Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham: Is creation a viable model of origins in today’s modern, scientific era?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,164 Times in 800 Posts
    I've actually read that book. It was a very interesting.

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I was not force fed any doctrine in my youth
    Most of my adult years I was an atheist, always trying to disprove the existence of God
    I found Christianity/my spirituality at a time I definitely did not want it or welcome it

Similar to Griff...I believe in evolution, yet I don't believe that a random event created every object in the universe including man. Something can not come from nothing in simplified terms of physics, (matter cannot be created or destroyed, only changed) so the question remains - Where did the particles that formed our universe originate? Or to dumb it down further - The Big Bang was a true event in history according to science, where did the components come from to start the process? They blinked into existence on their own? Now you're talking about God like things....
    and what is matter, energy
    what is the nature of energy?
    transformation
    the energy potential does not disappear
    you can create matter from energy
    just the right spark, out of quantum foam "nothingness"
    the "void" is not "empty"
    quantum mechanics is god's way of saying "hell yeah I play dice, motherfucker!" because something can indeed appear to arise from nothing - but the main point is, there was no energetic potential created that did not already exist, so there is no "creating something from nothing."
    at GUT level energies from planck time until x10^-20ish, the energy level of the "universe" was beyond the coefficient of friction - the whole "inflaton" field idea that smooths everything in its wake to such an extent that the first evidence of cosmic microwave background everything was smooth to a preposterously fine level....giving the relative appearance of there having been "nothing" beforehand.
    refer to the different concepts of "timelike" which is our normal path through spacetime, vs "spacelike" where speed is beyond time.

evolution and creation are two sides of the same coin. everything flows forth from fundamentals. creationists say god designed the fundamentals and everything else is merely these vectored potentials experiencing paths that are set out by the rules of the construct.

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Im not religious.. Mainly because of the mysticism. But i will say this one thing about Christianity. It's members are free willing and not forced to be participants. Thats why I respect it. (That and mostly they are accepting and dont preach intolerance). Do they want you to change and not be what they deem sinful? Yes. Do they hold a gun to your head? No.

Try that with Islam.
    its not always like that. Unfortunately, the vast majority of islamic states seem to be stuck in the dark ages