Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu Quest - Wing Chun

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Ok, after what I just read, I think you should do the stress testing. What's the use of learning the techniques if you're not going to be able to utilize them under pressure?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    We'll see.. I still have 3 months to go..

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    This dude has a couple blog articles on it. I'll link you to one:

http://unitedstateskravmaga.wordpres...ress-training/

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    I love you, but In this regard I think you are completely delusional and wrong. Time and time again its been proven that the ancient arts can not hold ground against these mixed trained fighters.. The reason mma has evolved into what it is, is because all the BS has been stripped away and we are left with the straightest point from point A to point B. Watch the fights.. They dont lie.
    I agree, you're completely delusional and wrong

Which times has it been proven? Have they had a true black belt challenge a MMA guy?

Look, I don't want this argument with you but I know one thing....if those MMA fighters have multiple degrees in whatever disciplines, they wouldn't be hitting each other in the manner they do (slap punches and kicks). Not saying that they are not tough guys or not trained.....but back in the day I've been to gyms, clubs and yes even dojos, and a black belt in kung fu can drop a guy with one kick to the face.

That's why when I see a MMA fight, I laugh. I know you haven't had much experience with street fights, club fighting etc, but two guys don't hit each other for 10 or 15 minutes ending with a submission tap put...especially if they're 'trained' in a martial arts discipline

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    No eye gouging or fish hooking are really the only rules last time I looked..
    its a lot more than that, which is exactly the reason you see the older arts not do very well in the MMA setting. fight for your life vs here's a set of rules, boxing gloves...the gloves alone are a massive detraction. I dunno, watching MMA is like watching neanderthals bash each other in slow motion with clubs, if you were to compare that to seeing someone who knows how to fight, fight for real in a real world setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Janus View Post
    nope.... in a ring mma>wing chun all day. However, in real life its the other way around IMO
    yup

I love you, but In this regard I think you are completely delusional and wrong. Time and time again its been proven that the ancient arts can not hold ground against these mixed trained fighters.. The reason mma has evolved into what it is, is because all the BS has been stripped away and we are left with the straightest point from point A to point B. Watch the fights.. They dont lie.
    I see it the other way around, MMA evolved into a how can we get this closer to....*shines light* rrrrreeeeeal! and accept all styles...so you start setting up rules and the thing takes a life of its own there, and a certain mix of techniques winds up producing the greatest effect.

shit, real world fights, kimbo slice was an entirely different deal...MMA, a joke because he couldnt fight on the ground - in real situations, he basically never had to, but subjected to the ring, the fence, the rules, the competitor exploiting the rules, ground fighting winds up being a significant part of MMA.

in the real world, ground fighting is usually over pretty quickly so long as someone knows what they're doing. two hacks can flop around for quite a while though until they're out of breath

I have a good friend who does american freestyle karate for the art.. And he does Krav maga to beat mother fuckers down, in any situation.. Guess what im training in this summer?
    guess what style krav maga has some pieces of

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    idk Mudster...those MMA guys could likely beat the tar out of 90% of people they encounter in life...

truth is we both don't know who the better fighters would be until they meet in a street fight...not a closed controlled encounter in a ring.

My bro in law is the guy with the black belt in Tiger Claw Kung-Fu. In 2007 he took me to his dojo for 'demonstration night'. They break boards, do high kicks etc for the audience. After most of the people went home, they had black belt certification matches. They wore finger gloves and head gear....and I saw two guys get knocked out cold No dirty moves or bone breaking maneuvers, just straight blows to the body at full speed. There wasn't a match than lasted over 6 minutes. That's why when I hear the laundry list of belts the MMA guys have, then watch them fight...I don't buy much of it. Most of the MMA guys are pretty muscular, so they obviously cross train quite a bit and I would not want to get hit by any of them.

Have you ever seen a Karate, Kung Fu, or Ninjutsu black belt guy? They're in shape for sure but they usually don't look that imposing. That's always amazed me....my bro in law is the same way...he's solid and a little heavy, but doesn't look like a weight lifter. Yet the odd time I've lipped off, his arms and legs feel like iron to me when he's throwing me around and tuning me into a pretzel

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I learned some Krav Maga moves

that's one discipline I'd like to take classes in

intelligent, economy of movement, brutal moves to defend or bust up a guy who's threatening yo ass I learned mostly defensive moves

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    tai chi for the chi gung, baguazhang for the spine twisting and shoulder joint movement...

...and wing chung for fighting

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I watched a guy break 3 stacked 1/2 inch boards with his hand...then reach over and tussle his son's hair right after...

something about that made me cringe

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks

Smith and Wesson would kill all of those bastards.

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Janus View Post
    nope.... in a ring mma>wing chun all day. However, in real life its the other way around IMO
    what I should have said was 1 on 1, mma>most martial arts

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugh_Janus For This Useful Post:

Muddy (01-25-2014)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Hal and fbd with your snake dragon kung fu grippin asses...

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    bottom line its *always* down to the skill of the practitioner.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    bottom line its *always* down to the skill of the practitioner.
    Of course.. But you have to admit.. Some of the artsy fartsy elements of traditional martial arts can be bum rushed and over whelmed.

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts
    the pen is mightier than the fist , you start hitting me about and i'll sue your ass