Page 2632 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 1632 2132 2532 2582 2622 2630 2631 2632 2633 2634 2642 2682 2732 3132 3632 ... LastLast
Results 39,466 to 39,480 of 55052

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    For someone who's not a fan of Star Trek TNG, what is a better series to watch? Deep Space Nine or Voyager?
    I say Voyager because I couldn't stand Deep Sleep Time. Fans of DS9 often say start watching around halfway through season 3 because it's a good series.

The Borg, Seven of Nine....I liked a whole lot of Voyager

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (02-15-2018)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    I still might give TNG another chance just because. I barely made it thru the first episode and tossed in the towel on it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    You seriously have only watched one episode of TNG? Riker, Jean-Luc and Data???

There's some good stuff there for sure.

Let me make a long argument short. I'm on this site where we rate episodes of Discovery. I'm a vocal hater of the show. The common response from supporters is - Most Star Trek series struggled through their first years. I can agree with some of that.

DS9 has a good reputation with fans, yet I never made it past the first season because of things like the cutesy Ferengi with their ears, staying in one spot for long periods of time, didn't like the captain at first.

That being said, TNG, Enterprise and Voyager all have some great episodes if you stick with them. And there is crossover, where canonical ideas are carried on or explored through the shows.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    You seriously have only watched one episode of TNG? Riker, Jean-Luc and Data???

There's some good stuff there for sure.

Let me make a long argument short. I'm on this site where we rate episodes of Discovery. I'm a vocal hater of the show. The common response from supporters is - Most Star Trek series struggled through their first years. I can agree with some of that.

DS9 has a good reputation with fans, yet I never made it past the first season because of things like the cutesy Ferengi with their ears, staying in one spot for long periods of time, didn't like the captain at first.

That being said, TNG, Enterprise and Voyager all have some great episodes if you stick with them. And there is crossover, where canonical ideas are carried on or explored through the shows.
    I guess my problem with TNG is that it was SO different from anything Trek, that it bothered me when I started to watch it I thought Picard was a pompous ass with his all "Make it so" and things like that and I definitely didn't like the whole Klingon transformation (but that also goes back the the films too) I don't care how they tried to explain it away in the canon. I didn't like the new Enterprise (I knew some things before even watching the show, like the saucer being able to disconnect from the rest of the ship ) and the way the bridge looked more like my living room than a space ship

I do like Enterprise even though that series gets an awfully bad rap from people. Unfortunately I haven't even finished the 1st season of that one, I got about a third of the way thru it and then things just came up and I never went back to it. I might try and go back and watch it after I finish with Star Trek Garbage (AKA Discovery).

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It's better than you imagine and has some good eps with Data and crew.

Yes the bridge is comfy, but not half as bad as one of the recent Star Trek movies (which I liked) where the bridge looked like some weird 80's disco with an Aquaman theme....it was all pink ffs.

Very mild spoiler about Discovery - On the finale they went down to an Orion outpost. Think dystopian dark market full of unsavory characters. In one quick panning shot they show a Klingon from behind taking a whiz in an alley...and there are two streams coming out. I immediately remembered that on TNG, Worf had a relationship with Deanna Troi, the ship's Councillor

Troi is an empath by the way, and that was something I didn't care for in TNG. But it can be good, I would give it a chance.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It's better than you imagine and has some good eps with Data and crew.

Yes the bridge is comfy, but not half as bad as one of the recent Star Trek movies (which I liked) where the bridge looked like some weird 80's disco with an Aquaman theme....it was all pink ffs.

Very mild spoiler about Discovery - On the finale they went down to an Orion outpost. Think dystopian dark market full of unsavory characters. In one quick panning shot they show a Klingon from behind taking a whiz in an alley...and there are two streams coming out. I immediately remembered that on TNG, Worf had a relationship with Deanna Troi, the ship's Councillor

Troi is an empath by the way, and that was something I didn't care for in TNG. But it can be good, I would give it a chance.
    Yeah, I knew about the empath things and I don't like that part at all.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I bought six different types of frozen pizza to find out if any of them can be inserted into my dinner rotation.

Tried the first one last night. It says - preheat oven to 480 degrees. 480? Highest I've turned the oven to is 425 when cooking something.

So I set it to Hades, put the pizza in for 12 seconds or whatever it instructed and gotta say....really good, tasty crust. Fillings sucked and were non existent (like most frozen pizzas).

strike one

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Oh there's this dude who reviews snacks and 'meals' on Youtube.

He's a fat Canadian guy and tells you how it's cooked, then he sits there and literally eats the whatever in real time giving you his impressions of it.

