Page 2953 of 3005 FirstFirst ... 1953 2453 2853 2903 2943 2951 2952 2953 2954 2955 2963 3003 ... LastLast
Results 44,281 to 44,295 of 45066

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

  1. #44281
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    89,724
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    5,297
    Thanked 11,180 Times in 7,695 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Yeah, I'm one of those people that rarely, if ever, complains. If the food was edible I will eat it. I've had too many horror stories about sending food back. At the end of the meal when the server asks how everything was, I might say something like, "it was okay" and they will ask what is wrong. And as long as it was decent, I really don't take it further than that. But usually at that point if the server is good and realizes that something wasn't perfect, they are already getting the check reduced, which I will always thank them profusely for and I give them a great tip for the extra service of doing that.
    This same place had four young hot girls in short dresses standing near the front. Not servers or waitresses, just some sort of concierges? ...hospitality persons? ... Walmart Greeters?

    I know they worked there because I had to pick the most intelligent looking one on the way out so I could complain. She really didn't know what to say or how to handle it so I left.

    Do you guys have Phil's pancake houses down there? If not they're kind of like Denny's. Old school menu items and decor.

    My Dad would take me and my Mom there and in over 30 years we've never had a bad meal. They've never forgotten an item and we've never waited for menus or items no matter how busy they are.

    I'm beginning to see why my Dad liked it so much (I snobbily used to think it was a 'ghetto place' and embarrassing to visit)

  2. #44282
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    89,724
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    5,297
    Thanked 11,180 Times in 7,695 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I really don't want to complain, but I can't help but notice how 15 years ago, restaurants were ready and willing to bend over backwards to get me what I wanted without exposing me to the allergens I was trying to avoid, and now they just don't give a shit any more.
    That's weird because up here in recent years the restaurants are almost overly sensitive to people with allergies/specific food needs.(which they should be)

    The social media aspect helps with that I think because they don't want any bad press if someone gets sick or has a reaction.

  3. #44283
    I live in the DPRC Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    5280' Above Sea Level
    Posts
    202,733
    vCash
    6561
    Thanks
    14,201
    Thanked 57,867 Times in 33,464 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I really don't want to complain, but I can't help but notice how 15 years ago, restaurants were ready and willing to bend over backwards to get me what I wanted without exposing me to the allergens I was trying to avoid, and now they just don't give a shit any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    That's weird because up here in recent years the restaurants are almost overly sensitive to people with allergies/specific food needs.(which they should be)

    The social media aspect helps with that I think because they don't want any bad press if someone gets sick or has a reaction.
    I think part of the problem with the food allergies issue, at least here in the States, is that there are so many pompous 'self-diagnosed' people who claim to have this whole laundry list of allergies and expect the restaurant to cater to their every specific request. It's ruined it for people with actual food allergies.

  4. #44284
    I live in the DPRC Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    5280' Above Sea Level
    Posts
    202,733
    vCash
    6561
    Thanks
    14,201
    Thanked 57,867 Times in 33,464 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    This same place had four young hot girls in short dresses standing near the front. Not servers or waitresses, just some sort of concierges? ...hospitality persons? ... Walmart Greeters?

    I know they worked there because I had to pick the most intelligent looking one on the way out so I could complain. She really didn't know what to say or how to handle it so I left.

    Do you guys have Phil's pancake houses down there? If not they're kind of like Denny's. Old school menu items and decor.

    My Dad would take me and my Mom there and in over 30 years we've never had a bad meal. They've never forgotten an item and we've never waited for menus or items no matter how busy they are.

