Page 2555 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 1555 2055 2455 2505 2545 2553 2554 2555 2556 2557 2565 2605 2655 3055 3555 ... LastLast
Results 38,311 to 38,325 of 55059

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Who knew that you could be allergic to shitty laundry detergent?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Lance, your dogs are adorable. I want a dog.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (11-08-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Wife finds out if she gets accepted into her sub-specialty fellowship tomorrow. Hope it goes well but it's a competitive program. Even if she doesn't get it, she'll complete her 4-year specialty program in internal medicine and it's still a great job, but a fellowship would make it easier to work at a major hospital right downtown where we live. Keep her in your thoughts for us! I'll hopefully post the good news tomorrow

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Goofy (11-08-2017), Teh One Who Knocks (11-08-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Good luck to your wife, brother.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Godfather (11-08-2017)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Lance, your dogs are adorable. I want a dog.
    Get one

Just make trips to the shelters and check out the local rescue groups, I'm sure you will find one or six you wanna take home Plus, the animals like the attention when they get visits at the shelter.

Three of the four dogs we've had and both cats are all rescues. The two cats and the newest pup Loki came from local animal shelters. Pepper and Bullet (RIP) both came from a rescue group. We would have gotten out Saint Bernard from a rescue group as there's a Saint Bernard rescue in Colorado, but when we put in an application, all we got was a form letter back that didn't indicate why we were being turned down I'm pretty sure I know why, but it would have been nice if they would have said then we could have gotten past it and adopted from them. But, since I really wanted a St Bernard and hadn't had one since I was a kid, we went thru a breeder. Now, so long as you do your research, breeders aren't necessarily a bad thing. Yes, there are the ones that just feed into the puppy mills and are completely despicable. But, if you do your research, you can find reputable dog breeders out there, and sometimes, if you have your heart set on a particular breed, that might be the route you have to go. Biggest drawbacks with breeders is the price, they are usually super expensive, depending on the breed.

Wife finds out if she gets accepted into her sub-specialty fellowship tomorrow. Hope it goes well but it's a competitive program. Even if she doesn't get it, she'll complete her 4-year specialty program in internal medicine and it's still a great job, but a fellowship would make it easier to work at a major hospital right downtown where we live. Keep her in your thoughts for us! I'll hopefully post the good news tomorrow

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Godfather (11-09-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Tin soldiers and Nixon coming,
    We're finally on our own.
    This summer I hear the drumming,
    Four dead in Ohio.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks guys, she got it!! Really happy for her. It means a 5-year residency now instead of four, but she'll hold certifications in two medical specialties now and more importantly is going to be doing internal/critical medical care with the elderly who (for some reason) she adores

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (11-09-2017), Teh One Who Knocks (11-09-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Get one

Just make trips to the shelters and check out the local rescue groups, I'm sure you will find one or six you wanna take home Plus, the animals like the attention when they get visits at the shelter.

Three of the four dogs we've had and both cats are all rescues. The two cats and the newest pup Loki came from local animal shelters. Pepper and Bullet (RIP) both came from a rescue group. We would have gotten out Saint Bernard from a rescue group as there's a Saint Bernard rescue in Colorado, but when we put in an application, all we got was a form letter back that didn't indicate why we were being turned down I'm pretty sure I know why, but it would have been nice if they would have said then we could have gotten past it and adopted from them. But, since I really wanted a St Bernard and hadn't had one since I was a kid, we went thru a breeder. Now, so long as you do your research, breeders aren't necessarily a bad thing. Yes, there are the ones that just feed into the puppy mills and are completely despicable. But, if you do your research, you can find reputable dog breeders out there, and sometimes, if you have your heart set on a particular breed, that might be the route you have to go. Biggest drawbacks with breeders is the price, they are usually super expensive, depending on the breed.
    Absolutely, I completely understand getting the breed your heart is set on. My wife's dogs growing up were mostly rescues and were great, smart, healthy mutts.

But I had wanted wanted a golden retriever my whole life, and so when my parents finally caved and let me get one, I had to buy him from a breeder because I couldn't find one to adopt. It was a nice little family that had been professional breeders for decades with a great reputation. Our pooch was actually a bit older, 6 months, as they orginally wanted to keep him as a show dog but he ended up being too small for a male to show. This place wasn't a puppy mill by any stretch of the imagination. That dog was so sweet and beautiful, and lived a long fairly healthy life. I know rescuing is the right thing to do but dammit I want a golden retriever so bad
    Last edited by Godfather; 11-09-2017 at 03:23 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (11-09-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    congrats gf, that's awesome that she got what she was hoping for

16. The Following User Says Thank You to deebakes For This Useful Post:

Godfather (11-09-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks guys, she got it!! Really happy for her. It means a 5-year residency now instead of four, but she'll hold certifications in two medical specialties now and more importantly is going to be doing internal/critical medical care with the elderly who (for some reason) she adores
    Congrats, brother. Maybe she likes the same attention that dirty old Canadian men give her that everybody down here gets in trouble for.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Godfather (11-09-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Congrats, brother. Maybe she likes the same attention that dirty old Canadian men give her that everybody down here gets in trouble for.

Sorry, couldn't help it.
    She certainly hasn't been called a 'cocktail waitress' at work by anyone but dirty old men so your guess is as good as mine.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (11-09-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Isn't there some law about companies that email you without permission?

I recently got so fed up with all the emails from places I've shopped at once and went on a huge tear unsubscribing from about a dozen of their email lists. Well lo and behold, about 3-4 of them have continued to email me two weeks later. I thought I'd heard somewhere that they'd instituted fines or punishment for that... maybe it was just a nice dream...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

RBP (11-10-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Isn't there some law about companies that email you without permission?

I recently got so fed up with all the emails from places I've shopped at once and went on a huge tear unsubscribing from about a dozen of their email lists. Well lo and behold, about 3-4 of them have continued to email me two weeks later. I thought I'd heard somewhere that they'd instituted fines or punishment for that... maybe it was just a nice dream...
    I made the mistake of clicking okay to "let us send out your information to other job boards to increase visibility".

I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Wow, there's gonna be another Star Wars trilogy after this one.