that is actually harmful to cells has to do with the radiation's power and frequency.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    ya really

I'm telling you.....wifi, satellite signals, any electronic wave is not good...and we're becoming immersed in it.

I'll revisit the subject when your third ear grows and we can chat then..

sertes-9000

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Large...farticles

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    all kidding and kibitzing aside....it is an interesting experiment

"...that he is interested in repeating it in a controlled scientific environment."

I wonder how much traffic the two routers were handling in that room? And would the average human be exposed to more of this type of radiation wave during a normal day? And do the plants react differently to the waves (more adversely) than humans would?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I think we need to tech you spelling

Ok Mr I'm smarter than everyone.....science 101. Liquids, gas, solids...all composed of particles that move. Some are packed more densely than others, and move much slower, but particles all the same.

Same with electronic signals...they're not composed of nothing, otherwise they wouldn't exist. The signal in an optical cable for example...the signal is composed of electrons, protons, whatever-trons, point being....it's a real and palatable thing composed of particles.

Further...electricity from a wall socket. Stick your tongue in there and tell me the electricity wave is nothing....

and your last comment agrees with what I'm saying You get enough of those signals and no matter how harmless you think those signals are....the tower becomes a problem because?

did I pass?
    I swear I hit that damned 'a'.

Everything thing is made up of molecules which is made up of atoms, which is made up of protons, neutrons and electrons. We could go deeper with the protons and neutrons, but it's immaterial to the discussion. Solids have a more densely packed molecular structure, and the harder they are, the more densely packed the structure is. For example, the various forms of carbon. Liquids, gases and plasma are less densely packed than solids. They flow freely where solids do not.

No, electronic signals are just electrons. They're being directed to move through a medium, and yes a very high concentration can fuck you up. No other particles are involved in electronic signals. Electrons technically are weightless compared to protons and neutrons, but they do have a very small amount of mass and they do have a charge. They wouldn't be capable of motion without mass.

And the tower is a problem because it hurts property values and I like the view out my bedroom window of trees and no tower.

No, you do not pass. You made fun of my spelling error before I had a chance to catch it and edit it.

-5461 points to Hal.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    ya really

I'm telling you.....wifi, satellite signals, any electronic wave is not good...and we're becoming immersed in it.

I'll revisit the subject when your third ear grows and we can chat then..

sertes-9000
    Man, you are all about flipping me off today.

There's no current conclusive evidence that the radiation emitted by wifi, cell phones, etc have any effect on the human body. It may be that there is, it may be that there isn't. At this point we don't know. It doesn't help that both sides flood the argument with disinformation and scare tactics so that we can't wade through all of the horseshit and get to the facts that we're seeking.

But then again, officials change their minds all the time. You know fish oil supplements? How they used to say they're fantastic for you? Now they're saying that they're bad for your prostate. They need to make up their fucking minds.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    to revisit the actual point.....electronic signals are composed of particles, therefore they are not harmless. They have substance.

man made electronic signals are different than the chemical/electrical signals within our bodies firing neurons, relaying synaptic responses..

ergo, we have not been exposed to this new threat long enough to determine if it is harmless or not and you cannot compare our internal biology to a router signal

+4 million for hal

and DGX is a douche *

*see my next Wiki entry

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    all kidding and kibitzing aside....it is an interesting experiment

"...that he is interested in repeating it in a controlled scientific environment."

I wonder how much traffic the two routers were handling in that room? And would the average human be exposed to more of this type of radiation wave during a normal day? And do the plants react differently to the waves (more adversely) than humans would?

My computer is right next to my bed and it's connected to my gateway wirelessly. I frequently leave the computer and gateway on when I go to sleep. If I end up getting brain cancer later on in life, remember this exchange.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Scientific fact: if you are exposed to radio waves, your penis will fall off