    I'm beginning to see why my Dad liked it so much (I snobbily used to think it was a 'ghetto place' and embarrassing to visit)
    Nope, no Phil's down here, but I know what you mean about those kinds of places. Sadly they are becoming the exception rather than the rule when it comes to going out to eat.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

    Hal-9000 (05-15-2019)

  6. #44285
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    89,724
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    5,297
    Thanked 11,180 Times in 7,695 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I think part of the problem with the food allergies issue, at least here in the States, is that there are so many pompous 'self-diagnosed' people who claim to have this whole laundry list of allergies and expect the restaurant to cater to their every specific request. It's ruined it for people with actual food allergies.
    I think our country is a fairly leftist sort of environment due to all of the immigration and I guess our heritage and reputation of being polite and accommodating.

    Meaning certain industries like food service have really had to adapt to ensure they don't get bad press. Hard to put in words but it does feel like a movement, rather than something restaurants should be practicing anyway.

    Just try to sneak a little pork into a Muslim person's food and then buckle down for the ensuing jihad


    that was mean, sorry

  7. #44286
    Not today, god of death. DemonGeminiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bum Fuck Egypt, East Jabip
    Posts
    51,720
    vCash
    9500
    Thanks
    28,070
    Thanked 10,335 Times in 7,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I think part of the problem with the food allergies issue, at least here in the States, is that there are so many pompous 'self-diagnosed' people who claim to have this whole laundry list of allergies and expect the restaurant to cater to their every specific request. It's ruined it for people with actual food allergies.
    Yeah, there aren't nearly as many people that are sincerely allergic to gluten as there are people who claim they are, but lo and behold! Every restaurant has gluten-free options on their menus!


    Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

    Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

  8. #44287
    I live in the DPRC Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    5280' Above Sea Level
    Posts
    202,733
    vCash
    6561
    Thanks
    14,201
    Thanked 57,867 Times in 33,464 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Yeah, there aren't nearly as many people that are sincerely allergic to gluten as there are people who claim they are, but lo and behold! Every restaurant has gluten-free options on their menus!


    It's these kinds of people...I mean seriously, if you are REALLY allergic to all that shit, maybe you shouldn't be going out to eat at all. Expecting a restaurant/kitchen staff to cater to that kinda crap is way over the top and if you expect that, then you're an asshole.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

    DemonGeminiX (05-15-2019)

  10. #44288
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    89,724
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    5,297
    Thanked 11,180 Times in 7,695 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Yeah, there aren't nearly as many people that are sincerely allergic to gluten as there are people who claim they are, but lo and behold! Every restaurant has gluten-free options on their menus!
    So you have the shellfish allergy?

    Up here that's pretty common along with the peanut allergy. Not sure why places would have issues understanding it.
    Unless you keep going to Sam's Shellfish Hideaway for dinner

    Seriously...we had a kid up here go into anaphylactic shock and it made the local news. He had the peanut allergy and got the reaction from a food you'd never think would come close to peanuts. Something like salad or another side dish.
    Last edited by Hal-9000; 05-15-2019 at 03:54 PM. Reason: grammar allergy

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

    DemonGeminiX (05-15-2019)

  12. #44289
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    89,724
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    5,297
    Thanked 11,180 Times in 7,695 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post


    It's these kinds of people...I mean seriously, if you are REALLY allergic to all that shit, maybe you shouldn't be going out to eat at all. Expecting a restaurant/kitchen staff to cater to that kinda crap is way over the top and if you expect that, then you're an asshole.
    "cow's milk products" NOTE I can eat butter...

    Umm, no you can't.

  13. #44290
    I live in the DPRC Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    5280' Above Sea Level
    Posts
    202,733
    vCash
    6561
    Thanks
    14,201
    Thanked 57,867 Times in 33,464 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    "cow's milk products" NOTE I can eat butter...

    Umm, no you can't.
    Exactly. You're allergic to dairy (from a cow) but you can magically eat butter? When it's main ingredient is cream from COW'S MILK??


  14. #44291
    Not today, god of death. DemonGeminiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bum Fuck Egypt, East Jabip
    Posts
    51,720
    vCash
    9500
    Thanks
    28,070
    Thanked 10,335 Times in 7,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    So you have the shellfish allergy?

