Page 2646 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 1646 2146 2546 2596 2636 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2656 2696 2746 3146 3646 ... LastLast
Results 39,676 to 39,690 of 55058

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,842 Times in 8,180 Posts
    Hey GF, hope the balls resting comfortably.

Something interesting about a courier that Amazon.ca uses. Intelcom Express is one of the worst delivery companies on the planet.

There are no less than five threads on Reddit complaining about them. The most prominent being 'An open letter to Amazon regarding Intelcom'.

I'm sorry...here's some of the complaints:

Drivers keep packages for days if they don't feel like driving to certain areas of the city.

Customers in western Canada will be shown online that their package is out for delivery in Quebec.

Tracking will indicate delivery completed with a signature, and the driver will sign for the customer.

Emailing and calling will result in no responses. One user attempted eight phone calls and sent 14 different query emails.

Drivers will deliver to incorrect addresses, sometimes to other quadrants of the city.

Deliveries include dropping package off on a random step and the driver taking a picture to verify it was dropped.

Deliveries to apartment complexes will be left outside the building or on the lobby floor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reason I brought this up is because I recall you telling us about someone stealing your delivery. By the looks of things people have been canceling their Amazon Prime accounts because of this courier.

I just ordered a cheapo indoor TV antenna because I had to cancel cable and PVR rental from Telus. To my horror I clicked the tracking button on my email and it was 'in transit' through Intelcom My progress bar said 'optimizing delivery' which is a common thing to see using their wonky tracking system. It means you're fucked

Long story ended, it said my thing would get here Weds...I was at home and it got here Weds.

Read some of the Reddit threads. There's so many complaints you can skim and read a few hundred Reason it's funny to me is we used to use 17 different carriers at my old job. From Fed-Ex and UPS on down to Joe's Cartage out of Esquimalt.

I hope Amazon can resolve your issue.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Oh and my new TV antenna actually works great

Put the little pad near the window and bam, six new channels that are close to HD quality. Free and legit.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Godfather (03-02-2018), Pony (03-02-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (03-02-2018)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

Rant

Sometimes the kid just makes me want to

This past Wednesday was an 'open house' kind of deal for incoming freshmen for next year. Go in and drop off your class registrations, talk to teachers, check out the available sports and other extra-curriculars, get a tour of the school, all that jazz. So, we went up there and dropped off the registration and started to wander before the tours started up. Now, I know that I mentioned we may be moving out of state, but the kid got into a program in the school which coincides with local colleges here and if she does all the work to ear the credits, she can actually graduate high school with at least enough college credits to completely skip her freshman year in college and start as a sophomore, so it's kind of a big deal. So we probably won't be moving only because her education is important and we're proud of her for getting into this program (which you need to apply for and get recommendations from your teachers).

So, we started to wander and there was the teacher for this AP social studies course she just HAS to take next year. Now mostly up to this point, the kid has been kinda lazy and stuff when it comes to school, but she's done better this year. However, she's never been involved with anything remotely like an AP course, so, as we're there I say "hey, how about we go talk to the teacher so you can find out what the class is about" and of course the kid just stands there like a stature and says no. Okay, we wander towards the gym where the sports and extra-curriculars are and we pass by a table selling school t-shirts and sweatshirts and whatnot. "Hey, want a shirt or something? I brought cash." And of course the kid says no. We get to the gym and we were looking for the art club table because that's something she was interested in, but no one was there. I see a table set-up for the student government and I say, "hey, how about student government? I did that all 4 years I was in school and it was pretty fun." And I got the standard answer of no again. Then I see that they were setting up the table for the lacrosse team and I would REALLY like her to take up something physical. So I say, "hey, how about lacrosse? That would be fun." Standard answer.

So we go on the tour and of course the students conducting the tour ask at each juncture if there's any questions and of course the kid doesn't make a sound the entire tour.

I was not a happy person on the ride home. I told the wife that one of us could have saved us 90 minutes of our time and just gone and dropped of the registration ourselves. I was irritated and she could tell.

/rant

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Godfather (03-02-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post

This past Wednesday was an 'open house' kind of deal for incoming freshmen for next year. Go in and drop off your class registrations, talk to teachers, check out the available sports and other extra-curriculars, get a tour of the school, all that jazz. So, we went up there and dropped off the registration and started to wander before the tours started up. Now, I know that I mentioned we may be moving out of state, but the kid got into a program in the school which coincides with local colleges here and if she does all the work to ear the credits, she can actually graduate high school with at least enough college credits to completely skip her freshman year in college and start as a sophomore, so it's kind of a big deal. So we probably won't be moving only because her education is important and we're proud of her for getting into this program (which you need to apply for and get recommendations from your teachers).

So, we started to wander and there was the teacher for this AP social studies course she just HAS to take next year. Now mostly up to this point, the kid has been kinda lazy and stuff when it comes to school, but she's done better this year. However, she's never been involved with anything remotely like an AP course, so, as we're there I say "hey, how about we go talk to the teacher so you can find out what the class is about" and of course the kid just stands there like a stature and says no. Okay, we wander towards the gym where the sports and extra-curriculars are and we pass by a table selling school t-shirts and sweatshirts and whatnot. "Hey, want a shirt or something? I brought cash." And of course the kid says no. We get to the gym and we were looking for the art club table because that's something she was interested in, but no one was there. I see a table set-up for the student government and I say, "hey, how about student government? I did that all 4 years I was in school and it was pretty fun." And I got the standard answer of no again. Then I see that they were setting up the table for the lacrosse team and I would REALLY like her to take up something physical. So I say, "hey, how about lacrosse? That would be fun." Standard answer.

