Page 1952 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 952 1452 1852 1902 1942 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1962 2002 2052 2452 2952 ... LastLast
Results 29,266 to 29,280 of 55059

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    When you read about what actually happens to your brain receptors and physical brain chemistry after smoking for decades...and how the tobacco industry has upped their game so to speak regarding the science of addiction...it's no wonder the withdrawal has been considered stronger than heroin or crack. And also no wonder people get depressed or disconnected as you mention when going through it.
    Well, you've gotta figure, what else does the tobacco industry have? I'm not trying to be an apologist by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not like their business model involves expansion into other industries. Of course, they would defend it using any means necessary. Their existence is at stake.

The brain composition thing is scary as hell. If I had known that before I started smoking, I never ever ever would have ever started at all.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Well, you've gotta figure, what else does the tobacco industry have? I'm not trying to be an apologist by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not like their business model involves expansion into other industries. Of course, they would defend it using any means necessary. Their existence is at stake.

The brain composition thing is scary as hell. If I had known that before I started smoking, I never ever ever would have ever started at all.
    I read something about how they recruit scientists/biologists...literally make offers they can't refuse in terms of $...and then sign them for life. Yes when your company makes 10 billion in a calendar year, they will leave no stone unturned when trying to 'improve' their product

and I agree...if I had known about how deep down the rabbit hole the art of addiction went, I would have been more scared at the outset of that stupid habit.

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    When you read about what actually happens to your brain receptors and physical brain chemistry after smoking for decades...and how the tobacco industry has upped their game so to speak regarding the science of addiction...it's no wonder the withdrawal has been considered stronger than heroin or crack. And also no wonder people get depressed or disconnected as you mention when going through it.
    odd thing is the only thing I was ever really addicted to was the habituated act itself, and the attendant thought musings. I've smoked 3 or 4 times in life....like 3 or 4 chunks of life, some years, and eventually, each time I had just stopped buying them, and then refused to buy more. smoked em if I had em and smoked em till they were gone, but once they were gone, the hard and fast rule of you cant buy anymore did it decently well.

the big key to breaking a habit....was just telling another buddy of mine this recently as he is trying to quit his own stuff....the big key is recognizing when the old habit energy arises. seize that energy and do something with it - take that old habit energy and establish a new habit energy. each time you perceive the old habit energy beginning to raise, immediately route to your new habit, take all of the arising habit energy and redirect it!

the nature of energy is transformation - so that's why it is doubly tough to kill a habit without having something else take its place, because energy does not like to stagnate.

good luck homey, buy your last pack and then just dont buy no mo'

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    really appreciate the honesty DGX...I'm scared of failure for a lot of reasons...but hearing about the darker side actually helps Some of idiocy being printed as 'fact' really pisses me off. Like the smoker on this forum who was 22, had smoked off and on for about 6 years and then teased everyone else there about quitting, because she had no problem after the first week..

I read that the tobacco industry has constantly changed the recipe and smoking now is different than smoking even 10 or 20 years ago because of the new chemical agents they put in cigarettes. And one science guy in the industry actually fessed up and said that someone who smokes for 10 years is different than someone who smokes for 30 years....every additional day, every additional cigarette adds to the withdrawal (well duhhh, but nice to see it in print)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-11-2015)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    I'm hungry

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I read something about how they recruit scientists/biologists...literally make offers they can't refuse in terms of $...and then sign them for life. Yes when your company makes 10 billion in a calendar year, they will leave no stone unturned when trying to 'improve' their product

and I agree...if I had known about how deep down the rabbit hole the art of addiction went, I would have been more scared at the outset of that stupid habit.
    I somehow innately knew that about my personality, too easy....that's why I never touched anything harder than alcohol or weed. (at least not knowingly, usually people will think you're full of shit if you tell them you accidentally smoked some coke once before you knew what a 'snowcap' was and thought you were getting passed a weed pipe, BLEH why does this taste like plastic! and then one or two of 'em laughed. oooh, that's what it means. ok, I'm all set on this!

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    really appreciate the honesty DGX...I'm scared of failure for a lot of reasons...but hearing about the darker side actually helps Some of idiocy being printed as 'fact' really pisses me off. Like the smoker on this forum who was 22, had smoked off and on for about 6 years and then teased everyone else there about quitting, because she had no problem after the first week..