    Up here that's pretty common along with the peanut allergy. Not sure why places would have issues understanding it.
    Unless you keep going to Sam's Shellfish Hideaway for dinner

    Seriously...we had a kid up here go into anaphylactic shock and it made the local news. He had the peanut allergy and got the reaction from a food you'd never think would come close to peanuts. Something like salad or another side dish.
    Maybe that's what it takes, having a customer have a bad reaction and getting bad press before making a simple and easy change that could have easily been done to begin with to avoid the issue in the first place.


    Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

    Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

  15. #44292
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    89,724
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    5,297
    Thanked 11,180 Times in 7,695 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Maybe that's what it takes, having a customer have a bad reaction and getting bad press before making a simple and easy change that could have easily been done to begin with to avoid the issue in the first place.
    Food prep stories like that scare me because the people responsible said they didn't know how the ___ got contaminated.

    I heard a horror story about a couple on vacation at a small island resort in Thailand.

    It's long but the bullet points are they both ate something, got violently ill for days, and due to bad resort maintenance support couldn't leave the island because there were no working boats.

    Women said she finally recovered after three days, husband was sick for five days and finally he was taken to the mainland for a hospital stay to replenish body fluids. He lost over 20 pounds in that time.

    I guess they used to travel a few times a year worldwide, they haven't left home since the experience and to this day don't know what got them sick.

  16. #44293
    Hal killed Tormund! Pony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Borneo
    Posts
    14,033
    vCash
    20731
    Thanks
    4,306
    Thanked 4,293 Times in 2,458 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I really don't want to complain, but I can't help but notice how 15 years ago, restaurants were ready and willing to bend over backwards to get me what I wanted without exposing me to the allergens I was trying to avoid, and now they just don't give a shit any more.
    Too many people with "made up" allergies have ruined it for those with serious real problems.

  17. #44294
    Hal killed Tormund! Pony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Borneo
    Posts
    14,033
    vCash
    20731
    Thanks
    4,306
    Thanked 4,293 Times in 2,458 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    This same place had four young hot girls in short dresses standing near the front. Not servers or waitresses, just some sort of concierges? ...hospitality persons? ... Walmart Greeters?

    I know they worked there because I had to pick the most intelligent looking one on the way out so I could complain. She really didn't know what to say or how to handle it so I left.

    Do you guys have Phil's pancake houses down there? If not they're kind of like Denny's. Old school menu items and decor.

    My Dad would take me and my Mom there and in over 30 years we've never had a bad meal. They've never forgotten an item and we've never waited for menus or items no matter how busy they are.

    I'm beginning to see why my Dad liked it so much (I snobbily used to think it was a 'ghetto place' and embarrassing to visit)
    Yea, I've found some of the little dive places have the best food, biggest portions, cheap prices and great fast service. I've stopped a couple times at Catawba Inn (nicknamed Food Beer because that's what it says in huge letters on the side of the building). It's by the ferry dock to the island, I can order a burger and fries, comes out a huge 1/2 pound burger, giant portion of fries and a coke for like $12. And I'm in and out in well under an hour.


  18. #44295
    Not today, god of death. DemonGeminiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bum Fuck Egypt, East Jabip
    Posts
    51,720
    vCash
    9500
    Thanks
    28,070
    Thanked 10,335 Times in 7,481 Posts
    I have no idea how the hell I managed to do this, but I just knocked one of my refrigerator door shelves out of the refrigerator and onto the floor. It was full of glass bottles. Oddly enough, the only thing that broke was the plastic shelf itself. Again, I have no idea how I managed to do it. I swear I didn't even hit it.

    Before that, a plate I was washing in the sink slipped out of my hand and into the sink, and the plate cracked, and a small sliver of a shard shot out of the sink and fell to the floor.

    I'm not having a very good day here. I think maybe I should just sit still and not move for the rest of the day.


    Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

    Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

    Teh One Who Knocks (05-15-2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •