Page 3284 of 3670 FirstFirst ... 2284 2784 3184 3234 3274 3282 3283 3284 3285 3286 3294 3334 3384 ... LastLast
Results 49,246 to 49,260 of 55050

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    oh shit
    Rate his Joe Biden impression. Personally, I give it a 10/10.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FBD For This Useful Post:

Griffin (09-25-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FBD For This Useful Post:

KevinD (09-25-2020), Muddy (09-25-2020), Pony (09-25-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Great news..!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

FBD (09-26-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Christ! You had 3 packages to deliver today Amazon. You delivered 2 and fucked up the third, and they all came from the same warehouse? How does that happen?

It just so happens that the 3rd package that they fucked up was the black ink for my printer, the thing I absolutely needed.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (09-26-2020), lost in melb. (09-26-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Fox News confirms that Trump will nominate Amy Coney Barrett for the Supreme Court to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

She's supposedly an originalist, so let's hope she doesn't turn out to be another Roberts.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    When masked politicians answer reporters' questions on the fly, they sound like Kenny from South Park.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (09-26-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Christ! You had 3 packages to deliver today Amazon. You delivered 2 and fucked up the third, and they all came from the same warehouse? How does that happen?

It just so happens that the 3rd package that they fucked up was the black ink for my printer, the thing I absolutely needed.
    You don't have to answer this, but I'm wondering what you use a printer for?

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Fox News confirms that Trump will nominate Amy Coney Barrett for the Supreme Court to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

She's supposedly an originalist, so let's hope she doesn't turn out to be another Roberts.
    So the constitutional equivalent of an evangelical Christian?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    You don't have to answer this, but I'm wondering what you use a printer for?
    I have a scanner/printer combo. I like to print images of my hairy white ass and nutsack and mail them to people I don't like.

Say, what's your mailing address?

The constitution is the law, from sea to shining sea. It wasn't supposed to be reinterpreted on a whim because of people's feelings. If you could do that whenever you felt like it, then what's the point of having a constitution to begin with? If you can reinterpret law whenever you felt like, then what's the point of having a society governed by the rule of law? The law becomes meaningless if you don't hold to it's meaning and intention. The constitution is static. The founding fathers had very particular reasoning and intended meaning for what they wrote. We were given a method for changing the constitution: passing and repealing amendments. Admittedly, passing and repealing amendments is a very difficult thing to do, and that's by design. It can be changed, but if and only if the entire country is on board with the proposed changes. Progressives try to get around that by saying that the constitution can or needs to be reinterpreted for our time without the need for amendments, but that's wrong. It undermines the importance and the value of the constitution. It undermines the concept of a society governed by rule of law. If you wanna call not allowing that evangelical, then so be it, but the justices that sit on the Supreme Court are supposed to be constitutional scholars and they're supposed to understand precisely what the founders intended by what they wrote, and pass judgments on issues that arise based on that. So the justices sitting on the Supreme Court are supposed to be originalists.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (09-26-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I have a scanner/printer combo. I like to print images of my hairy white ass and nutsack and mail them to people I don't like.

Say, what's your mailing address?

The constitution is the law, from sea to shining sea. It wasn't supposed to be reinterpreted on a whim because of people's feelings. If you could do that whenever you felt like it, then what's the point of having a constitution to begin with? If you can reinterpret law whenever you felt like, then what's the point of having a society governed by the rule of law? The law becomes meaningless if you don't hold to it's meaning and intention. The constitution is static. The founding fathers had very particular reasoning and intended meaning for what they wrote. We were given a method for changing the constitution: passing and repealing amendments. Admittedly, passing and repealing amendments is a very difficult thing to do, and that's by design. It can be changed, but if and only if the entire country is on board with the proposed changes. Progressives try to get around that by saying that the constitution can or needs to be reinterpreted for our time without the need for amendments, but that's wrong. It undermines the importance and the value of the constitution. It undermines the concept of a society governed by rule of law. If you wanna call not allowing that evangelical, then so be it, but the justices that sit on the Supreme Court are supposed to be constitutional scholars and they're supposed to understand precisely what the founders intended by what they wrote, and pass judgments on issues that arise based on that. So the justices sitting on the Supreme Court are supposed to be originalists.
    I get it and kind of agree. I wonder though what the constitution was before the present one?

Also, the supreme court has changed major stuff over the years...did they really adhere to the constitution by the letter then?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (09-28-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks

That made me laugh... jerk.

I get it and kind of agree. I wonder though what the constitution was before the present one?

Also, the supreme court has changed major stuff over the years...did they really adhere to the constitution by the letter then?
    If you're talking about documents, then pre-constitution post-Revolution, the founders had the Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union. The government was decidedly different back then. We had the Congress of the Confederation up until everybody decided that it wasn't working and we needed something new. It's a fascinating thing to read about, but it's far too long to post about in considerable detail.

