Page 1704 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 704 1204 1604 1654 1694 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1714 1754 1804 2204 2704 ... LastLast
Results 25,546 to 25,560 of 55059

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    heh...goof, hadnt even heard of chi gung back then, couldnt fathom for the life of me why anyone would want to bother doing something as boring as meditation, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Jezter View Post
    Faaabulouusss!!

Well, javelin being quite technical discipline, everyone has a bit of a different run/carry/draw. Not to mention the subtle grip differences... What kind of a carry/run are we talking about? Something else than the usual above head/head level?
    yessir I never liked the above the head carry...javs are light as all hell, there is no logical reason to alter your body mechanics to carry it like...like you're going to jav throw a pole vault pole part of the reason I had a vertical carry on the pole vault was all about the run, making the running motion as close to natural and balanced as possible so that the greatest speed could get generated with the run. this was the same reason for modifying the jav carry, in fact I took a few things from pole vault approach and applied them to jav.

so stand straight, shoulders square, open the shoulderblades a bit in the back, palms facing backward at the sides. now add the jav - impact end points straight up, grip can happen naturally just standing there like this.

now try running with the jav like this - both of your arms are free to move as a normal run with the up and down motion just like running empty handed. I taught this kid a similar run approach, start off easy and have your final step be what you consider your maximum sprint speed - and screw anyone that tells you that you arent running with the jav correctly, aint no wrong way to eat a reese's.

when the throw goes to happen, the hand/forearm/arm twist laterally...and as the shoulders naturally open up to begin the throwing motion, the jav will naturally make about a 270 degree rotation, and once the rotation is complete, you are just about in perfect throwing stance. its mostly normal jav throw once you bring the jav back...bring low to high 45 degrees high hard release about 2/3rds of a stride past your last step, and make sure you leave enough room to stop yourself from going over the line of course.

but also one other key part of the run/throw was that since the arms were much more engaged in the run itself, there was more of that dynamic energy available - so extra revisions I added like as the 270 rotation happens with the throwing arm dropping back, the passive arm takes its motions and the arm comes forward, to be ripped the fk back, tucking the elbow a bit along the way past the body as the throwing arm comes forward. (my 5 yrs older bro was a great pitcher, built a mound in the back yard...so by the the tie I came up with jav throw stuff I was already able to throw a curve ball a good 3-4 years...was never quite able to hit 80 on a fastball through, but I got close some times.) its like a lot of these disciplines overlap, so when something useful from one becomes useful in another...take it!

let me know what you think, oh master of jav throw pretty sure I explained it well enough but if I have to do pics or vid I can.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,888 Posts
    Too much apple pie. Does not compute. Need pics or vid, lol

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Completely wasted the day.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    fuck kentucky

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    yeah

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,139 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    heh...goof, hadnt even heard of chi gung back then, couldnt fathom for the life of me why anyone would want to bother doing something as boring as meditation, etc...

yessir I never liked the above the head carry...javs are light as all hell, there is no logical reason to alter your body mechanics to carry it like...like you're going to jav throw a pole vault pole part of the reason I had a vertical carry on the pole vault was all about the run, making the running motion as close to natural and balanced as possible so that the greatest speed could get generated with the run. this was the same reason for modifying the jav carry, in fact I took a few things from pole vault approach and applied them to jav.

so stand straight, shoulders square, open the shoulderblades a bit in the back, palms facing backward at the sides. now add the jav - impact end points straight up, grip can happen naturally just standing there like this.

now try running with the jav like this - both of your arms are free to move as a normal run with the up and down motion just like running empty handed. I taught this kid a similar run approach, start off easy and have your final step be what you consider your maximum sprint speed - and screw anyone that tells you that you arent running with the jav correctly, aint no wrong way to eat a reese's.

when the throw goes to happen, the hand/forearm/arm twist laterally...and as the shoulders naturally open up to begin the throwing motion, the jav will naturally make about a 270 degree rotation, and once the rotation is complete, you are just about in perfect throwing stance. its mostly normal jav throw once you bring the jav back...bring low to high 45 degrees high hard release about 2/3rds of a stride past your last step, and make sure you leave enough room to stop yourself from going over the line of course.

