Page 3211 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 2211 2711 3111 3161 3201 3209 3210 3211 3212 3213 3221 3261 3311 ... LastLast
Results 48,151 to 48,165 of 55052

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    There's already been a few lawsuits filed directly against our Director of Health who has overstepped her authority issuing "orders". Pretty much as long as the lawsuit is ongoing there can be no action taken against the businesses involved.

The latest was a suit regarding entertainment in bars here. Less that 24 hours after the attorney got involved the Director and Governor did a 180 about face and "decided" to allow entertainment.
    The restaurant that was open in Colorado on Mother's Day and then shut down by the state (and having their license pulled) for violating an "order" is suing the state, the governor, and the health department.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

KevinD (05-27-2020), RBP (05-26-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Twitter gives Rumples a bit of a tap on the fingers

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I already told the wife I will not wear one, even if the governor says we have to. So far, only the city of Denver is forcing people to wear one. That mayor thinks he's a dictator.
    I wore a homemade mask today my wife ordered on Etsy. They're not required, but with my wife working in hospitals I'd say the chance of me being a carrier on any given day is high. Didn't bother me one bit to wear for an hour of errands On the off chance it stops me from spreading COVID I have no issues with it personally.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    I wore a homemade mask today my wife ordered on Etsy. They're not required, but with my wife working in hospitals I'd say the chance of me being a carrier on any given day is high. Didn't bother me one bit to wear for an hour of errands On the off chance it stops me from spreading COVID I have no issues with it personally.
    I wear one all day at work and at every stop off hours. It's not a big deal, but shopping is surreal. The stores here have repeated robot voice messages that masks are mandatory and to observe 6 foot distancing. I am living a dystopian nightmare.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

KevinD (05-27-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (05-27-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    I wear one all day at work and at every stop off hours. It's not a big deal, but shopping is surreal. The stores here have repeated robot voice messages that masks are mandatory and to observe 6 foot distancing. I am living a dystopian nightmare.
    Sucks having to wear it all day. My wife is doing the same and complains her ears hurt and she's getting zits

Haven't heard the robot voices in stores yet, that's creepy. I do just keep thinking it's temporary and so minor to wear in the grocery store though, especially when I think of you and my wife wearing medical masks and shields all day. I have more nightmares about facial recognition and infringement on internet and phone privacy than being asked to wear a mask during a pandemic personally. I think the later will disappear in a few months or a year and it's a cycle that repeats throughout history, while the former is the silently creeping dystopia most folks never talk about. I guess one doesn't negate the other, but again I'm just hoping this all fizzles out within a few more months.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-27-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Sucks having to wear it all day. My wife is doing the same and complains her ears hurt and she's getting zits

Haven't heard the robot voices in stores yet, that's creepy. I do just keep thinking it's temporary and so minor to wear in the grocery store though, especially when I think of you and my wife wearing medical masks and shields all day. I have more nightmares about facial recognition and infringement on internet and phone privacy than being asked to wear a mask during a pandemic personally. I think the later will disappear in a few months or a year and it's a cycle that repeats throughout history, while the former is the silently creeping dystopia most folks never talk about. I guess one doesn't negate the other, but again I'm just hoping this all fizzles out within a few more months.
    Ummm... well the new Apple update includes facial recognition while wearing a mask. Not kidding.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Ummm... well the new Apple update includes facial recognition while wearing a mask. Not kidding.
    Shit, I was just thinking today at the store my work phone didn't unlock with the mask on and wondered how long before they patch that I'll have to update.

Then again, now that you say it, I'm thinking to an article I saw months back on a tech forum about recognition software being able to recognize you even without seeing faces at all (hat down over the face was the example I think, will try and find it)...

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Shit, I was just thinking today at the store my work phone didn't unlock with the mask on and wondered how long before they patch that I'll have to update.

Then again, now that you say it, I'm thinking to an article I saw months back on a tech forum about recognition software being able to recognize you even without seeing faces at all (hat down over the face was the example I think, will try and find it)...
    It also updates to allow for transmission tracking. So basically, you are giving your face and your contact points to the government. Funny how crisis brings more government control. 911 gave us the Patriot Act. COVID gives us China-level tracking.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It also updates to allow for transmission tracking. So basically, you are giving your face and your contact points to the government. Funny how crisis brings more government control. 911 gave us the Patriot Act. COVID gives us China-level tracking.
    I still don't see how wearing a mask is the problem that folks are mad about though, which is my whole point. They were one patch from tech working at the consumer level with a mask - so we know it already existed.

