Page 3319 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 2319 2819 3219 3269 3309 3317 3318 3319 3320 3321 3329 3369 3419 ... LastLast
Results 49,771 to 49,785 of 55058

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Yeah.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    A black Friday deal for anybody on the fence with getting Hulu. They're offering the ad-supported version for $1.99/month for 12 months if purchased in the next 3 days. It goes back to $5.99/month after.

https://www.hulu.com/start?cmp=14160...rce=TVe_Disney
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 11-27-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (11-27-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    hmmmm... actually tempting... maybe

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    I wish I got my review done before today instead of procrastinating and sitting here half the gd day (also procrastinating ) especially since I already have a list to complete the damned thing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Today's the first day I've been out in my backyard in a long while. The grass closest to my house is dead. The lawn service the HOA has been using has been cutting the backyard grass closest to the house with a weed-wacker, and they've been weed-wacking the grass down to the dirt.

I pay a lot of money to the HOA for this service. Someone's going to suffer for this.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (11-27-2020), lost in melb. (11-28-2020), Muddy (11-27-2020)

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    wanna take any guesses about how much the rabbits love my back yard

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Today's the first day I've been out in my backyard in a long while. The grass closest to my house is dead. The lawn service the HOA has been using has been cutting the backyard grass closest to the house with a weed-wacker, and they've been weed-wacking the grass down to the dirt.

I pay a lot of money to the HOA for this service. Someone's going to suffer for this.
    That's not great. Out of curiosity, is that a super muddy section of grass this time of year? I used to landscape during Uni and some HOA's we handled had areas that were so wet in the Fall that we couldn't run mowers through them without turning it into a mudpile Had to cut with a weed-wacker... but if you suck with them you'll scalp the lawn which obviously is still dumb.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    That's not great. Out of curiosity, is that a super muddy section of grass this time of year? I used to landscape during Uni and some HOA's we handled had areas that were so wet in the Fall that we couldn't run mowers through them without turning it into a mudpile Had to cut with a weed-wacker... but if you suck with them you'll scalp the lawn which obviously is still dumb.
    No, not really. The house was built at the top of a mound so there's a slight downgrade from the foundation in all directions. There's no threat of standing water in my yard. The lawn guys use this huge ass standing mower and it can't get close to concrete walkway, patio, and house foundation edges. They bring in the weed-whackers to cover the areas that the mowers can't get close to. Obviously, the guys doing the weed-whacking have no idea what the hell they're doing. So yeah, they suck.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (11-28-2020), lost in melb. (11-28-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Don't get involved. Don't get involved. Don't get involved. Don't get involved. Don't get involved. Don't get involved. It's none of your business, Ed. Don't get involved.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Don't do anything stupid if you can't handle it..

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post

What is HOA? Is that a body corporate service?

I solved all the problems with my apartment by becoming the body corporate chair and getting competent people in myself. Too much work though....

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    home owners association

A homeowner's association (HOA) is an organization in a subdivision, planned community, or condominium building that makes and enforces rules for the properties and its residents. Those who purchase property within an HOA's jurisdiction automatically become members and are required to pay dues, known as HOA fees.

google is a wonderful thing

16. The Following User Says Thank You to deebakes For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (11-28-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    home owners association

A homeowner's association (HOA) is an organization in a subdivision, planned community, or condominium building that makes and enforces rules for the properties and its residents. Those who purchase property within an HOA's jurisdiction automatically become members and are required to pay dues, known as HOA fees.

google is a wonderful thing
    ok, so it's a body corporate association. Americans just wanted to change the name got it

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    What is HOA? Is that a body corporate service?

I solved all the problems with my apartment by becoming the body corporate chair and getting competent people in myself. Too much work though....
    Homeowner's association.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeowner_association

From my experience, when you live in a development governed by an HOA, you pay a yearly HOA fee, and you and every other resident in the development agrees to live by certain rules, mostly having to do with keeping your house and yard up to a certain expected appearance. Most of the people here would tell you that HOAs are penultimate evil, and judging by some of the articles that people/Lance posts about them, I'd agree. However, my HOA isn't that bad. In fact the rules here are pretty laid back, and we all have a say in how things operate. They expect you to do things like yardwork and in general keeping up appearances, mostly stuff most responsible homeowners with a smidgen of pride would do anyway. Our HOA fees go towards various services that mostly benefit us, like lawn care (except when idiots working for a lawn care company don't know not to use a weed-whacker to dig up grass instead of just trimming it). The only real problem living in the development I live in has nothing to do with our HOA at all. It has to do with a resident with a big mouth that can't mind her own fucking business. I'm not on Facebook, but my neighbors are, and I have to listen to what this fucking idiot posts about all the time. Not oddly enough, she's originally from New Jersey. Anyway, other residents got shafted by the county, because the development is right off a major road in the county, and about 2 years in, the county decided to widen the road, effectively tearing down the tree cover that blocked their houses' backyards from road driver's views. It doesn't effect me, because I'm deeper in the development, but it was a pretty shitty thing to have happened to the other residents, and they're all in negotiations with the county as to how they're gonna fix the cover issue.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 11-28-2020 at 05:31 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (11-28-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Ok, so it kind of pertains to a privately own community. Everything is public here so your local council take care of that sort of stuff, although residents are (by and large) responsible for the lawn strips outside the front of houses. It's a grey area.

Yep, there's always one loudmouthed do-gooder. Hopefully her energy can be directed towards something useful!