The Supreme Court has changed stuff over the years... not really. Congress changes things. They're the legislative branch. Ideally, the Supreme Court is only supposed to rule whether the things that are changed are constitutional or not, or whether the parties involved need to go pound sand back to the lower courts to duke it out on their own. They're not supposed to legislate from the bench, and that's why I had a problem with the whole gay marriage ruling. It's not in their constitutional power to do stuff like that. It should have been left up to the states. Frankly, I didn't give a shit whether gay and lesbian people could get married or not, I just didn't think the Supreme Court had the constitutional authority to say so. And like I said before, the Supreme Court is a political beast. Even though the justices that get put there should be originalists, the majority of the time, they're beholden to their masters, the President and Congress, at least up until they're confirmed for the seat. Obama nominated and got a few activist judges. So did Bill Clinton (RBG was one of Clinton's). Trump, both of the Bush Presidents, and Reagan got conservative judges... not necessarily originalists, mind you, but they were conservative. Gorsuch is more of an originalist, but Kavanaugh is more conservative conscious.

And no, elected and appointed officials post-founders have been violating the constitution, then reaffirming it again, then violating it again, then reaffirming it again, over and over again since the last of the founding fathers had mostly passed on. It's a frustrating dance to watch.

I've said this before and I honestly believe it, that if the founding fathers were alive today, they'd execute a whole mess of elected and appointed people, then they'd marvel at how we butchered the English language, marvel at how we got so many things wrong, and probably would set out to rewrite the constitution to make it more clear (as if it actually needed it... but really, you just can't trust people to understand things today).
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 09-26-2020 at 11:03 AM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (09-26-2020), KevinD (09-26-2020), lost in melb. (09-26-2020)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Looks like Roku and NBCUniversal have come to an agreement. Peacock was available as a new app this morning on my Roku.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks dgx, that's interesting... Just to check,
    I've said this before and I honestly believe it, that if the founding fathers were alive today, they'd execute a whole mess of elected and appointed people, then they'd marvel at how we butchered the English language,

What did you mean by execute?

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks

Its going to come out that Bush installed Roberts at the behest of the English crown, wait for it!

most of 'em's beliefs are consistent with the constitution

An interesting place to start is with the revelation that there was an original 13th amendment that differed from the "current" 13th amendment.
    https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/...e-constitution
    If you follow the trail from here, you wind up discovering that "the constitution" we use today is a set of corporate bylaws used by the corporation of the United States and it resembles The Constitution For These United States of America rather closely. Except for that whole matter of the original only having 12 Amendments, because once the banksters "got paid" for financing the civil war, it included the corporate overlay that we see today. So as you will see if you dig enough, adhering to the letter of the Constitution was enough of a problem that they made a forgery of it and shoehorned it into the confines of maritime Admiralty Law, which never ever should have been in use on land.

Before that, see DGX's response

If you're talking about documents, then pre-constitution post-Revolution, the founders had the Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union. The government was decidedly different back then. We had the Congress of the Confederation up until everybody decided that it wasn't working and we needed something new. It's a fascinating thing to read about, but it's far too long to post about in considerable detail.

The Supreme Court has changed stuff over the years... not really. Congress changes things. They're the legislative branch. Ideally, the Supreme Court is only supposed to rule whether the things that are changed are constitutional or not, or whether the parties involved need to go pound sand back to the lower courts to duke it out on their own. They're not supposed to legislate from the bench, and that's why I had a problem with the whole gay marriage ruling. It's not in their constitutional power to do stuff like that. It should have been left up to the states. Frankly, I didn't give a shit whether gay and lesbian people could get married or not, I just didn't think the Supreme Court had the constitutional authority to say so. And like I said before, the Supreme Court is a political beast. Even though the justices that get put there should be originalists, the majority of the time, they're beholden to their masters, the President and Congress, at least up until they're confirmed for the seat. Obama nominated and got a few activist judges. So did Bill Clinton (RBG was one of Clinton's). Trump, both of the Bush Presidents, and Reagan got conservative judges... not necessarily originalists, mind you, but they were conservative. Gorsuch is more of an originalist, but Kavanaugh is more conservative conscious.

And no, elected and appointed officials post-founders have been violating the constitution, then reaffirming it again, then violating it again, then reaffirming it again, over and over again since the last of the founding fathers had mostly passed on. It's a frustrating dance to watch.

I've said this before and I honestly believe it, that if the founding fathers were alive today, they'd execute a whole mess of elected and appointed people, then they'd marvel at how we butchered the English language, marvel at how we got so many things wrong, and probably would set out to rewrite the constitution to make it more clear (as if it actually needed it... but really, you just can't trust people to understand things today).
    There's a decent argument that could be made that it was fledgling oligarchs who decided the States needed to band together...

Thanks dgx, that's interesting... Just to check, ...

Execute as in d-e-d, like what's coming for John Brennan

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks dgx, that's interesting... Just to check, ...

I mean execute... put to death. To understand why I feel that way, we'd have to delve into the history of the colonies leading up to the Revolution and go over everything the British did to the colonists, how those things shaped the US government and the Bill of Rights, and what governments, both federal and state, have been doing for the past 150 years that makes me believe that the founders would be absolutely livid if they came forward in time to see what their efforts had wrought. Again, a very long discussion and I don't feel like typing it all out, let alone make you read it.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (09-28-2020), lost in melb. (09-27-2020)