Most times he chews with his mouth open (I hate that) and comments as he's chowing down.
    For example Wendys puts out a spicy chicken sandwich...fat dude is on it. Tim Hortons has a new panini, he eats one right in front of you

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I bought six different types of frozen pizza to find out if any of them can be inserted into my dinner rotation.

Tried the first one last night. It says - preheat oven to 480 degrees. 480? Highest I've turned the oven to is 425 when cooking something.

So I set it to Hades, put the pizza in for 12 seconds or whatever it instructed and gotta say....really good, tasty crust. Fillings sucked and were non existent (like most frozen pizzas).

strike one
    What brand was it? As far as frozen pizzas go, there are only 3 types I like. If I'm being cheap, I get the Tombstone pizzas because they are $3.97 at Walmart.

A newer brand that showed up down here is Screamin' Sicilian pizza: http://www.screaminsicilian.com/pizzas/mambo-italiano/ I really like this one

And believe it or not, Walmart's brand Sam's Choice is a pretty decent frozen pizza.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (02-15-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    What brand was it? As far as frozen pizzas go, there are only 3 types I like. If I'm being cheap, I get the Tombstone pizzas because they are $3.97 at Walmart.

A newer brand that showed up down here is Screamin' Sicilian pizza: http://www.screaminsicilian.com/pizzas/mambo-italiano/ I really like this one

And believe it or not, Walmart's brand Sam's Choice is a pretty decent frozen pizza.
    Last night was Dr Oetker Casa di Mama (thin crust with rising edge) three meat ....and I use the term meat loosely.

Dr Oetker is a maker with a lot of hidden brands meaning the company puts out frozen pizzas under varying names.

I tend to buy based on weight and price If I shop wisely, I can find 500, 600 and even 800 gram pizzas at the same price as 320 grams. Taste however is a different matter...

Story: Remember I got that Visa gift card for buying winter tires? It was for 70 dollars and I had already spent over 50 dollars of it. I had about 18.90 remaining on the card.

All of these frozen pizza brands were on sale from 2.87 - 3.33 each. So in the store I do some quick Jewish accounting and my bill comes out to 18.79 with tax

Most of them are normally around 4.50 to 5.00 dollars.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Last night was Dr Oetker Casa di Mama (thin crust with rising edge) three meat ....and I use the term meat loosely.

Dr Oetker is a maker with a lot of hidden brands meaning the company puts out frozen pizzas under varying names.

I tend to buy based on weight and price If I shop wisely, I can find 500, 600 and even 800 gram pizzas at the same price as 320 grams. Taste however is a different matter...

Story: Remember I got that Visa gift card for buying winter tires? It was for 70 dollars and I had already spent over 50 dollars of it. I had about 18.90 remaining on the card.

All of these frozen pizza brands were on sale from 2.87 - 3.33 each. So in the store I do some quick Jewish accounting and my bill comes out to 18.79 with tax

Most of them are normally around 4.50 to 5.00 dollars.
    My wife likes the Dr Oetker pizzas, specifically these: http://www.oetker.us/us-en/our-produ.../overview.html

But they vanished from the stores around here, can't find them anywhere now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Next one is Dr Oetker "Ristorante" like it's some kind of Italian bistro hipster shit

I can tell it won't be much better already, because of the weight

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    My wife likes the Dr Oetker pizzas, specifically these: http://www.oetker.us/us-en/our-produ.../overview.html

But they vanished from the stores around here, can't find them anywhere now.
    I've had a few frozen pizza varieties already and full disclosure, before this year I hadn't had frozen pizza since I was in my teens. My parents would always order from this restaurant called Spiros, who put tons of toppings on their pies. Like three types of cheese including cheddar with the mozza. They charged way more than most pizza places, but everyone who has tried said it's the best pizza they've had. Spiros absolutely ruined me for frozen pizza or even chain places like Pizza Hut and Domino's .

I sometimes feel like I'm offending my father when I eat frozen pizza, so I do it quickly

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I've had a few frozen pizza varieties already and full disclosure, before this year I hadn't had frozen pizza since I was in my teens. My parents would always order from this restaurant called Spiros, who put tons of toppings on their pies. Like three types of cheese including cheddar with the mozza. They charged way more than most pizza places, but everyone who has tried said it's the best pizza they've had. Spiros absolutely ruined me for frozen pizza or even chain places like Pizza Hut and Domino's .

I sometimes feel like I'm offending my father when I eat frozen pizza, so I do it quickly
    I like frozen pizza for when I want pizza on the cheap and don't feel like getting delivery. Add in a tip for the driver and delivery can get pricey.