I read that the tobacco industry has constantly changed the recipe and smoking now is different than smoking even 10 or 20 years ago because of the new chemical agents they put in cigarettes. And one science guy in the industry actually fessed up and said that someone who smokes for 10 years is different than someone who smokes for 30 years....every additional day, every additional cigarette adds to the withdrawal (well duhhh, but nice to see it in print)
    last time I smoked it was only american spirit organic ones, it was actual real tobacco without a million chemicals on it

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    odd thing is the only thing I was ever really addicted to was the habituated act itself, and the attendant thought musings. I've smoked 3 or 4 times in life....like 3 or 4 chunks of life, some years, and eventually, each time I had just stopped buying them, and then refused to buy more. smoked em if I had em and smoked em till they were gone, but once they were gone, the hard and fast rule of you cant buy anymore did it decently well.

the big key to breaking a habit....was just telling another buddy of mine this recently as he is trying to quit his own stuff....the big key is recognizing when the old habit energy arises. seize that energy and do something with it - take that old habit energy and establish a new habit energy. each time you perceive the old habit energy beginning to raise, immediately route to your new habit, take all of the arising habit energy and redirect it!

the nature of energy is transformation - so that's why it is doubly tough to kill a habit without having something else take its place, because energy does not like to stagnate.

good luck homey, buy your last pack and then just dont buy no mo'
    One of the urban legends is that the cravings will last only 5 or 10 minutes at a time, then back off if you can get past it. Most honest reports by smokers trying to quit say that is total hogwash More like a constant craving all day long with about 5 minutes of not thinking about it. (these are heavy, daily smokers for decades)

I do look forward to what you mention though FBD....when that feeling hits strong, try to focus the energy on doing something else. Like chopping wood with my hands

Not looking forward to constant anxiety and not sleeping....I already have insomnia issues (and they are bad..) and I suspect part of those old not sleeping issues are from nicotine in the first place.

appreciated mang

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

FBD (02-11-2015)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I'm hungry
    kill some live game, light a fire and cook something then

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

FBD (02-11-2015)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    kill some live game, light a fire and cook something then

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    made you think about it

we used to have rabbits, deer, coyotes walk by our old shop every week...

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    One of the urban legends is that the cravings will last only 5 or 10 minutes at a time, then back off if you can get past it. Most honest reports by smokers trying to quit say that is total hogwash More like a constant craving all day long with about 5 minutes of not thinking about it. (these are heavy, daily smokers for decades)

I do look forward to what you mention though FBD....when that feeling hits strong, try to focus the energy on doing something else. Like chopping wood with my hands

Not looking forward to constant anxiety and not sleeping....I already have insomnia issues (and they are bad..) and I suspect part of those old not sleeping issues are from nicotine in the first place.

appreciated mang
    "if you can get past it"

"getting past it" also involves cessation of thinking about it if you keep thinking about it, bloody hell you're in for a bad time.

the not sleeping....for me, always meditative breath and paying attention to that....done repeatedly until consciousness is no more. the more you think the more you're going to stay up. focusing on physical movement prevents thought, although thought-stream-energy will still seep up and find its way out (at least before a certain level of refinement... I've been at points where the potential at the midbrain is strong enough to arrest thought-stream-energy before it manifests. strange. can feel it move almost as if thought would happen, but I increase the brightness of the light turning around, and the potential is taken over by the light technique. but that only came after quite a while of training, and is not very efficient right now because it is a practice dynamic, and my practice dynamic is relatively shitty right now.)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FBD For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (02-11-2015)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    "if you can get past it"

"getting past it" also involves cessation of thinking about it if you keep thinking about it, bloody hell you're in for a bad time.

the not sleeping....for me, always meditative breath and paying attention to that....done repeatedly until consciousness is no more. the more you think the more you're going to stay up. focusing on physical movement prevents thought, although thought-stream-energy will still seep up and find its way out (at least before a certain level of refinement... I've been at points where the potential at the midbrain is strong enough to arrest thought-stream-energy before it manifests. strange. can feel it move almost as if thought would happen, but I increase the brightness of the light turning around, and the potential is taken over by the light technique. but that only came after quite a while of training, and is not very efficient right now because it is a practice dynamic, and my practice dynamic is relatively shitty right now.)
    I believe very strongly in the physical effects of agents on the body....just 'not thinking about it' is good advice, but also a fallacy when it comes to nicotine addiction. That shit still affects your body for months after quitting. As recent science indicates, the physical components of smoking are being revealed to last longer than previously thought, and the mental addiction is being looked at as false, because the physical agents are still affecting change (in long term smokers...who smoke real cigarettes with all 147 chemicals )

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I understand, but dont discount the mental aspect, it is every bit as powerful if not moreso

in other news, FUCK............
    went into my attic to smoke some weed and I hear water dripping. looked over by where the roof meets and wet, drip, drip driup.....son of a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

19. The Following User Says Thank You to FBD For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (02-11-2015)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I hate it when life things ruin weed breaks