Page 2745 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 1745 2245 2645 2695 2735 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 2755 2795 2845 3245 ... LastLast
Results 41,161 to 41,175 of 55058

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts
    Britney Spears debut single '...Baby One More Time' is 20 years old this month

Now I really feel extra old today

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Goofy (10-24-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    If I had known you were seriously considering signing up for this, I would have tried to talk you out of it. I haven't used their products, but I know a bit about them after researching them a while back. The razors are made by Dorco, and they're not a well-regarded company in the shaving world. Their products are generally very cheaply and not very well-made. When I started wet-shaving with double-edged safety razors, I bought several multi-packs of double-edged razor blades to use in my DE razor and there was a Dorco pack in them. They're terrible razor blades. I shaved with one once and then threw it and the rest of the pack out. Granted YMMV, but IMHO I would've told you that you'd be better off just buying Gillette Sensor Excel disposables in the plastic packs at Walmart or CVS.

Well, let me know how it works out for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I rarely, if ever, believe any reviews I find online unless I can verify that they come from a completely unbiased source. "User" reviews on most sites, be they 5 star or 1 star are absolutely useless. Plus, what's the worst I'm out? $6? Completely worth it to try it out.

That being said, my box came yesterday and it was shaving day so it worked out perfectly. First shave....perfect. As close if not closer than what I get with my Gillette blades. Only thing that will take a little getting used to is the way the blade fits on the handle is at a slightly different angle than my Gillette razor, so I have to get used to changing how I hold the razor slightly. But that's my only complaint. Now that is only the first shave, the real test will be shave number 2 because nearly any razor will give you a good shave when the blades are fresh and never used. It's how long they hold up that will be the real test. So I will know more on Tuesday when I shave again. But so far, so good. Completely pleased after the first shave.
    Well, it's been almost 2 years now and I'm done with DSC. Seems that lately things were going down hill with them. More nicks and cuts, razor burn, and just not great shaves. Not to mention shipping issues that delayed them enough that I ran out of blades and had to go buy some at the store. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but the DSC was bought out by Unilever, a giant conglomerate for a billion dollars not too long ago. Could just be a coincidence, but I doubt it.

So that officially ends my time with DSC. I still have blades left, but I am probably just going to pitch the rest of them now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (10-22-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Thinking about order9a set of bare knuckle pickups for one of my guitars.
    A while ago, I was thinking about buying a set of high output humbuckers from them, but I can't remember which set I was thinking about. Needless to say, I never pulled the trigger on a purchase from Bare Knuckle.

I have a few DiMarzio humbuckers in my Ibanez EX370 that I absolutely loved the sound of. A Tone Zone in the bridge, and a Fred in the neck. The TZ had harmonics galore and the Fred was thick as hell. Beautiful sounding clean, and wicked either overdriven or heavily distorted. Really responsive pickups. Everybody wanted to steal that guitar from me. LOL. There was a hot rail style single coil in the middle position, but I wasn't too fond of it. I never really used the middle coil on that guitar anyway. Seeing as how the neck is trashed now, I may just rip those pickups out of the EX and throw them in the RG when I get the itch to do it. But then again, DiMarzio has a metric ton of different pickups that are tuned to a whole wide range of tonal possibilities. I may give a set of the new ones a try, again, if I ever get the itch to do it.

I still haven't installed the Fender hot noiseless pickups in my Strat. I just haven't felt like doing it yet.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 10-22-2018 at 03:36 PM.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Dropped my ballot off at the collection box yesterday, so got that out of the way. One of the biggest ballots I remember seeing, it was 3 pages long (front and back of one page and front of another page).

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Candidates or referendums, or both?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Candidates or referendums, or both?
    Both...but definitely a crap ton of referendums, some state constitutional, some statutory, some local. It was definitely a lot, especially for a mid-term election.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Both...but definitely a crap ton of referendums, some state constitutional, some statutory, some local. It was definitely a lot, especially for a mid-term election.
    That's insane. This year we have 5 proposed state constitutional amendments and 2 state referendums. I've read everything I can regarding these 7 separate issues and I can't see a good reason to allow the majority of them to go forward. So I'll be voting no on most of them.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    That's insane. This year we have 5 proposed state constitutional amendments and 2 state referendums. I've read everything I can regarding these 7 separate issues and I can't see a good reason to allow the majority of them to go forward. So I'll be voting no on most of them.
    At least 75% of the referendums had to do with raising taxes.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    At least 75% of the referendums had to do with raising taxes.
    That's right, I forgot. The Democrats control your state now. Weren't you guys looking to move elsewhere?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Oh, get this: One of the constitutional amendments would give the local school board the power to levy a 1% local sales tax for different educational reasons.