So we go on the tour and of course the students conducting the tour ask at each juncture if there's any questions and of course the kid doesn't make a sound the entire tour.

I was not a happy person on the ride home. I told the wife that one of us could have saved us 90 minutes of our time and just gone and dropped of the registration ourselves. I was irritated and she could tell.

/rant
    I'm sorry man, that must make you want to pop.

I wish I could go back 15 years and smack around my teenage self. All those hormones and shit running through you... I wasn't a bad kid but I remember going through a couple years there where I was just grumpy at my parents most of the time - for no reason. I thought they were the most clueless people in the world and as sweet as they were, I acted like a turd. Makes me cringe thinking back on it. I adore my parents, they're great people. I did once apologize for that period and they just laughed.

Obviously I'm not a parent but as someone who was where your daughter is only 10-12 years ago, maybe it'll help to know that she'll snap out of it and regret being such a snot to you sooner than later.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (03-02-2018)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    I'm sorry man, that must make you want to pop.

I wish I could go back 15 years and smack around my teenage self. All those hormones and shit running through you... I wasn't a bad kid but I remember going through a couple years there where I was just grumpy at my parents most of the time - for no reason. I thought they were the most clueless people in the world and as sweet as they were, I acted like a turd. Makes me cringe thinking back on it. I adore my parents, they're great people. I did once apologize for that period and they just laughed.

Obviously I'm not a parent but as someone who was where your daughter is only 10-12 years ago, maybe it'll help to know that she'll snap out of it and regret being such a snot to you sooner than later.
    Yeah, it was frustrating as fuck I know as a kid I wasn't always a model citizen either and had my moments of resenting my mother (my parents were divorced when I was 9) but I never acted like the kid did the other night. FFS this whole night is for YOU. And if you want to be in this program and actually want to go on to college for something, you need to be a well rounded student and you NEED to take extra curricular activities, not just be a good student. I'm almost dreading next year because when she gets hit with this type of program it's going to be like nothing she's seen before. Tons of homework and actual expectations and a lot less hand holding than she gets in middle school.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post

/rant
    Yeah man agreeing with GF, try not to get too upset with her. When you're that age the future doesn't exist and if she's doing the no thing to every possible possibility, there may be more underneath her silent responses. Maybe you and Mom need to have an open chat asking her why she's not positive towards the things you guys feel are worthwhile? Let her tell you the reason why, rather than framing it like she's missing out...

On the plus side...getting enough high school credits to skip the first year of college??? Most kids at her age probably don't recognize what an absolutely huge benefit that could be. Don't be too hard on her if she doesn't take advantage or become enthused about future schooling. At her age I was.....well, you don't want to hear what I was doing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Oh and my new TV antenna actually works great

Put the little pad near the window and bam, six new channels that are close to HD quality. Free and legit.
    Just to add a little to this...the antenna pad fell down within 12 hours because the window got cold. (they come with two sided sticky things)

So after worrying so much about geography and high positioning, I just leaned the pad up in the bottom part of the window and it works fine

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Just looked outside and it's white out there. Another foot of snow and it's not stopping.

C'mon, where do you think I live...England ffs???

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Just looked outside and it's white out there. Another foot of snow and it's not stopping.

C'mon, where do you think I live...England ffs???
    Would these help

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (03-02-2018), Hal-9000 (03-03-2018), KevinD (03-03-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    i have a 14 and 12 year old now lance and feel your pain. trying to get an idea out of them for anything to do is like fucking pulling teeth

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    i was supposed to be at a meeting sponsored by the NIH today, but with the very subtle flurries in DC, they cancelled everything and closed up shop for the day... being from minnesota, this is absolutely ridiculous. the snow lasted maybe a couple hours and didn't even stay on the ground to see it

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I didn't apply myself at all until 11th and 12th grade when it actually mattered for getting into Uni. That said, even when I was trying I (and half the class) needed tutors for AP math. That shit was hard The downside of AP was that I didn't have much time for extracurricular stuff. I stayed in band, played one sport and volunteered a bit to keep my resume rounded, but I missed a lot of music lessons and games because they homework load and studying for finals was soul crushing. First year university was like a vacation after that though, so fun, worth it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    i was supposed to be at a meeting sponsored by the NIH today, but with the very subtle flurries in DC, they cancelled everything and closed up shop for the day... being from minnesota, this is absolutely ridiculous. the snow lasted maybe a couple hours and didn't even stay on the ground to see it
    We got buried again. Over 200 reported accidents by 4 pm and police listed weather conditions as disastrous. I couldn't leave my house yesterday... and I think I have a case of cabin fever

Over a foot of new snow on top of existing ice on the roads. Our city people have got to get it together as they were closing down roads last night.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    Want me to come pick you up?

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Billy Herrington :RIP: Memelord