Page 2622 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 1622 2122 2522 2572 2612 2620 2621 2622 2623 2624 2632 2672 2722 3122 3622 ... LastLast
Results 39,316 to 39,330 of 55058

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,831 Times in 8,170 Posts
    One more ghost flush and I'm calling Zelda Rubinstein

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    One more ghost flush and I'm calling Zelda Rubinstein
    Could be a demon flush to try and get the ghosts in trouble

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The only demon I know is probably rinsing his throat with salt water right about now

If he isn't, he should be!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    I got some Halls last night, took one, and slept for about 6 hours. I took a hot shower and feel a little better. Both the sleep and shower helped. My throat's not as sore as it was yesterday. I'm still a little stuffy, but not as runny as I was. I'm still a little disconnected, but not so bad that I can't reason clearly, which is a point that I haven't even gotten to yet since this ordeal began. It's definitely not the flu, just a head cold. I just need to go back to bed and rest.

Come to think of it, my toilets have been doing the ghost flush thing ever since we moved in, and my water bill was a tad on the high side this past pay period.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (02-09-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I got some Halls last night, took one, and slept for about 6 hours. I took a hot shower and feel a little better. Both the sleep and shower helped. My throat's not as sore as it was yesterday. I'm still a little stuffy, but not as runny as I was. I'm still a little disconnected, but not so bad that I can't reason clearly, which is a point that I haven't even gotten to yet since this ordeal began. It's definitely not the flu, just a head cold. I just need to go back to bed and rest.

Come to think of it, my toilets have been doing the ghost flush thing ever since we moved in, and my water bill was a tad on the high side this past pay period.
    I have advice on both fronts. Colds hate garlic and curry. I realize you've probably heard that advice but if you don't have the flu, those foods really work on opening up your sinuses and getting the cold germs out.

and

You don't want to hear what I've learned about toilets in the past three days My problem is specific to the make, but ghost flushing can happen to anyone. My 'econo-toilet' uses only 4 liters of water per flush (around a gallon), but I estimate it's been doing ghost flushes every day for about two months. Who knows how many times a day...

And the worst part is that the excess water can be going into your subfloor. I just assumed the base seal was fine and that wasn't happening and it was going back down the main drain.

Easy to diagnose. Take the tank lid off, flush the toilet and use a marker to note a line where the water comes up to after a flush. Then look at it 15 minutes, 30 minutes later. If the tank water level is going down, it's likely and hopefully leaking through your flapper seal. And more hope in that ordering the necessary, yet simple parts stops the activity

And I'm still not talking to you for deliberately using a triggering phrase on me. I hope you get snot on the front of your shirt.
    Last edited by Hal-9000; 02-09-2018 at 05:57 PM. Reason: wordz stuff

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (02-09-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,558 Times in 5,209 Posts
    Fuck me... I'm sick. Fucking, fuck, fuck, fuck-fuck, fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck!
    Same here. Nasty head cold. My second bout. I am stuck in a hotel in the middle of fcking nowhere, having spent the whole day in a third world hospital.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I have advice on both fronts. Colds hate garlic and curry. I realize you've probably heard that advice but if you don't have the flu, those foods really work on opening up your sinuses and getting the cold germs out.

and

You don't want to hear what I've learned about toilets in the past three days My problem is specific to the make, but ghost flushing can happen to anyone. My 'econo-toilet' uses only 4 liters of water per flush (around a gallon), but I estimate it's been doing ghost flushes every day for about two months. Who knows how many times a day...

And the worst part is that the excess water can be going into your subfloor. I just assumed the base seal was fine and that wasn't happening and it was going back down the main drain.

Easy to diagnose. Take the tank lid off, flush the toilet and use a marker to note a line where the water comes up to after a flush. Then look at it 15 minutes, 30 minutes later. If the tank water level is going down, it's likely and hopefully leaking through your flapper seal. And more hope in that ordering the necessary, yet simple parts stops the activity

And I'm still not talking to you for deliberately using a triggering phrase on me. I hope you get snot on the front of your shirt.
    I have tons of garlic, but unfortunately, I can't eat a whole ton of it. I've been taking a probiotic for a separate issue and the allicin in garlic tends to kill bacteria indiscriminately. I need that probiotic to work. I don't know how to make curry. I have a habanero based hot sauce that I put on everything. It helps better than horseradish with the nasal passages. I'll put it in my chicken noodle soup.

My development is currently still in building mode, so when they build a new house in the neighborhood, it affects the water here. I think, but am not 100% certain, that's the issue with the toilets here.

I need to go back and figure out which triggering phrase I used. I can't remember.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Same here. Nasty head cold. My second bout. I am stuck in a hotel in the middle of fcking nowhere, having spent the whole day in a third world hospital.
    Yikes...were you in the hospital for work or to address your own health?

No offense, but it's -31 here and the snow won't stop. I'd take just about any third world destination about now

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I don't feel like being here at work anymore today

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I have tons of garlic, but unfortunately, I can't eat a whole ton of it. I've been taking a probiotic for a separate issue and the allicin in garlic tends to kill bacteria indiscriminately. I need that probiotic to work. I don't know how to make curry. I have a habanero based hot sauce that I put on everything. It helps better than horseradish with the nasal passages. I'll put it in my chicken noodle soup.

My development is currently still in building mode, so when they build a new house in the neighborhood, it affects the water here. I think, but am not 100% certain, that's the issue with the toilets here.

I need to go back and figure out which triggering phrase I used. I can't remember.
    "...the allicin in garlic tends to kill bacteria indiscriminately"

" I have a habanero based hot sauce that I put on everything."

I wonder what else kills bacteria

I just tried to find the thread with my three trigger phrases. It was some SJW thing and I'll be damned if I can find it going through four pages of that news story mess

One of them was ' for real '

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I don't feel like being here at work anymore today
    Be like Superman. Change and fly away

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Be like Superman. Change and fly away

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Superman never beat helpless Shaggys

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Superman never beat helpless Shaggys
    How do you know?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    "...the allicin in garlic tends to kill bacteria indiscriminately"

" I have a habanero based hot sauce that I put on everything."

I wonder what else kills bacteria

I just tried to find the thread with my three trigger phrases. It was some SJW thing and I'll be damned if I can find it going through four pages of that news story mess

One of them was ' for real '
    Surprisingly, the hot sauce does absolutely nothing to the effectiveness of the probiotic, at least nothing that I can see. The probiotic's still doing its job.

I bought a garlic supplement a while back and it did bad things to me. Probably a side effect to one of their non-active ingredients. I can't take stuff like Echinacea or Dandelion root because I'm allergic to ragweed and that stuff qualifies. Found that out the hard way. Anyway, I have to be careful with supplements because they often use ragweed as a carrier herbal, which facilitates faster absorption. I can't remember which one was in the garlic supplement. It had a funky long name that I had to look up. I chucked it after I found out what it was.