The China level tracking isn't COVID's gift, it's been there since the Patriot act. Ironically China tried to ban masks in Hong Kong It's all very backwards. I'm convinced we're being sidetracked to get angry about wearing masks as it's the one tangible thing folks feel they can control.

Look at this bill introduced a few weeks back: https://www.businessinsider.com/mcco...history-2020-5

Renew the Patriot Act again, search our phones without warrant... Horrific stuff. Wearing masks during a pandemic won't be long term and has been shown to serve the greater good (interesting article here about Austria). We should be mad about everything else infringing on our privacy but by and large it's the masks we whine about. Why is masks the part where everyone suddenly gets upset, not everything else?
    Last edited by Godfather; 05-27-2020 at 04:02 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-27-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I still don't see how wearing a mask is the problem that folks are mad about though, which is my whole point. They were one patch from tech working at the consumer level with a mask - so we know it already existed.

The China level tracking isn't COVID's gift, it's been there since the Patriot act. I'm convinced we're being sidetracked to get angry about wearing masks as it's the one tangible thing folks feel they can control.

Look at this bill introduced a few weeks back: https://www.businessinsider.com/mcco...history-2020-5

Renew the Patriot Act again, search our phones without warrant... Horrific stuff. Wearing masks during a pandemic won't be long term and has been shown to serve the greater good (interesting article here about Austria). We should be mad about everything else infringing on our privacy but by and large it's the masks we whine about. Why is masks the part where everyone suddenly gets upset, not everything else?
    Because we don't want to know. So don't tell us. Once we know, we have to react.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Godfather (05-27-2020), KevinD (05-27-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (05-27-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Because we don't want to know. So don't tell us. Once we know, we have to react.
    Right, I agree, I was being somewhat rhetorical.

I'm mad about what is happening to our privacy and the grabs being made at it under the guise of COVID. Masks are the one piece I just actually feel strongly is going to be temporary, and probably could do some real good, so I guess I'm a little ranty on the subject.

I can see people not wanting to wear a mask, I really can, but I think there are bigger hills to die on with respect to our liberties and privacy, that don't potentially endanger our neighbors with illness. Anyways
    Last edited by Godfather; 05-27-2020 at 04:17 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-27-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    From a discussion in another thread showing my PoV on it (because I'm too lazy to type something out right now ):

You do know that in all probability, there is no way to avoid the virus forever. Odds are that you WILL come in contact with it at some point and that you more than likely will contract it because of its virulence. Masks do nothing to protect you from the virus. Unless you are wearing the good ones (N95 or better) the stupid cloth masks (and even surgical masks) do absolutely nothing. They can't filter out the virus. Can they slow it down? Maybe, but it doesn't stop the virus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Sure, but this premise that not taking the basic precautions being thrown around out there is ridiculous.. Had this lemming taken some basic precautions and not run around acting like the whole thing is a hoax may have prevented his wife from possibly dying.
    I won't wear a mask, period. That doesn't mean I don't take precautions. I wash my hands regularly. I try and be conscious of touching my face when I'm out and can't wash my hands. I stay away from people as much as space allows. I've reduced drastically trips to the stores and whatnot and opt for delivery of most items. I don't think the Wu Flu isn't serious, but it's nowhere as dangerous as the press and certain wannabe tyrants running some states want you to think it is.

We have to ascertain taking risks in this country as citizens every day. The virus is no different. I could just as easily die of a heart attack or get in a horrible car accident or catch some other virus/bacteria that's out there. All this lockdown bullshit is doing now is elongating the time period that we have to deal with this. Nobody is saying that we shouldn't protect the vulnerable (sick and elderly people) but the rest of us need to be able to go back to living our lives. Make our own risk assessments like we've done every single day of our adult lives.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Godfather (05-28-2020), lost in melb. (05-27-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    HBO Max launched, but it's not available through my subscription on Amazon Prime. Should I just wait and see if they strike a deal or should I dump the subscription on Prime and sign up with Max on its on?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    HBO Max launched, but it's not available through my subscription on Amazon Prime. Should I just wait and see if they strike a deal or should I dump the subscription on Prime and sign up with Max on its on?

What's the difference? Is there more stuff on HBO Max that isn't available on HBO itself?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    What's the difference? Is there more stuff on HBO Max that isn't available on HBO itself?
    Apparently a lot of junk.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/hbo-max...ow-1202943369/

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (05-27-2020)