#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Fail Android tablet delivered by UPS left, ‘In Black Trash Can’

By Charlene Sakoda - Yahoo! News

Tracey Sole, a mother in Barnhart, Missouri was understandably upset when she read a UPS InfoNotice indicating that the new Android tablet she purchased for her daughter’s Christmas gift was left, “In Black Trash Can.” The delivery was made on garbage pickup day and when Tracey looked in her black trash can for the delivery, it was nowhere to be found.

She told KTVI Fox 2, “I was crying all night last night. I was like, I came home and I, I mean, I saved for months to get that for my daughter and then for them to just throw it in the trash.” She explained that the family keeps their trash can on the curb because of ice on their steep driveway. Tracey figured that because the bin was empty, the driver probably thought the trash had already been picked up.

Tracey was distressed and contacted UPS. In a Facebook post, the Missouri mother explained her frustrating attempts to get in touch with the delivery company writing, “I called them that night and they put me on hold, then they hung up on me after sitting on hold for about 20 minutes. So, I called back and sat on hold for another 10 minutes, which just made things worse because I was already upset.” Tracey told KTVI, “I was trying to talk to the guy on the phone and he’s like, ‘You’re going to have to calm down. I can’t understand what you’re saying.’ And I’m like, ‘Well you don’t understand.’ But it was, it was awful. It was probably the worst feeling.”

UPS investigated what happened and it was found that the driver did indeed leave the package in Sole’s trash can. The company told the station that,”…drivers are trained to leave packages out of sight and protected from inclement weather,” a practice the company calls, “driver release.” UPS apologized for the mistake and eventually agreed to buy a new tablet for Ms. Sole’s daughter before Christmas.

After the story was broadcast, people offered to purchase a replacement tablet for Tracey’s daughter, or money for a new one. She refused all of those offers but suggested that those donations instead be made to Toys for Tots. Tracey also wrote in her post that she does not want the employee to be fired because, “I can guarantee he will never make that mistake again.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    those fkers did it to me again....delivered some software a couple of weeks ago and left it on the step in -20 weather with snow, didn't even hit the doorbell

He who laughs, lasts. Noilly Pratt's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 705 Posts
    I get either the little tap-tap-tap that no one would hear unless you're in the front hall (luckily I was the one time - I have a knocker on the door AND a doorbell!); or they leave it outside too.

Since it's a magnetic door, if I'm expecting something, I have to stick a paper on the door saying "please ring bell - this is a 3 story house".

Signature created way-back-when by Goofy

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    I was at home and waiting behind the duck blind...watching...

but still!!