Why the hell would you allow a school board to wield the state legislature's power?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

KevinD (10-22-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    That's right, I forgot. The Democrats control your state now. Weren't you guys looking to move elsewhere?
    Yup, the whole thing is that they are whining about not having enough money for schools for roads for whatever. Even though because of the housing market, the number of new homes and new people here, and the booming economy, Colorado is sitting on a budget surplus. But they need more tax money.

Yeah, but that's probably on hold until the kid graduates, so not for a few years more now. Subject to change without notice if something does come up though.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,132 Times in 1,887 Posts
    A while ago, I was thinking about buying a set of high output humbuckers from them, but I can't remember which set I was thinking about. Needless to say, I never pulled the trigger on a purchase from Bare Knuckle.

I have a few DiMarzio humbuckers in my Ibanez EX370 that I absolutely loved the sound of. A Tone Zone in the bridge, and a Fred in the neck. The TZ had harmonics galore and the Fred was thick as hell. Beautiful sounding clean, and wicked either overdriven or heavily distorted. Really responsive pickups. Everybody wanted to steal that guitar from me. LOL. There was a hot rail style single coil in the middle position, but I wasn't too fond of it. I never really used the middle coil on that guitar anyway. Seeing as how the neck is trashed now, I may just rip those pickups out of the EX and throw them in the RG when I get the itch to do it. But then again, DiMarzio has a metric ton of different pickups that are tuned to a whole wide range of tonal possibilities. I may give a set of the new ones a try, again, if I ever get the itch to do it.

I still haven't installed the Fender hot noiseless pickups in my Strat. I just haven't felt like doing it yet.
    What's wrong with the neck in the Ibanez? Aren't those bolt on? New neck? My only experience with dimarzios is their 36th anniversary set that came in my LTD ec-401. I really like the way they sound on that guitar, basically same as les paul as far as woods and shape go. I really dont like the combo of the 490/498 in the les paul tribute I just got. Each sounds good if dial tones and amp in, but they aren't a good matched set to my ears. Contacted Bare Knuckles, and some others. They reccomend the black dog set for what I want out of this LP. After Christmas I'll order them.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    What's wrong with the neck in the Ibanez? Aren't those bolt on? New neck? My only experience with dimarzios is their 36th anniversary set that came in my LTD ec-401. I really like the way they sound on that guitar, basically same as les paul as far as woods and shape go. I really dont like the combo of the 490/498 in the les paul tribute I just got. Each sounds good if dial tones and amp in, but they aren't a good matched set to my ears. Contacted Bare Knuckles, and some others. They reccomend the black dog set for what I want out of this LP. After Christmas I'll order them.
    Sounds good. Let me know how you like them.

Long story short: Yeah it's a bolt-on. The Ibanez EX was in a stand, the rubber piece that secures the neck was dry rotted and broke, the stand got bumped, the guitar fell forward and hit the ground head stock first. It was a really bad day. I'll never forgive myself for it. The neck's cracked in several places, and compound on it the fact that it's slightly warped from years of my abuse. It's a '92 model and the EX line was discontinued in '93. Ibanez always redesigns everything about their guitars from one year to the next and they never look back, so it's difficult to get replacement necks for their guitar lines that are still in production. Now factor in that my model's been discontinued for over 2 decades... no way in hell. I can't get a replacement neck for the '92 EX. If I had any wood working skills, or knew somebody that does, I could probably get one made, but I neither have the skills, nor do I know anybody that does. I bought the RG as a replacement. With my shitty luck, I'm thinking maybe I should get several. Anyway, the RG's a good guitar, but... that EX was my baby. I replaced all the electronics in it, a bunch of the hardware... it went from being a stock off the shelf low cost Ibanez to a well-respected shredding/thrashing ax that was completely and utterly mine. I was completely heartbroken when the accident happened.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,132 Times in 1,887 Posts
    Awe man, that sucks balls. Have you taken the neck to a luther? Its surprising what they can fix. I've seen some horribly messed up gibson necks repaired. Perhaps there's a different model with same neck? I found this:
    http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_neck_types

Maybe worth buying a junk ex with good neck and swapping?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I honestly don't know where I could find a luthier around my parts.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

KevinD (10-23-2018)