Page 2865 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 1865 2365 2765 2815 2855 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2875 2915 2965 3365 ... LastLast
Results 42,961 to 42,975 of 55059

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Fuck it. I want it.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I use the string below each tuned one on the fifth fret...not really harmonics. Same idea? And I use the bathroom fan downstairs to tune the low E
    Same idea in that you're still tuning by ear........ i just feel you can tune closer to perfect using the harmonics

Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I just offered $1500 for a Mesa Boogie Mark 5 1x12 combo.

Oh boy.

Fuck it. I want it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It's done.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

KevinD (02-28-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It's done.

Have you passed the "oh shit i just spent a ton of cash on musical equipment" stage yet? Gonna have to post up a vid/audio track when you get it mate

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,888 Posts
    [QUOTE=Goofy;887639]Same idea in that you're still tuning by ear........ i just feel you can tune closer to perfect using the harmonics

Thanks for this. I've seen guys often doing this on vids (notably Mick on TPS), and I knew they were tuning, but couldn't work out exactly how. My question with this is how do you get low E in tune as reference? By ear?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post

Have you passed the "oh shit i just spent a ton of cash on musical equipment" stage yet? Gonna have to post up a vid/audio track when you get it mate
    It's not my first time spending tons of cash on gear, so I'm not shitting a brick right now. I haven't done it in a while, but I have done it in the past. I actually got a ridiculously good deal on this one. $1625 is insanely low for a Mesa Boogie combo in very good to excellent condition. I believe the Mark 5 combo ran somewhere around $2300-$2400 brand new. It seems like a lot, but it is a Mesa Boogie. They're just expensive (and usually worth every penny). Of course, if I didn't feel that I could afford it, I wouldn't have bought it to begin with, so yeah. But I'm not gonna have to do without because of this. I pick and choose my timing wisely. If it's May or somewhere between October and December, no way in hell. There's just too much going on that I need the cash to take care of. But I'm usually good to pull the proverbial trigger on stuff in February and March and again in between July and September. So I had the extra cash laying around. And I wanted a Mesa Boogie, dammit.

I'll see if I can figure out how to get a sound recording when I get everything sorted. I just don't do that sort of thing, like... ever.

[QUOTE=KevinD;887656]
    Same idea in that you're still tuning by ear........ i just feel you can tune closer to perfect using the harmonics

Thanks for this. I've seen guys often doing this on vids (notably Mick on TPS), and I knew they were tuning, but couldn't work out exactly how. My question with this is how do you get low E in tune as reference? By ear?
    Either you memorize what low E is supposed to be, and it is possible to do that, or you use a reference point, like a song, or another in tune guitar. Of course, if you're playing with another guitar player and neither of you are in perfect tune, you could use this method anyway. Get in tune with each other on one string, and then use the harmonics to get both guitars in tune.

Tuners work great, too. Just saying. You can get one of those cheap clip-on tuners that you attach to your head stock. I have a few of them. They work great.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,888 Posts
    Oh I have a snark, and it seems to do the job well, just thinking I guess. Congratulations on the MB!
    I'm at the point now, tuning wise, where if I'm in a guitar store, I can tell if it's not in tune, but not quite get it in tune without a tuner. I have noticed that to my ears at least, the individual string will start to "warble" as I tune up to pitch.
    Last edited by KevinD; 03-01-2019 at 12:44 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    So I'm deep down the youtube rabbit hole. Kiefer Sutherland has a youtube channel with about 10 videos posted to it. The old ones are his music, but more recently he started uploading cooking videos... he's not particularly good at cooking, or interesting to listen to. This is just weird.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    So I'm deep down the youtube rabbIit hole. Kiefer Sutherland has a youtube channel with about 10 videos posted to it. The old ones are his music, but more recently he started uploading cooking videos... he's not particularly good at cooking, or interesting to listen to. This is just weird.
    The Kief! I often wonder how washed-up past prime movie stars pass their time...