but also one other key part of the run/throw was that since the arms were much more engaged in the run itself, there was more of that dynamic energy available - so extra revisions I added like as the 270 rotation happens with the throwing arm dropping back, the passive arm takes its motions and the arm comes forward, to be ripped the fk back, tucking the elbow a bit along the way past the body as the throwing arm comes forward. (my 5 yrs older bro was a great pitcher, built a mound in the back yard...so by the the tie I came up with jav throw stuff I was already able to throw a curve ball a good 3-4 years...was never quite able to hit 80 on a fastball through, but I got close some times.) its like a lot of these disciplines overlap, so when something useful from one becomes useful in another...take it!

let me know what you think, oh master of jav throw pretty sure I explained it well enough but if I have to do pics or vid I can.
    First of all, I am in no way any sort of a master! I didn't win anything in the Finnish Championship levels, just lower league stuff.

That technique sounds way too complicated for the short run up and wind up time. Especially cuz the running straight part is not even that big. Maybe half, or a little over half of the total approach distance... So many things have to go right and carrying the javelin in that position just sounds too difficult to be honest. I mean, altering your whole technique that much would probably eat away the benefits from a simpler run up and carry. One has more time to focus on the steps, body position and draw when the javelin is simply already there where the distance for the draw is smaller. With that 270 degrees swing and then trying to get your body in the right position, get your feet going and planting them solid...too much going on. Everything can get so much easier messed up than doing it the simpler way. If I tried your style, I'd probably be snapping at my heels with the tail end, piercing my ear with the pointy end. While the javelin isn't that heavy, it is pretty damn tall...I just can't see how it can in any way feel natural. Unless you have been trying it with a junior javelin and not men's javelin...you just don't lug around 2,6m (8,5 feet) javelin "naturally" in your hand like a club... Just so much moving parts put into the javelin carry there. To me it is more efficient and smarter to do it the "old way" cuz it leaves you to better focus on your run, steps, body position, draw and send off.

I am not bashing your own style at all, just that to me it sounds too complicated even if you have a great idea in mixing disciplines a little and trying to make things feel more natural.
    Last edited by Jezter; 04-06-2014 at 08:58 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    it is so much more simple it aint even funny I will have to do vid of it. runup and stuff was concepts I took from pv, but the carry is all jav, and super simple, way more natural.

you know me, I can take an apple pie and explain it in all its beautiful simplicity...like its the death star

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Clicked on this link http://www.dpmag.com/

...bummed when I found out it was about digital photography.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (04-09-2014)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Well, that was a weekend shot to hell

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    That was relatively painless. First good thing of the day... I don't have to fill out this recovery affidavit since there's absolutely nothing to recover. Yay Visa for being on top of shit.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Well, that was a weekend shot to hell
    damn bro...it seems like you always say stuff like this. I do hope you actually find time in there somewhere to enjoy yourself and not let life weigh on ya too much. Aint good for long term health.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    damn bro...it seems like you always say stuff like this. I do hope you actually find time in there somewhere to enjoy yourself and not let life weigh on ya too much. Aint good for long term health.
    I was stuck at a wedding out of town all weekend

He who laughs, lasts. Noilly Pratt's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 705 Posts
    On Sunday, a buddy of mine phoned and said he'd just come from his in-laws memorial and was bummed...and had had a bad week as well. So I invited him to meet me at the beach and, after a long walk, as our daughters played near the water we sat on a log and watched the sunset slowly sink into the pacific ocean.

Great way to end a weekend. Would've loved a deck chair and a nice cool beverage, but oh well, summer's coming!

Signature created way-back-when by Goofy

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

On the plus side, it was really beautiful up there. This is the view from the pavilion where the wedding ceremony took place.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

FBD (04-08-2014)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Got a wife and kids in Baltimore, Jack
    I went out for a ride and I never went back
    Like a river that don't know where it's flowing
    I took a wrong turn and I just kept going