Page 2615 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 1615 2115 2515 2565 2605 2613 2614 2615 2616 2617 2625 2665 2715 3115 3615 ... LastLast
Results 39,211 to 39,225 of 55059

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    Really? I thought you guys were relatively happy there...
    We are/were for the most part. But it's getting worse and worse to live here anymore. Cost of living has absolutely skyrocketed. Between the two of us we make pretty decent money, but with the cost of everything, it's turning into a paycheck-to-paycheck scenario more and more. And the drugs and violence in the city is getting worse and worse. It's not on the level of someplace like Chicago yet, but ever since the legalization of weed a few years ago, the homeless population has just exploded, there are homeless begging on nearly every street corner now, even in the suburbs, and the violent crimes have become more worrying. Just over the weekend there were 3 more shootings in the city with multiple dead, all homicides. And just a little over a week ago, just a few miles from our house, a deputy sheriff was shot and killed when responding to a report of an attempted robbery.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    So, the wife and I have started discussing the possibility of moving out of Colorado.
    You're not welcome in Scotland

Seriously though........ why?

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    You're not welcome in Scotland

Seriously though........ why?
    Scratch that^^, i now see your reply above

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    We are/were for the most part. But it's getting worse and worse to live here anymore. Cost of living has absolutely skyrocketed. Between the two of us we make pretty decent money, but with the cost of everything, it's turning into a paycheck-to-paycheck scenario more and more. And the drugs and violence in the city is getting worse and worse. It's not on the level of someplace like Chicago yet, but ever since the legalization of weed a few years ago, the homeless population has just exploded, there are homeless begging on nearly every street corner now, even in the suburbs, and the violent crimes have become more worrying. Just over the weekend there were 3 more shootings in the city with multiple dead, all homicides. And just a little over a week ago, just a few miles from our house, a deputy sheriff was shot and killed when responding to a report of an attempted robbery.
    I don't know much about urban US, but you could try these two links

https://www.moneycrashers.com/most-a...e-cities-live/

https://www.businessinsider.in/The-2...w/59887609.cms

I imagine though, finding the right area within the cities is just as important

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    I don't know much about urban US, but you could try these two links

https://www.moneycrashers.com/most-a...e-cities-live/

https://www.businessinsider.in/The-2...w/59887609.cms

I imagine though, finding the right area within the cities is just as important
    It's not one thing, it's all of the things I mentioned above. It's just not as great a place as it used to be here. And I didn't even mention the growing illegal population.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (02-05-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    I had guessed that the cost of living had skyrocketed but was unaware of the rest of it. It seems any time an area of the US becomes a "Hot Spot" destination, these things happen. Fucking Yuppies. Years ago it was the Tempe Arizona region, now look at whats going on there.

Any thoughts on locations if you decide it's time to go?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I had guessed that the cost of living had skyrocketed but was unaware of the rest of it. It seems any time an area of the US becomes a "Hot Spot" destination, these things happen. Fucking Yuppies. Years ago it was the Tempe Arizona region, now look at whats going on there.

Any thoughts on locations if you decide it's time to go?
    And that's exactly it, the population of Denver has been growing and growing. Lots of people from California and Texas moving here, all with money jacking up the prices of everything. It used to be just the southern suburbs of Denver that was affected by it, but now it's the whole metro area. Even some of the outlying towns 50 miles or more outside the metro area are seeing the housing prices go bananas. Homes that shouldn't be worth more than $150K are selling for between $300 and $400K. It's crazy. And the average price for rent now in Denver is $1400/month because there are no empty apartments. They are filling up as fast as they can build them.

We are actually thinking of either Montana or Idaho, possibly North or South Dakota, but more than likely it would be one of the first two.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And that's exactly it, the population of Denver has been growing and growing. Lots of people from California and Texas moving here, all with money jacking up the prices of everything. It used to be just the southern suburbs of Denver that was affected by it, but now it's the whole metro area. Even some of the outlying towns 50 miles or more outside the metro area are seeing the housing prices go bananas. Homes that shouldn't be worth more than $150K are selling for between $300 and $400K. It's crazy. And the average price for rent now in Denver is $1400/month because there are no empty apartments. They are filling up as fast as they can build them.

We are actually thinking of either Montana or Idaho, possibly North or South Dakota, but more than likely it would be one of the first two.
    So do you think the homeless issue is directly related to the pot laws or due to people being priced out of their homes/losing jobs because of oversaturation in the job market,etc? I know the illegal issue is 100% related to liberal policies.

On the plus side with the overpriced real estate you should be able to make a good deal selling your house! Does your company have other locations you could request a transfer to or would you be starting from scratch?

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Just saw someone point out that #metoo could be read as "pound me too"
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-05-2018), Muddy (02-05-2018), Pony (02-05-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (02-05-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    So do you think the homeless issue is directly related to the pot laws or due to people being priced out of their homes/losing jobs because of oversaturation in the job market,etc? I know the illegal issue is 100% related to liberal policies.

On the plus side with the overpriced real estate you should be able to make a good deal selling your house! Does your company have other locations you could request a transfer to or would you be starting from scratch?
    The homeless population really started to expand when pot was legalized, and the more it expands, the more homeless we see, everywhere. I'm sure some of it is due to people being priced out of their homes, but unemployment in Colorado is low (2.9%) and there are lots of places still hiring all over the metro area, so the people that want jobs pretty much have them. And yeah, the illegals are because of the way the state is now. It was a red state when I first moved here and now it's solidly a blue state. And the city of Denver is a sanctuary city as well as some of the outlying suburbs. It's ridiculous. You can drive thru parts of Denver and think you were in Mexico instead.

And the place I work at is just a single location small business, but the good thing would be, like you mentioned, we would make out good on selling out home and have a nice chunk of money to put down on another one somewhere else and even starting from scratch, we would be able to get by without needing to make killer money right off the bat.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    ...In that case I'm a Philly fan and and they're going to win by 10.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-05-2018), RBP (02-05-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The homeless population really started to expand when pot was legalized, and the more it expands, the more homeless we see, everywhere. I'm sure some of it is due to people being priced out of their homes, but unemployment in Colorado is low (2.9%) and there are lots of places still hiring all over the metro area, so the people that want jobs pretty much have them. And yeah, the illegals are because of the way the state is now. It was a red state when I first moved here and now it's solidly a blue state. And the city of Denver is a sanctuary city as well as some of the outlying suburbs. It's ridiculous. You can drive thru parts of Denver and think you were in Mexico instead.

And the place I work at is just a single location small business, but the good thing would be, like you mentioned, we would make out good on selling out home and have a nice chunk of money to put down on another one somewhere else and even starting from scratch, we would be able to get by without needing to make killer money right off the bat.
    Also with the solid Red states you're looking at I'm sure companies are looking into expanding in this economy, You might be able to find something similar in pay.
    Wanna buy my house, I'll give you a good deal! Even have a fenced in yard for the dogs!

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Never did get to watch the game. Every streaming service wanted me to log into something and if I tried a VPN, they wanted me to pay for that service.

Did manage to find a great 26 minute recap vid that showed plays from every drive that scored and the important bits

It was a good way to watch four hours of football

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Never did get to watch the game. Every streaming service wanted me to log into something and if I tried a VPN, they wanted me to pay for that service.

Did manage to find a great 26 minute recap vid that showed plays from every drive that scored and the important bits

It was a good way to watch four hours of football

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    How do you think I felt? Reading Twitter streams is NOT the way to enjoy a game.

It was a Charlie Brown Superbowl