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It's not my first time spending tons of cash on gear, so I'm not shitting a brick right now. I haven't done it in a while, but I have done it in the past. I actually got a ridiculously good deal on this one. $1625 is insanely low for a Mesa Boogie combo in very good to excellent condition. I believe the Mark 5 combo ran somewhere around $2300-$2400 brand new. It seems like a lot, but it is a Mesa Boogie. They're just expensive (and usually worth every penny). Of course, if I didn't feel that I could afford it, I wouldn't have bought it to begin with, so yeah. But I'm not gonna have to do without because of this. I pick and choose my timing wisely. If it's May or somewhere between October and December, no way in hell. There's just too much going on that I need the cash to take care of. But I'm usually good to pull the proverbial trigger on stuff in February and March and again in between July and September. So I had the extra cash laying around. And I wanted a Mesa Boogie, dammit.

I'll see if I can figure out how to get a sound recording when I get everything sorted. I just don't do that sort of thing, like...

My neighbour has a Mesa, not sure what model but it was a 4 figure purchase. Around 15 years ago i pulled the trigger on a Gibby SJ-200, most expensive thing i've ever bought...... had a myriad of emotions there Always wished i'd never sold it but i needed the money at the time, recouped most of what it cost me

Have a watch of this

Most amazing sounding acoustic ive ever heard, the first strum just lights up the room! A tad pricey at 55k though

Kev - i do use a tuner, the harmonics tuning method i normally just use to quickly retune one string that sounds off to me. It really comes in handy when you get handed an acoustic at a house party or bar etc and have to tune by ear. It doesnt matter too much in that situation if you've got it tuned to perfect pitch, you just want all 6 strings to be in tune with each other.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (03-01-2019), KevinD (03-01-2019), lost in melb. (03-01-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Second late night thought. There's a HUGE lack of hockey equipment on amazon canada. No real sticks, the gear on there is stupid shit nobody uses.... wonder what it would take to actually set up a legit amazon store for hockey gear and drop ship it? Maybe a weekend research project.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Goofy (03-01-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Second late night thought. There's a HUGE lack of hockey equipment on amazon canada. No real sticks, the gear on there is stupid shit nobody uses.... wonder what it would take to actually set up a legit amazon store for hockey gear and drop ship it? Maybe a weekend research project.
    Seems strange, isnt ice hockey pretty much the biggest game in Canada? You would have thought Amazon would be all over that

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Seems strange, isnt ice hockey pretty much the biggest game in Canada? You would have thought Amazon would be all over that
    Agreed. It's odd for sure. Amazon.ca isn't anywhere near as good as the US version but it's still got almost anything you'd need. Hockey is massive here, there are 3-4 large hockey shops within 10 minutes of me and they all sell online too. Why one of them wouldn't be selling on amazon is beyond me. Maybe because people like to feel their gear before buying and there's a huge variety in fits of protective gear, helmets, and stick designs... but still if clothing and shoes can sell on Amazon I don't see why hockey gear wouldn't.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Goofy (03-01-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Agreed. It's odd for sure. Amazon.ca isn't anywhere near as good as the US version but it's still got almost anything you'd need. Hockey is massive here, there are 3-4 large hockey shops within 10 minutes of me and they all sell online too. Why one of them wouldn't be selling on amazon is beyond me. Maybe because people like to feel their gear before buying and there's a huge variety in fits of protective gear, helmets, and stick designs... but still if clothing and shoes can sell on Amazon I don't see why hockey gear wouldn't.
    Agreed, i buy almost everything on Amazon these days. 99.9% of the time it's cheaper than anywhere else, and with Prime i get free, fast delivery.

Yesterday for instance, i was needing to buy a new paint roller and brushes for some decorating i'm doing (either this weekend or next, depends when im motivated ), jumped on Amazon and got a 2 roller/2 brush kit for £6, mostly 5 star reviews........ that was early afternoon i ordered and it arrived around 7pm last night. Saved me money, time, fuel, queuing etc.

I know a lot of folk hate how Amazon is killing off the smaller businesses but i fuckin love it!

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Can you imagine if they made this music video today?

#MeToo
    #ToxicMasculinity

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Goofy (03-01-2019), RBP (03-01-2019)